Sign in to follow this  
Hippie Moosen

Wrecking Crew speculation

Well now we have an answer for what happens to a crew members side scheme when their defeated....it’s removed from the game. Though interestingly any one encounter cards they had out, like a minion, remain in play.

Edited by Hyperjayman

1 hour ago, Daft Blazer said:

Played my copy today, twice. Seems a bit easy. Will try expert mode tomorrow.

Seems like it’s easier for solo play than the others, since there’s no worry of the main scheme threading out really. 

2 hours ago, Derrault said:

Seems like it’s easier for solo play than the others, since there’s no worry of the main scheme threading out really. 

I’ve just had a game where Wrecker attacked twice and schemed in the same round solo, so they can still get some combos going!

3 hours ago, Daft Blazer said:

Played my copy today, twice. Seems a bit easy. Will try expert mode tomorrow.

I’m usually only trying scenarios once on standard just to try them. The vast majority of my games are on Expert, as I feel like that pitched the challenge better for experienced card players. Expert is definitely tougher - I played Expert twice and lost the first to a big combo, and only narrowly won the second...

I usually play the other scenarios on standard plus the three expert cards, sometimes villain II and III, and once in a while, full expert. 

Disappointing that standard is a push over, though managing which side scheme to thwart is interesting. I’m hoping that expert mode is better.

Played twice against Wrecking Crew tonight. First game was Leadership Captain America. I was intimidated at first but I think I only ever lost 3 hit points, Shield Throw was a beast. 

Second game was Aggression Black Panther. Between Energy Daggers and Melee I felt like I was cheating. 

It was a lot of fun still, glad to have some new content again. Maybe going to try Expert Mode next. Very much looking forward to Extreme. But still a little squeamish yet, I know there are some nasty surprises in those decks...

53 minutes ago, HirumaShigure said:

Second game was Aggression Black Panther. Between Energy Daggers and Melee I felt like I was cheating. 

Doesn’t Energy Daggers only deal damage to the active villain, as it deals damage to “the villain“?

Well, this was a concern of mine as well. It says the villain and each enemy engaged with you, so despite being enemies, perhaps villains are never engaged with you? Instead of my impression that they are always engaged with you... definitely changes the effectiveness of Energy Daggers. Now I wonder what other cards will have a questionable impact on the game. I know on BoardGameGeek.com there was talk of how the Justice card Followed interacted with a side scheme that gets removed from the game as well... 

1 hour ago, HirumaShigure said:

I guess honor demands that I replay it... and choose Panther Claws, like I do any other time I play Black Panther. :P

I think Energy Daggers is probably the correct Choice vs Ultron to be fair. Usually I choose the Tactical one or the Armour however - as I generally play on Expert Solo I find it’s much more important to be able to deal with an early scheme or heal while in hero form than straight up damage at the start... Claws are generally my last choice in most scenarios, as I rarely care about straight damage in the early game.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:16 PM, Derrault said:

Agree with comments above. Played three times Friday night and Saturday morning, 2x Captain America and 1x Ms Marvel and won fairly easily (on version A). Threat reduction on the main scheme is a minor issue since it all goes onto the side schemes. I just prepared to take the Side Scheme consequences every now and then and focused on pounding the villains. Solo I didn't come near cycling any of the villain decks. Looking forward to playing with the core heroes.

13 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

Played twice against Wrecking Crew tonight. First game was Leadership Captain America. I was intimidated at first but I think I only ever lost 3 hit points, Shield Throw was a beast. 

It was a lot of fun still, glad to have some new content again. Maybe going to try Expert Mode next. Very much looking forward to Extreme. But still a little squeamish yet, I know there are some nasty surprises in those decks...

I tried it with a Leadership Cap, and it felt easy! Shield toss was, indeed, amazing.

I have yet to play the scenario. Been a little wrapped up in an LOTR LCG deck build (or three). Hoping to give it a try with one of my work friends, though. We usually play through a scenario at lunch.

5 hours ago, Daft Blazer said:

Have to say Expert is no more difficult, it just takes longer! Captain Marvel + Leadership. 
I think playing with 2 heroes may be be more of a challenge, I hope so

I think the same, and then i try UltraExpert (4 villans A+B) and i lose 3 times un a row.

2 with Spidey Agression and 1 with Captain Leadership

We beat the B-side Wrecking Crew with 4 players last night. We had a person learning the game on a home brew Capt. America Leadership, someone using the pre-built Ms. Marvel Protection, then Spiderman Aggression and Capt. Marvel Justice. It was the first time any of us had fought the Wrecking Crew, so we overcame a few surprises here and there, like Piledriver annihilating our economy and Bulldozer just berserking through all of the decks.

The 250+ hp was very intimidating, but I don't think anyone was particularly worried we'd lose. We're all AH:LCG veterans and have grown accustomed to rolling with the punches. As far as making it more difficult, I couldn't imagine playing 4 player against both the A and B versions since just the B version took us about 2.5 hours. We  focused Wrecker down first since his mechanics boost the others, but then we went in order of remaining deck size to limit acceleration tokens from deck reshuffles. It left Thunderball for last and he whimpered into the sweet good night, since we removed all threat from every scheme, stunned, confused, then defeated him for ultimate humiliation points..

The game got noticeably easier after we defeated the first bad guy, so I propose we try leaving them all alive and combine their hp into one ginormous hp blob of mayhem. So all four villains sharing one common health pool added up, all alive and kicking or all defeated. That could work, I'm guessing, but it does change the functionality of a some cards. I'll try and suggest it the next time we play if no one tries it here and reports in.

Edited by Iuchi Toshimo

I have found that leaving Thunderball for last always leads to an easier finish. The thing is, it's exceptionally easy to disregard his scheming at this point and, when he gets to cycle his side scheme more than once in the same encounter (given his high scheme value and the potential encounters you draw), I can just shrug it off. He cannot stun you a second time. I'm starting to think it might be a design flaw. It might have benefited from a kind of "if already stunned, ..." amendment. 

ADDED: This makes me think. One-on-one with Dr. Strange is going to be humiliating for Thunderball...

Edited by Ascarel

I was a little disappointed that only the bad guy with the more side scheme will attack and play a encounter.

I think a way to make them harder would be that each of them attack and give encounter card. Or at least than only the one with the most side scheme attack, but all give a encounter.

8 hours ago, Iuchi Toshimo said:

The 250+ hp was very intimidating,

For a split-second I forgot you were playing multi-player and I thought, "whoa, I've been playing this way wrong!" but then I divided that by 4...