Sign in to follow this  
azeronbloodmoone

future releases

34 minutes ago, Derrault said:

They’ve already paired leadership (Cap) and Protection (ms marvel), so unless Thor isn’t happening for more than 7 months (assuming one release per month), it’s probably Thor Aggression. 

And we know Thor is the next one after Miss Marvel.  They mentioned it at the end of the Miss Marvel preview on ffg live.

38 minutes ago, Derrault said:

They’ve already paired leadership (Cap) and Protection (ms marvel), so unless Thor isn’t happening for more than 7 months (assuming one release per month), it’s probably Thor Aggression. 

Right, I agree. I was just defending how that makes the most sense, while it's not like they're saying "Thor is just dumb muscle" by doing that.

Aggression just means attacking focused. I’d argue that aggression definitely makes the most sense for Thor - his powers are generally pretty destructive in nature (super strength, Lightning, etc). Obviously any hero can be played with any aspect if you wish, but Thor’s role in the Avengers is as their heavy hitter, not an investigator / the guy that comes up with the clever move to foil the bad guy’s plan. 

I’m expecting him to bring the Lightning and hit stuff hard with his hammer. Will be interesting to see how they make him feel unique though - Presumably some kind of ‘summon’ his hammer ability? Something to give him aerial? Possibly effects that force him to discard the hammer, but his ability brings it back to hand? 1/2/2 stats with the Hammer giving +1 attack? I’m excited for anything new for this game at this point - even the Wrecking Crew preview next week has me pretty interested!

9 minutes ago, FearLord said:

I’m expecting him to bring the Lightning and hit stuff hard with his hammer. Will be interesting to see how they make him feel unique though - Presumably some kind of ‘summon’ his hammer ability? Something to give him aerial? Possibly effects that force him to discard the hammer, but his ability brings it back to hand? 1/2/2 stats with the Hammer giving +1 attack? I’m excited for anything new for this game at this point - even the Wrecking Crew preview next week has me pretty interested!

Ooo Mjolnir will be dope, I’m sure. Seems likely that he’ll start with it equipped and whatnot, pretty similar to Cap’s shield. And aerial as a keyword on the hammer makes enough sense, IMO.

I was talking about Thor with a friend last night in the context of this game. Isn't he a hero that has no real alter-ego to speak of? My friend theorized that the alter-ego equivalent side might be Thor located in Asgard or something like that, giving opportunity to the villain for scheming while the hero is not present on Earth. I thought this was a cool idea.

4 minutes ago, Ascarel said:

I was talking about Thor with a friend last night in the context of this game. Isn't he a hero that has no real alter-ego to speak of? My friend theorized that the alter-ego equivalent side might be Thor located in Asgard or something like that, giving opportunity to the villain for scheming while the hero is not present on Earth. I thought this was a cool idea.

There’s a couple of options.

1) Dr Donald Blake - Thor Originally ‘shared space’ with Dr Donald Blake and could ‘swap’ with Thor. This was done away with a while ago though, so probably wouldn’t make it into the game.

2) Alter egos don’t necessarily represent secret identities. The mechanic looks like it’s represented differently with different characters. We can see Ms Marvel has lots of support cards tied to her alter ego, but nothing we’ve seen yet for Captain America is related to Steve Rogers (other than his obligation). I could see cards related to Asgard being the only real alter ego stuff he has and his alter ego form representing him in as King of Asgard...

10 hours ago, FearLord said:

Aggression just means attacking focused. I’d argue that aggression definitely makes the most sense for Thor - his powers are generally pretty destructive in nature (super strength, Lightning, etc). Obviously any hero can be played with any aspect if you wish, but Thor’s role in the Avengers is as their heavy hitter, not an investigator / the guy that comes up with the clever move to foil the bad guy’s plan. 

I guess it depends on what exactly 'Justice' represents. To me I'm looking at it as the 'moral' aspect- heroism, self sacrifice, nobility, that kind of thing. Which absolutely fits Thor, though I'll concede that tends to be more his solo comics rather than him being on the Avengers. Mostly, I'd just like to see Marvel play up that aspect of Thor's character more in general. 

But I can see the interpretation of Justice being the more 'intelligence' based aspect. I guess we'll just have to see where they end up going with it. 

7 hours ago, Mon no Oni said:

Don Blake was the original alter-ego for many decades, but I think he had another afterwards... ¿some construction worker? But maybe I'm mixing things. In any case, it would fit with the mold of the game.

Yeah, he has a secret identity as a construction worker during Simonson's run. A bit different as it was just Thor 'Clark Kent-ing' instead of the deal with Don Blake.

7 minutes ago, Abyss said:

I guess it depends on what exactly 'Justice' represents. To me I'm looking at it as the 'moral' aspect- heroism, self sacrifice, nobility, that kind of thing. Which absolutely fits Thor, though I'll concede that tends to be more his solo comics rather than him being on the Avengers. Mostly, I'd just like to see Marvel play up that aspect of Thor's character more in general. 

But I can see the interpretation of Justice being the more 'intelligence' based aspect. I guess we'll just have to see where they end up going with it. 

Yeah, he has a secret identity as a construction worker during Simonson's run. A bit different as it was just Thor 'Clark Kent-ing' instead of the deal with Don Blake.

Based on the characters associated with Justice so far (Spider-Man, Daredevil and Jessica Jones), I’d say it’s not so much about intelligence or self sacrifice as it is about street level and more about stopping crime. While I can see Thor working that way, I don’t see him being packaged that way...

1 hour ago, Radix2309 said:

I think the Hammer will start like the Shield. Then it has 2 abilities. Exaust to do an attack, or exaust to gain the aerial trait.

I agree with this,with a little difference:

Hammer will be start like shield,then it has 2 abillities."Exaust to attak(1 damage) or Discard to attack(3 damage),if the hammer is in your discard pile you cane spend 2 resources to put it in your hand."

3 hours ago, FearLord said:

Based on the characters associated with Justice so far (Spider-Man, Daredevil and Jessica Jones), I’d say it’s not so much about intelligence or self sacrifice as it is about street level and more about stopping crime. While I can see Thor working that way, I don’t see him being packaged that way...

Yeah, playing a game with that deck and just constantly beating confessions out of dudes with Daredevil + Interrogation Room... this seems like a decent take.

I guess, between surveillance team and Jessica Jones, I certainly get the idea that Justice is sortof like the “detective” aspect, but there might be other parts to it.

9 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Yeah, playing a game with that deck and just constantly beating confessions out of dudes with Daredevil + Interrogation Room... this seems like a decent take.

I guess, between surveillance team and Jessica Jones, I certainly get the idea that Justice is sortof like the “detective” aspect, but there might be other parts to it.

Yeah they’re definitely pretty wide concepts, and as we’ve seen with the previews so far, I expect there will be a Justice card that has a more ‘Thor feel’ in the pack, but the primary deck will be aggression to focus on Thor as a warrior.

14 minutes ago, Radix2309 said:

Justice is about thwarting schemes and solving crimes. It isn't strictly street level, as spies could have a Justice component.

Yeah. I mean at a very base level:

Aggression = Attacking

Protection = Defending

Justice = Thwarting

Leadership = Allies

So that can certainly be realized in a few different subcategories for each one.

It looks like the Game mirrors the comics, and the current Avengers Team (which is exactly the one in the Avengers Assemble Card) has a Ghost Rider Story Arc, so I think he is most likely. Miss Marvel also has a Series at the moment.

I am definetly hoping for Squirrel Girl.