Sign in to follow this  
azeronbloodmoone

future releases

so i'm a huge fan of ffg games own alot of the them (set for xwing) so in arkham lcg and LOTR they release more advance version of the original stuff they release (super hard mode i guess you can call it) do yall think they will do the same here also what do yall think/heard of future releases beyond what the first 3 expansions are.

7 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

so i'm a huge fan of ffg games own alot of the them (set for xwing) so in arkham lcg and LOTR they release more advance version of the original stuff they release (super hard mode i guess you can call it) do yall think they will do the same here also what do yall think/heard of future releases beyond what the first 3 expansions are.

The Wrecking Crew and Thor are the next two, and the last one this cycle is likely to be Moon Knight, since FFG has been promoting the same characters that are getting shows.

38 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

Like above and beyond the stage III and using the expert cards?

With the existence of modules, it seems like they could ramp the difficulty (even if already published enemies) by creating more modules.

Moon Knight seems left field; he’s not in any of the artwork used so far/revealed in previews for the unreleased stuff. Ghost raider on the other hand is on the box (front and back) and on the Avenger’s assemble card. Every single hero on that card is either in the game, or has been announced, except him.

56 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Like above and beyond the stage III and using the expert cards?

With the existence of modules, it seems like they could ramp the difficulty (even if already published enemies) by creating more modules.

Moon Knight seems left field; he’s not in any of the artwork used so far/revealed in previews for the unreleased stuff. Ghost raider on the other hand is on the box (front and back) and on the Avenger’s assemble card. Every single hero on that card is either in the game, or has been announced, except him.

Ghost Rider would be my next guess yeah, I think both heroes will definitely show up soon. Moon Knight isn't that out of left field though, the two other lesser known characters are both ones that got shows announced around the same time the game was, so moon knight's probably coming soon,.

Sorry guys, but that's not Ghost Rider. That's the villain Dormammu. He's usually associated as a Doctor Strange villain and was in fact the big bad in the MCU Doctor Strange movie at the end. Thor, Star Lord, and Rocket are on the box as well a along with Thanos. All the rest present on the cover are Heroes in the core or have been announced (Cap), Zemo is Cap's nemesis, Hulk and Vision are core allies.

6 hours ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

The game already has this sort of functionality built in - villains have different levels to play against, the game has 2 difficulty settings, and there will a continually growing pool of modular sets (of varying flavours and difficulties) to add into any scenario. 

So I'd be surprised if we see any 'Return to' or 'Nightmare' products. Not least because there's so many heroes and villains to try and hit that it'd also be frustrating to revisit them. 

I hope to see in the futere a S-level version of the old villians,like in the japanese manga and anime.level-1,level-2,level-3 and S- level.And i hope for very difficult mode that 4 heros with well build decks is very hard to win.

I think I’d like to see an upgrade pack for all the core set heroes and villains at some point. Some extra obligations, new hero specific cards, some new villain schemes and nemesis sets. It’d keep it fresh. Maybe they could throw in some tougher villains and more difficult modular encounters in those.

I think Ghost Rider will be the Justice pack hero and Moon Knight the ally.

There are really only a handful of Heroes are obviously Justice and I think Ghost Rider is the best fit as he is a headliner hero, at least somewhat associated with the Avengers, and isn't already an ally (I'm sure we will see Daredevil hero, just not 1st cycle).

Edited by Deadwolf

I agree Ghost Rider would fit with a Justice pack.  Moon Knight would too, but I think we have more sign posts for Ghost Rider.  I'd love if they threw us a curve ball and The Punisher was the Justice hero or something like that :)

3 hours ago, Caldias said:

I would love a big box GotG box with them plus Thanos or something.

i think this is very likely.  Really looking forward how FFG will tackel the campain format.

Edited by zwara81

On 11/7/2019 at 4:42 PM, HirumaShigure said:

Sorry guys, but that's not Ghost Rider. That's the villain Dormammu. He's usually associated as a Doctor Strange villain and was in fact the big bad in the MCU Doctor Strange movie at the end. Thor, Star Lord, and Rocket are on the box as well a along with Thanos. All the rest present on the cover are Heroes in the core or have been announced (Cap), Zemo is Cap's nemesis, Hulk and Vision are core allies.

