Sign in to follow this  
Kieransi

(Tentative) Release Windows for Upcoming Products

Hey everyone I think this information disseminated here already but just in case anyone missed the announcement last Wednesday I thought I'd share here. 

This is from the X-Wing Miniatures Second Edition Discord Server, which I help run. (https://tinyurl.com/xwing-2e)

"Exciting news everybody! The moderation team here has recently been contacted by Evan Johnson, a Marketing Manager at FFG, in their effort to better engage with the community by opening lines of communication directly with us as players, from FFG themselves! While we work out the details with FFG’s representatives, Evan has already been so kind as to forward us the release windows for upcoming X-Wing products! It’s important to note that these are not final and may change for a variety of reasons, but the dates we’ve been given are:
- Huge Ship Conversion Kit, Tantive IV, Epic Battles – November 8, 2019
- C-ROC – November 15, 2019
- Imperial Raider, X-Wing Damage Decks – December 2019
- Saw's Renegades, TIE Reaper, Hound's Tooth, Interceptor, Defender, RZ-1 A-Wing – December 2019 (note that these are currently scheduled for a separate release from Vonreg's TIE and the Fireball)
- Never Tell Me the Odds, Fully Loaded – January 2020
- Vonreg's TIE, Fireball, Hotshots and Aces – February 2020
Feel free to discuss and spread the information to your friends. Happy gaming, and be sure to check back frequently for more news in the near future!"

sorry if everyone's already seen this, I try to keep up to date with the forums but don't have time to read every thread anymore :( 

Edited by Kieransi

I wish they would put that in an article or on Twitter.  They just updated vonreg TIE to in the boat today.  So February makes sense.   

So maybe a month and a half before adepticon to figure the new stuff out. 

3 hours ago, reqent said:

I wish they would put that in an article or on Twitter.  They just updated vonreg TIE to in the boat today.  So February makes sense.   

So maybe a month and a half before adepticon to figure the new stuff out. 

Two and a half months on the boat makes sense? 

Dear god, I just looked and the Nantex is listed as “In Development”. So, take that page with a grain of salt?

4 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Hey everyone I think this information disseminated here already but just in case anyone missed the announcement last Wednesday I thought I'd share here. 

This is from the X-Wing Miniatures Second Edition Discord Server, which I help run. (https://tinyurl.com/xwing-2e)

"Exciting news everybody! The moderation team here has recently been contacted by Evan Johnson, a Marketing Manager at FFG, in their effort to better engage with the community by opening lines of communication directly with us as players, from FFG themselves! While we work out the details with FFG’s representatives, Evan has already been so kind as to forward us the release windows for upcoming X-Wing products! It’s important to note that these are not final and may change for a variety of reasons, but the dates we’ve been given are:
- Huge Ship Conversion Kit, Tantive IV, Epic Battles – November 8, 2019
- C-ROC – November 15, 2019
- Imperial Raider, X-Wing Damage Decks – December 2019
- Saw's Renegades, TIE Reaper, Hound's Tooth, Interceptor, Defender, RZ-1 A-Wing – December 2019 (note that these are currently scheduled for a separate release from Vonreg's TIE and the Fireball)
- Never Tell Me the Odds, Fully Loaded – January 2020
- Vonreg's TIE, Fireball, Hotshots and Aces – February 2020
Feel free to discuss and spread the information to your friends. Happy gaming, and be sure to check back frequently for more news in the near future!"

sorry if everyone's already seen this, I try to keep up to date with the forums but don't have time to read every thread anymore :( 

Thanks man for getting this information from them and distributing to the community! Did they make any comment on why the next wave was pushed by half a quarter? 

Edited by PaulRuddSays

6 hours ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Thanks man for getting this information from them and distributing to the community! Did they make any comment on why the next wave was pushed by half a quarter? 

no comment on why, they just relayed the dates to us. not really sure. My own personal speculation is that it's meant to line up with some secret stuff from Rise of Skywalker that they're not allowed to talk about yet (like the secret Force Awakens core sets or whatever but this time for the movie's release), but again, just my speculation. 

I highly doubt there will be any surprise products. If there were ever going to be surprise products, it would have been the badly needed card packs at Gencon. That didn't happen, this definitely won't.

I also consider it unlikely we'll get a TRoS ship anywhere near the theatrical release date unless they're working much more closely with Lucasfilm than before. They don't have any desire to repeat the TFA Core and Silencer fiascos. If getting the information right means waiting a few months, I'm all for that and so are they.

2 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

What is new and not been released before?   There are the two ships from the Resistance show (yawn).   There are the card packs (yeah!).   What else?    Just redoing the old stuff has zero interest for me.  Why bother?

Bossk in the Z-95 will be out in the Hound's Tooth expansion this December, so that's something. Also it will be the first Nashtah Pup repaint, and we're getting a repaint of the RZ-1. I guess the Reaper and Saw's Renegades will be nice since they won't have the problems the first release had, so there's that. TBH it'll be hard to hold off buying more of those sweet black-and-whites...

Other than that, yeah I'm not super enthused. These releases will be great for people who are new to 2.0, so I'm glad they're doing them. Still...

another announcement today:

"We had previously announced that we were releasing the Saw's Renegades Expansion Pack and the TIE Reaper Expansion Pack in "black boxes"—i.e. matching the rest of the second edition product, no first edition cards included within. The business team took a look at our stock, and it just didn't make sense to create those. The "grey boxes" released at the end of first edition included both first edition and second edition content, and there are still a ton of the grey boxes in stores.

Because of that, we're pulling the black boxes from the release schedule, and will not be producing those. Anyone interested in that content should just get the grey boxes, which as I mentioned, should be readily available.

Let me know if there are any questions! Hopefully this shouldn't ruffle too many feathers, but I'm sorry about the miscommunication!" 

