I’ve only gotten to play LotR: JiMe once and I did enjoy it. However, I own Mansions of Madness and still have so many unplaced scenarios in that, plus they just released another big box expansion for it that I’d like to get.

Has Journeys been good for ya’ll? Does it scratch an itch that MoM does not? If you didn’t already own it, would you buy it today?

It has the best features of MoM, but with a campaign feature, giving a scale of progression in the storyline and choices to make, or adventure you fail (but the game still progress)

I resume JiME being a mature game, as it takes the best of different games from FFG, like MoM :)

Edited by shade666

12 hours ago, smickletz said:

Does it scratch an itch that MoM does not?

MoM is not LoTR, so yes.

I'd still buy the game knowing what I know about it. I think I'd probably find a group that would actually be there through the whole campaign. I keep having groups that burn through 8 of the chapters and then someone in the group is busy and unable to progress...

I paid $75 for the game, not the $100 price from FFG.

Edited by Thaeggan

On 11/8/2019 at 10:47 AM, Shooock said:

The game is dead

I hate to be pessimistic, too, but based on FFG saying that they would have an "active" release schedule with frequent small packs being released and occasional deluxe expansions, and this hasn't happened, doesn't instill much confidence that FFG still views this as a viable product line.  Which is a major bummer if that is the case.  Although, based on how things have been going for them this past year and looking at their upcoming page, one has to wonder if it is FFG itself that is dying/dead.

Edited by Otakuon

Well, I hope that is the case.  Although, it begs the question, is FFG on more shaky financial grounds these days or are the new Asmodee overlords just pinching the pennies even tighter than the ones before?

I still love this game. Just finished painting the base figures and am starting on the Villains pack. My wife and I have played both campaigns and loved the whole thing (even if we lost both in the last scenario 😢 ). I am encouraged to hear an announcement early 2020 for more content. It is a bummer when other games I play like Arkham Horror: The Card Game and Star Wars Legion keep getting expansions and this one hasn't gotten much. Then I remember Arkham Horror 3rd edition has been out almost as long and only just got its first expansion. Keep faith!