Sign in to follow this  
Janaka

Green Goblin

Originally slated for a November release, its all gone very quiet on the Green Goblin scenario pack. Doesn't even appear on the upcoming products page.

Has anybody heard any whispers about a release date yet?

I was just wondering about this too and tried looking it up but didn’t find anything.  I wonder if they will say anything about it when they Preview Wrecking Crew on ffg live Tuesday.

Edited by wizerdrea

It’s looking more and more like it’ll be Dec. 

But FFG themselves don’t really know when a product will be released until about 2 weeks before hand. 

the upcoming page is not to be trusted and is only really reflective of where a product actually is once something changes to ‘shipping now’. 

for example Ms Marvel isn’t on their either 

plus, all LCG cycles are printed, freighted, warehoused all at once. So I wouldn’t worry. 

1 hour ago, FearLord said:

As FFG sent Team Covenant preview files to play the first Green Goblin Scenario on stream this week, I’d be surprised if it has been delayed. I expect it will be out towards the end of the month though.

That's even more reason to believe it will be december. FFG likes to give out cards/previews to people well in advance of their release. 

13 hours ago, FearLord said:

It does have some logic to it, but they could well throw us a wild card. It will be interesting to see whether the game tries to build on the popularity of characters that will be appearing in current films or whether it will go for some more obscure stuff.

For example, Black Widow will be out next year. She’s already an ally, but could they release a hero pack for her next year to capitalise on that? Task Master Scenario / module? The Eternals will be out later next year - Black Knight will apparently be in it - he’s not as well known as some, but he was an Avenger for a long while. He’d be a fairly left field choice right now, but he might be a household name in a few year...

7 hours ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

It’s looking more and more like it’ll be Dec. 

But FFG themselves don’t really know when a product will be released until about 2 weeks before hand. 

the upcoming page is not to be trusted and is only really reflective of where a product actually is once something changes to ‘shipping now’. 

for example Ms Marvel isn’t on their either 

plus, all LCG cycles are printed, freighted, warehoused all at once. So I wouldn’t worry. 

Well she is on there already.

msmarvel.JPG

Edited by zwara81

12 hours ago, Supertoe said:

That's even more reason to believe it will be december. FFG likes to give out cards/previews to people well in advance of their release. 

I can’t say I’m worried. All of the first few expansions will already be printed and ready to go out, and generally they don’t wait too long for the first LCG expansion - got to hook people early! 😂 

I pay zero attention to FFG’s product listing in terms of timescales. They’re often completely wrong. They’ve released a preview for Green Goblin a long time ago, and now it looks like they ramping up the hype for it. I expect we’ll be seeing / hearing more about it soon - perhaps even something might be mentioned on the Wrecking Crew Stream next week...

On 11/10/2019 at 1:08 AM, zwara81 said:

Well she is on there already.

msmarvel.JPG

Missed that - but even more evidence that the upcoming page is all lies anyhow - since we know that the Ms. Marvel pack was probably completed months ago - presumably Boggs and Caleb are 6+ months ahead of product releases design wise anyway. 

In the live stream previewing the Wrecking Crew today FFG posted in the chat that there is no concrete news yet on a release for Green Goblin 😟

I'm wondering whether we'll end up seeing Captain America first?

The following is just guessing on my part. Probably both the Core Set, the Green Goblin Scenario, and maybe the Captain America pack were printed and shipped at the same time, and they are already in their warehouses. For whatever reasons (shipping delays, most likely) Core was pushed from the original October date to November the 1st. So, if my initial, assumption is right, the will want to go back on track. So, if their original plan was one month, one product, so releasing new stuff every 4-5 weeks, now probably they'll want to shorten that to around 3 weeks instead. That would mean Green Goblin by the end of November, and Cap for mid-December, just in time for X-Mas season.

Again, this is just guesswork on my part.

2 hours ago, Mon no Oni said:

The following is just guessing on my part. Probably both the Core Set, the Green Goblin Scenario, and maybe the Captain America pack were printed and shipped at the same time, and they are already in their warehouses. For whatever reasons (shipping delays, most likely) Core was pushed from the original October date to November the 1st. So, if my initial, assumption is right, the will want to go back on track. So, if their original plan was one month, one product, so releasing new stuff every 4-5 weeks, now probably they'll want to shorten that to around 3 weeks instead. That would mean Green Goblin by the end of November, and Cap for mid-December, just in time for X-Mas season.

Again, this is just guesswork on my part.

They print cycles of cards all together. So GG, Cap, and likely the next 4 packs are all already printed and in warehouses.

Of course cycles are defunct and the Scenario Packs are different sizes, so who really knows what their production stream is now.

10 hours ago, Palpster said:

I've been playing FFG games for years now and have come to accept that mostly we just don't get to know when product releases until right before it does. It is what it is. I enjoy their games too much to make a big problem out of it, even if I would like to see it differently.

When I love the idea of the game this tends to work for me, when the game isn't a must get I find this works against them as I just lose interest. I think FFG goes about 50/50 on the hype-delay issue for the most part. 

I also think that you and I may become the exception to the rule, there is a lot of competition out there.

13 minutes ago, Zacky Midnight said:

Is this pack coming with any player cards? I know I've seen this information before but can't remember where

No, it’s 2 scenarios and 4 modules. No player cards.

5 hours ago, FearLord said:

No, it’s 2 scenarios and 4 modules. No player cards.

Ooo I hadn’t seen that there were two separate scenarios. I love the idea of modules, though, and I’m glad we get so many so fast. So much customization for the encounter deck will keep the game fresh for a long time.

2 hours ago, Janaka said:

I notice that the Upcoming Products page was updated today. Green Goblin release is now showing January 2020.

Hopefully that's just the Upcoming page being inaccurate like it usually is. Then again maybe there was some kind of snag in the production of the first few expansions. Could be that those were sent to the printer after the Core Set. Eh oh well, they'll get here eventually. Hopefully Cap drops before X-mas though. I'd like some new stuff to tinker with.

Edited by Hippie Moosen

11 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

Hopefully that's just the Upcoming page being inaccurate like it usually is. Then again maybe there was some kind of snag in the production of the first few expansions. Could be that those were sent to the printer after the Core Set. Eh oh well, they'll get here eventually. Hopefully Cap drops before X-mas though. I'd like some new stuff to tinker with.

Cap is coming after sanda...february!