Sign in to follow this  
Arcanis161

Modeling idea, is it kosher?

I have a couple of ideas for modeling my Clone Trooper stuff, but as I most typically see little to no adjustment to the models in the sets, I'm not sure if these ideas would be legal or acceptable.

The first idea is based on the fact that the BARC speeder isn't all that right now, and some of the options aren't all that great. Because the kit comes with two torsos (one for the Ion/Twin Laser and one for the RPS-6), I thought about taking one I wouldn't be using and use it on a base to represent a casualty.

The other idea I had is taking the "extra" clone trooper from each of my 4 squads and making a 5th. My reasoning is that, due to Clone Troopers being expensive, I doubt I would use the extra troopers and, even if I could, I see more value in taking an extra squad rather than ran extra trooper in each squad.

Now, again, I'm not sure these ideas are actually legal (if I were to go to a tournament or something) or generally acceptable by the community. What's the forum's take on these ideas? 

37 minutes ago, Arcanis161 said:

I have a couple of ideas for modeling my Clone Trooper stuff, but as I most typically see little to no adjustment to the models in the sets, I'm not sure if these ideas would be legal or acceptable.

The first idea is based on the fact that the BARC speeder isn't all that right now, and some of the options aren't all that great. Because the kit comes with two torsos (one for the Ion/Twin Laser and one for the RPS-6), I thought about taking one I wouldn't be using and use it on a base to represent a casualty.

The other idea I had is taking the "extra" clone trooper from each of my 4 squads and making a 5th. My reasoning is that, due to Clone Troopers being expensive, I doubt I would use the extra troopers and, even if I could, I see more value in taking an extra squad rather than ran extra trooper in each squad.

Now, again, I'm not sure these ideas are actually legal (if I were to go to a tournament or something) or generally acceptable by the community. What's the forum's take on these ideas? 

Both of your ideas have potential.

1. Putting wounded dude on base: People do all kinds of stuff with bases, so have fun! It shouldn't be a problem.

2. Bonus squad: technically, you need the card and more importantly the Activation token to run the bonus squad. The good news is these will come in the upgrade packs. If you save your extra guys from the core set, you should easily be able to make a new squad with an Upgrade pack.

Hope that helps!

1 hour ago, Arcanis161 said:

The trick is getting spare Legion bases, which are very odd dimensions. Though Priority Supplies come with spares.

1 hour ago, Arcanis161 said:

That's fine for regular play, just not the tournaments. Make a full set of activation tokens out of poker chips and jot the card down on paper.