Sign in to follow this  
Hippie Moosen

Wrecking Crew speculation

Hi everyone. The newest article on FFG Live's November schedule has a preview slated for something that hasn't been announced officially yet. I'll post the relevant paragraph below.

"On November 12th, join us for your first look at the Wrecking Crew Scenario Pack for Marvel Champions: The Card Game! The Wrecking Crew represents a new type of fight for your heroes, challenging them to fight four villains at once! Do you have what it takes to tangle with the Wrecking Crew? Find out on November 12th!"

That's from the article https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/11/1/ffg-live-in-november/ if anyone wants to check it out. 

Personally I have no knowledge of what the Wrecking Crew is, but the concept of a 4 villain scenario sounds pretty cool depending on how it's implemented. I wanted to see what people thought that might look like. I thought maybe it could be 4 separate villains that take turns dealing with the Players and progressing their scheme, or maybe this is some kind of 4 player only scenario with each player is taking on a single villain, or perhaps all players having to strategically remove one villain at a time while they all work towards a single large scheme.

I'm hoping it's something other than just having one villain card that says it's the Wrecking Crew that just behaves like a normal single big bad scenario, or that you beat one member and the next comes out instead of moving to version 2 of whoever was out first. Those possibilities sound a little underwhelming IMO. 

We'll definitely have more details next Tuesday, but speculation is always fun, so let's put our brains together and try to figure out some possibilities!

Edited by Hippie Moosen

Wrecking Crew un cómics are parthners with Masters of evil, i think WC+MoE are a Hard thing.

They are villans of Thor and the Avengers. Maybe Next héroe is the God of ThunderThunder.

4 Villans together make me crazy

42 minutes ago, Titshel said:

Wrecking Crew un cómics are parthners with Masters of evil, i think WC+MoE are a Hard thing.

They are villans of Thor and the Avengers. Maybe Next héroe is the God of ThunderThunder.

4 Villans together make me crazy

Thor has been announced as the next release after the Wrecking Crew.

Comics wise, the Wrecking Crew are basically a bunch of thugs who got Asgardian level powers due to a magic crowbar (Yes, really). They're pretty much the textbook definition of mooks. 

Anyway, gameplay wise I'm kind of expecting they might just replace Villain 1/Villain 2 with the various members of the Wrecking Crew, so four smaller dudes. It's probably the least ambitious take, but it's still early in the games lifespan so they might not be going too crazy just yet. Then again, GG breaks the mold a bit as well, so maybe they're coming out of the gates full force. In that case, they could be a full four member team.

I'd expect their deck to have a lot of 'If such and such is in play'. This is where them being a full team would shine, as it would let you make more some more strategic decisions about who to go after. 

Yeah they pretty much are mook level despite their strength being enhanced by Asgardian level powers. Their plans tend to be even less sophisticated then Rhino's in that they break out of prison, get their gear, and tend to rob the nearest place that has a large amount of money. Or are used as pawns by a smarter villain.

In Avengers comics, WC has 100% power (maybe 100% HP here) but they are 4 so 100/4 25% power.

When 1 was knockout 100/3 33% power etc.

Maybe in the Game all share the same HP

It makes me wonder if it will be akin to the "Conflict at the Carrock" adventure pack for Lord of the Rings LCG, in that at the end of that quest you fight four trolls at once and they give each other passive bonuses making them tougher than they really are.

The idea being each hero would fight a different member of the wrecking crew, or maybe all four stand in the villain area at the same time. I would wager a lot of the boost cards would have "star" icons that give additional bonuses if certain members of the wrecking crew are still conscious. It would make sense for the crew to be designed primarily for multi player games as one hero would certainly struggle against all four at once. Victory is possible but tough!

I don't have anyone to play the game with currently but I think that would be a fun challenge.

I was wondering if they’d be engaged with each player (so you each get one) and then cards do different things based on which is out. Not sure whether that would work that great though.

Watched the first Team Covenant Stream last night where they went through Standard Risky Business Green Goblin Scenario with Goblin Gimmicks and it certainly looked like it mixes up the format a bit - some different effects from cards that get him flipping back and forth, so I’m excited to see how The Wrecking Crew mix stuff up...

10 hours ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

I think on the Ms Marvel stream Boggs said you'd be fighting all 4 at once. But obviously it remains to be seen how that'll work in practice, or how you'd track HP/dials etc. 

I could see them including additional dials to allow several hp tracks; each time one is defeated, it takes their power out of the queue.

2 hours ago, Derrault said:

I could see them including additional dials to allow several hp tracks; each time one is defeated, it takes their power out of the queue.

Not sure how they'd do that in a standard blister.

37 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Make it a bigger blister, like an X-Wing ship sized one. 

I don't see them doing custom packaging or cardboard prints just to add extra dials for this particular villain, but I guess we'll see.

Perhaps they could have a shared hit point total. You need to reduce it to zero to defeat them all in one go?

Or add damage tokens like the way minions work?

Or maybe there'll be text on their cards with a way to exhaust them one by one?

Though the core set doesn't provide dials for four villains (unless you play solo and use hero dials) I'm glad that FFG haven't let the provided core box components be a restriction on their imaginations in bringing us new ways to play scenarios. From what was shown in the stream, I really like the way the Wrecking Crew scenario works.

I'll use dice to track villain's health.

1 hour ago, Janaka said:

Though the core set doesn't provide dials for four villains (unless you play solo and use hero dials) I'm glad that FFG haven't let the provided core box components be a restriction on their imaginations in bringing us new ways to play scenarios. From what was shown in the stream, I really like the way the Wrecking Crew scenario works.

I'll use dice to track villain's health.

Yeah, I’ll probably just track it on paper, that way I can log turns too. 

Taking a picture cue from the article, I would just use the hero health dials to track health for each member of the wrecking crew. I don't think you really need one for the heroes anyways and can just use damage counters.

I really like how this scenario is looking! The setup of four villains with their own villain decks and the active villain switching is intriguing. Combined with the game's modular villain deck system, I think it is fair to guess that we are getting four villain decks and (at least) four modules that can swap back and forth between the four villains.

My question is where will you put your obligation and the universal villain cards? I can't see each villain deck having shadow of the past in it. I am wondering if they'll have different "difficulty" recommendations for where to put those cards or something along those lines.

Either way this is looking like a solid villain pack. Between that and Green Goblin I think I already like what you get from a villain pack more than what you get from a hero pack but I won't lock that thought in until Captain America is released and we actually see how much overlap there is.