Arc170Chris

Clone Z95s - When do we think they'll come?

I think we're missing the obvious. A clone Zed95 could fill the same role as the Vulture. It could straight up be a tiny mass number fighter. 2 firepower, 2 agility, because of course. But then give it 2 hull, and a single shield. It gets a torpedo slot along with something like ESC, and some nifty ship rule and BAM! That's a unique little ship, and very thematically fitting to the mass armies of the Clone Wars.

I also want the LAAT/i first though. And it should be a medium. It's about the same size as a U-wing, fills the same role too. It's not nearly as big as any other large shuttle really. The senatorial shuttles, Twilight, and Nu-class are more the large ships to be sprinkled in. Then the V-wings. Charger and Naboo Yacht for Epic.

9 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Meanwhile, General Hux and his miserable First Order are crying in a corner...

Seriously the only crew carrier in FO has three crew slots. What would I give for a maneuverable or small or cheap or bonus-arced crew carrier in the First Order? And more crew cards too. It's sad how little support and synergy the First Order has available.

I hold out hope that Episode 9 or the Resistance TV show will give us a smaller shuttle or support craft for the First Order. A good support unit which doesn't take up a third of your list could really open up the list building options for the faction.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:59 AM, SuperWookie said:

FFG could just have the Z95 ship ability read "You can have this ship on any faction list... if you really want to for some reason."

Don't even! The Resistance would LOVE Z-95s! List filler? In THAT economy!? WHAT A BARGAIN!

Alas. There is no Z-100 that's sleeker and has different thrusters but is mostly the same.

...BUT THERE SURE IS A Z-96!

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Z-96

8 hours ago, KCDodger said:

Don't even! The Resistance would LOVE Z-95s! List filler? In THAT economy!? WHAT A BARGAIN!

Alas. There is no Z-100 that's sleeker and has different thrusters but is mostly the same.

Based on how car companies work, I would think the improvement from 95 to 96 would be minimal. Maybe they get a 4 blue where the 95 doesn't?

2 hours ago, SuperWookie said:

Based on how car companies work, I would think the improvement from 95 to 96 would be minimal. Maybe they get a 4 blue where the 95 doesn't?

Given how incredibly similar the two ships are supposed to be, maybe just a unique ship ability.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:28 AM, KingmanHighborn said:

I'm interested sure, but I feel like it steps on the V-19's toes. Maybe it's 'slightly' better than the scum/rebel one. Like an inbetween ship between the Delta and Torrent. 

Yep. Make it faster, with dual torpedo slots and shield. It's a beautiful ship, and will look awesome in the table. Warthog and Hawk as named pilots.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:28 AM, KingmanHighborn said:

Also, I find the LAAT ugly and isn't it a ground craft? It'd be like adding snowspeeders to X-wing wouldn't it?

There is a "space" variant of the LAAT. It's too iconic to not be in the game (and I actually find it charming).

On 11/9/2019 at 2:15 PM, KCDodger said:

What??? Dang, the Sequel Trilogy Era and their recicled ships... (but I would love to see this Z-96 in ep. IX)