Sign in to follow this  
Bucknife

Happy Friday: Prepping for Ep. 9 (no spoilers)

Watched the prequels through out the week... well, had them on as background noise. Next week will be Solo and Rebels (I was going to do Clone Wars between eps II and III, but there's just WAY Too much to marathon). Rogue One and the OT will be the first week of December and Eps 7 and 8 will be done the week of Ep 9. 

Happy friday!

(And all the best @Cubanboy).

Good you remind me, have to check if one already can get tickets here.

Might rewatch at least some films. Only oldest child has seen all films, the 3 younger ones only know Rebels. A good reason to watch Solo, the OT, R1 and then ST :)

On the other hand mid-november to december is normally pretty densely packed with things to do and events to attend 😐

Another prep thingie I did the last years was not visiting the forums from early december until i saw the resp. film. Because people keep spoilering, already now I know more than I wish to know.

Edited by Managarmr
Spell

I'm waiting on my brother corralling his friends so we can book tickets for Episode 9. I really ought to rewatch TLJ and Solo, as I've had the Blu-Rays sat on my shelf (but I've been heavily distracted by the Blu-ray releases of various Gundam series). 

I'm disappointed that Disney have announced Disney+ will be coming to the UK in March of next year. I was hoping for it sooner than that, because I'd like to watch The Mandalorian legitimately day-and-date with the US. Instead, I'll either have to risk spoilers or set sail on the seas of Internet piracy. 

I've got a tournament at my FLGS tomorrow, with a Huge Ship conversion kit & Epic Games box waiting for me there, as well as a charity tournament the weekend after. Plenty of stuff to do!

7 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Anyone watching all 8 to get ready for the finale?!

I've watched so far 1 time in this order 

Episode III, Rogue One, Empire Strikes Back, Last Jedi.

I feel those films will defintely prepare me for IX, as I am completely spoiler free for this film (except for official trailers) the other day watching TLJ I actually noticed new things, and have a new perscepttive on the film. (I already liked it, I like it more now) if the Emperor is really a big presence than TLJ makes a lot more sense in the way things occurred. 

7 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Tickets bought yet for midnight premier?

I have 1 ticket for the 19th at 6:05pm (yes the very first showing) and then taking my neices and nephews at 10am on the 20th (5 more tickets) altogether (it's become a tradition)

I’m currently doing a Star Wars marathon with some friends (only the movies, no time for the tv series) and we are at Rogue One.

Other than that, I’ve read Spark of Resistance and I’m currently reading Resistance Reborn.

Tickets are already bought for saturday for my girlfriend and I.

Can’t wait!

3 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

I’m going to blow through the entire film and tv cannon in the next 5 weeks. In chronological order. 

Going to attempt this. It's really tough so chronological order not guaranteed. For those interested:

1. Episodes 1+2
  2. The Clone Wars
  3. Episode 3
  4. Solo
  5. Rebels
  6. Rogue One
  7. Episodes 4-6
  8. The Mandolorian
  9. Episodes 7 + 8
  10. The Resistance
  11. THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

I've seen all of these except most of The Clone Wars and the second season of The Resistance. I don't have XD so it's tough watching the shows. Thank goodness for Disney+ coming out so soon!

52 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

The Clone Wars can be a bit of a slog so I’m doing that with the kids in the mornings and after school so my wife doesn’t leave me during this difficult time.

I'm telling you... Its our ladies who pay for all this StarWars nonsense.

Oh, what they put up with...