Ghost Rider is actually on the back, alongside Cap and Thor plus the core heroes except Spidey (I think this is the current/recent Avengers roster?) While it's not a guarantee, it does seem likely that he's the last Hero for the cycle. It would also fit with him being Justice and Thor being Aggression (Well, they could flip that, but it seems likely they'll go for the 'Thor is a dumb brute' option...)

32 minutes ago, Abyss said:

Ghost Rider is actually on the back, alongside Cap and Thor plus the core heroes except Spidey (I think this is the current/recent Avengers roster?) While it's not a guarantee, it does seem likely that he's the last Hero for the cycle. It would also fit with him being Justice and Thor being Aggression (Well, they could flip that, but it seems likely they'll go for the 'Thor is a dumb brute' option...)

It does have some logic to it, but they could well throw us a wild card. It will be interesting to see whether the game tries to build on the popularity of characters that will be appearing in current films or whether it will go for some more obscure stuff.

For example, Black Widow will be out next year. She’s already an ally, but could they release a hero pack for her next year to capitalise on that? Task Master Scenario / module? The Eternals will be out later next year - Black Knight will apparently be in it - he’s not as well known as some, but he was an Avenger for a long while. He’d be a fairly left field choice right now, but he might be a household name in a few year...

29 minutes ago, FearLord said:

It does have some logic to it, but they could well throw us a wild card. It will be interesting to see whether the game tries to build on the popularity of characters that will be appearing in current films or whether it will go for some more obscure stuff.

For example, Black Widow will be out next year. She’s already an ally, but could they release a hero pack for her next year to capitalise on that? Task Master Scenario / module? The Eternals will be out later next year - Black Knight will apparently be in it - he’s not as well known as some, but he was an Avenger for a long while. He’d be a fairly left field choice right now, but he might be a household name in a few year...

I totally want a Black Widow hero.

3 hours ago, CaffeineAddict said:

I totally want a Black Widow hero.

I'd look forward to that too. I imagine it will be a while to wait yet though. As she's in the core as an ally, the card pool needs to grow to include more ally options first. You can't include a Black Widow ally in a game when a player is using a Black Widow hero.

On 11/7/2019 at 4:53 AM, Supertoe said:

Moon Knight isn't that out of left field though, the two other lesser known characters are both ones that got shows announced around the same time the game was, so moon knight's probably coming soon,.

Moon Knight seems a bit too random to be part of the early release schedule.

3 minutes ago, Janaka said:

Moon Knight seems a bit too random to be part of the early release schedule.

What I'm saying though is that Ms. Marvel is also very random, and to a much lesser extent She-Hulk. It's not out of the question for a random hero, especially since they all have a common connection (that Disney started pushing them within the last few months).

Edited by Supertoe

1 minute ago, Supertoe said:

What I'm saying though is that Ms. Marvel is also very random, and to a much lesser extent She-Hulk. It's not out of the question for a random hero.

Well, I hope you're right because I'd definitely buy a MK hero pack.

I hope when they do design MK for the game they create a deck which emulates his mental states/inner conflicts. 

13 minutes ago, Janaka said:

Well, I hope you're right because I'd definitely buy a MK hero pack.

I hope when they do design MK for the game they create a deck which emulates his mental states/inner conflicts. 

That would be awesome haha.

The designers have said they didn't base characters around MCU synergy. They chose Ms Marvel out of a genuine joy of her character. She is pretty popular with new fans.

This game would be designed with characters chosen a year ago. Way before the announcements of the shows. Most of these shows don't even have a director picked yet. 

On 11/9/2019 at 4:47 AM, Abyss said:

While it's not a guarantee, it does seem likely that [Ghost Rider is] the last Hero for the cycle. It would also fit with him being Justice and Thor being Aggression (Well, they could flip that, but it seems likely they'll go for the 'Thor is a dumb brute' option...)

I mean, they paired Aggression with She-Hulk and Iron Man in the core set, and I don’t think either of them is particularly “dumb brute”-y. Plus Ghost Rider fits soooo well with Justice... And if Thor were to come with something other than Aggression I’d personally pick Protection, probably.

2 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

I mean, they paired Aggression with She-Hulk and Iron Man in the core set, and I don’t think either of them is particularly “dumb brute”-y. Plus Ghost Rider fits soooo well with Justice... And if Thor were to come with something other than Aggression I’d personally pick Protection, probably.

They’ve already paired leadership (Cap) and Protection (ms marvel), so unless Thor isn’t happening for more than 7 months (assuming one release per month), it’s probably Thor Aggression.