Edited by Kieransi

11 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

"We had previously announced that we were releasing the Saw's Renegades Expansion Pack and the TIE Reaper Expansion Pack in "black boxes"—i.e. matching the rest of the second edition product, no first edition cards included within. The business team took a look at our stock, and it just didn't make sense to create those. The "grey boxes" released at the end of first edition included both first edition and second edition content, and there are still a ton of the grey boxes in stores.

Because of that, we're pulling the black boxes from the release schedule, and will not be producing those. Anyone interested in that content should just get the grey boxes, which as I mentioned, should be readily available.

Let me know if there are any questions! Hopefully this shouldn't ruffle too many feathers, but I'm sorry about the miscommunication!" 

Eesh, players will have to see how much comically better the first edition dial for the reaper was now. Unfortunate. 

Thanks for the continued updates! It’s nice to get new information, regardless of how I feel about the specifics of it! 

16 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Bossk in the Z-95 will be out in the Hound's Tooth expansion this December, so that's something. Also it will be the first Nashtah Pup repaint, and we're getting a repaint of the RZ-1. I guess the Reaper and Saw's Renegades will be nice since they won't have the problems the first release had, so there's that. TBH it'll be hard to hold off buying more of those sweet black-and-whites...

Other than that, yeah I'm not super enthused. These releases will be great for people who are new to 2.0, so I'm glad they're doing them. Still...

Yawn.....I'm just not interested in buying ships for different paint jobs at this point. 

16 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Wait....so......they ARE NOT going to be re-releasing Saw's Renegades and the Tie Reaper?    Dang, I was thinking of perhaps buying the old Saw's at discount as it wasn't "new" anymore.   My store gives a discount for out dated stuff.   

31 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

This is solidifying my suspicions that the discord is being trolled...

I understand why they are not replacing the wave 0 2.0 stuff.  I just dont get why they are communicating through discord instead of ffg live, article, content creators or even this forum (no offense to your discord server).  

At this point wave 6 has really changed.  I feel the new stuff that will impact the game the most will bump into wave 7 at this point.

@Hiemfire I just saw your comment and i agree. 

Edited by reqent
Addition

33 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

This is solidifying my suspicions that the discord is being trolled...

29 minutes ago, reqent said:

@Hiemfire I just saw your comment and i agree. 

well I hope they're not trolling us 

if they are fake they're doing a good job, the Discord account whose username is Matt Holland has been in the Legion discord sharing Legion info for months :D

Edited by Kieransi

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

Please note that the products in question (Saw's Renegades and TIE Reaper expansion packs) now no longer appear under the 2.0 sets to be produced in the X-wing Second Edition main page.  Previously, they were showing up as available for pre-order under their respective faction expansion drop downs.

The packages still show up in the "Upcoming products" page, but now just give 404s when you click on their links.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/x-wing-second-editiontie-reaper-expansion-pack/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/x-wing-second-edition-saws-renegades-expansion-pack/

Doesn't seem like a troll to me.  All the various links just haven't been cleaned up yet.

Edited by Merrick_H

While I can't speak for the rest of the world, down here in OZ both Brick and Morter stores and online stores have been flogging off 1.0 products for 12 months now with deeper and deeper discounts.

I completely understand why they are doing this but by not Re-releasing these two products it will put new, returning and some wait and see players unable to get their hands on these ships for 2.0 

Also, Wave 6 (not inc Fireball and the FO TIE Interceptor) is supposed to release in about a month, this heavily implies that FFG actually made this decision some time ago 

Strange move. I have seen many stores putting the 1.0 versions on sale already and plenty of stores around here are out of them now.

For me personally it is not an issue as I got 4x Saw's renegades last weekend in a sale for under 50 total so I have enough, but for new players getting into the game now they might become hard to get. 

9 hours ago, Kieransi said:

well I hope they're not trolling us 

Looks like my suspicions are wrong. Reaper and Saw's are no longer on the Second Ed product page (I just noticed that @Merrick_H had posted about that as I was typing) and the Echoes of War article is "gone" (link is returning a FFG page with and Error 500 on it). Sad really, I doubt that their back stock is going to last all that much longer unless they re-release the U-Wing.

6 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Looks like my suspicions are wrong. Reaper and Saw's are no longer on the Second Ed product page (I just noticed that @Merrick_H had posted about that as I was typing) and the Echoes of War article is "gone" (link is returning a FFG page with and Error 500 on it). Sad really, I doubt that their back stock is going to last all that much longer unless they re-release the U-Wing.

Oh, Echoes of War is still there... It just doesn't have the Reaper or Renegades in there anymore.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/8/1/echoes-of-war/

2 hours ago, Captain Warden said:

Oh, Echoes of War is still there... It just doesn't have the Reaper or Renegades in there anymore.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/8/1/echoes-of-war/

It wasn't when I made my post. 

The link you posted doesn't have an article attached to it...

"Sorry, we were unable to load the requested page (Error 500). We track these errors automatically, but if the problem persisits you may submit a bug report using the Feedback button, located at the bottom right of the page. In the meantime, please try refreshing."

Edited by Hiemfire

40 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

It wasn't when I made my post. 

The link you posted doesn't have an article attached to it...

"Sorry, we were unable to load the requested page (Error 500). We track these errors automatically, but if the problem persisits you may submit a bug report using the Feedback button, located at the bottom right of the page. In the meantime, please try refreshing."

Finally, a conspiracy theory I can believe in!

Yep, gone again for me too!

On 11/11/2019 at 12:40 PM, Kieransi said:

It is vexing to me that FFG Gave out info there and did not put it here too. 
I am now on Discord and three regional FB groups just to stay informed about the game and upcoming events.  If everyone simply used the FFG forum, we’d have no need for all that.