Sign in to follow this  
theBitterFig

Revisiting Ruthless

There's probably got to be some way to make it work...

• Soontir Fel (Ruthless) 54 - the man.  Ruthless isn't as reliable as Crack Shot, but it also helps Soontir save his tokens for defense, and also to do better with sniping from an odd angle
  • Duchess (Ruthless) 43 - backup ace.  How is she still this cheap?
  • Pure Sabaac (Ruthless) 45 - beastly hitter
  • Scimitar Squadron Pilot (-) 29 - Blockers and sacrificial goats
  • Scimitar Squadron Pilot (-) 29
    • Total 200, bid 0.  No-bid is a bit of a risk with Soontir, but PS is such a hard-hitting threat, and Duchess a backup ace, so maybe it'll work out

Plain Scimitars are some of the most cost-effective hitpoint sinks for Ruthless, about 4.8 points per HP.  Rest of the squad is three ships which hopefully can hit pretty hard once the bombers get into the scrum.  High ship count for an "aces" list kind of makes sense, since Ruthless is very much a card which lends itself to an alpha strike.  It can front-load damage at the cost of your own survival, so you'd lose the attrition game unless you can win first.  Three 3-dice attacks seems like a good place to start.

Edited by theBitterFig

I find Ruthless...uninviting. But that is likely because, as a rebel player, I like to minimize damage lol

That being said, and leaving behind my bias, I wonder how consistently one can keep Ruthless sponges close enough? They are usually gonna be less maneuverable and lower I, making me concerned that I wouldn't be able to proc Ruthless enough to make it worth it, especially against a skilled opponent who can range control

1 minute ago, Greebwahn said:

That being said, and leaving behind my bias, I wonder how consistently one can keep Ruthless sponges close enough? They are usually gonna be less maneuverable and lower I, making me concerned that I wouldn't be able to proc Ruthless enough to make it worth it, especially against a skilled opponent who can range control

Feel fairly sure that's going to be a stupidly difficult thing to manage consistently with the Bombers. But it looks a decently formidable list, even without the 3pt spent on Ruthless.

2 or 3 turns during the game, where at least one of the Bombers is on hand to give out a couple of additional hits, might be enough to swing it. 

How long the Bombers can stay around, given they'll be going headlong into R1 and then getting  rinsed by everything else on the table, seems a bigger factor to me.

If you lose 1 on the 1st turn, the other on the next, you'll obviously be wanting a solid board advantage from it by then.

56 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

There's probably got to be some way to make it work...

It's not as bad as a lot of people make out. The fact that the attacker can be in any geometry relative to the target, and the 'victim' just needs to be at range 1 (they don't need to be in the attack arc) makes it easier to deal with than you might think.

• Soontir Fel (Ruthless) 54 - the man.  Ruthless isn't as reliable as Crack Shot, but it also helps Soontir save his tokens for defense, and also to do better with sniping from an odd angle
  • Duchess (Ruthless) 43 - backup ace.  How is she still this cheap?
  • Pure Sabaac (Ruthless) 45 - beastly hitter

A nice selection of aces. The Strikers having 4 hull each means that in a pinch they can use one another for target practice - and I wholeheartedly agree with Duchess. She's amazing - and the fact Ruthless works across the whole frontal arc, even when stressed, makes it great for the segnor's loop-happy TIE/sk.

• Scimitar Squadron Pilot (-) 29 - Blockers and sacrificial goats
  • Scimitar Squadron Pilot (-) 29

Hmmm... This is where my concern pops up.

Plain Scimitars are some of the most cost-effective hitpoint sinks for Ruthless, about 4.8 points per HP. 

Agreed. Wholeheartedly. TIE/sa give you a massive amount of metal for a trivial outlay of points, which is great for Ruthless. The problem is that you need to get them into range 1 and keep them there and I'm not entirely convinced the TIE bomber's somewhat shonky dial is up to the task.

That may just be me projecting my own concerns; I'm not sure I'm good enough to achieve it but others might be.

What works for you is what works for you.

My thoughts on Ruthless:

• You need 'expendable' hit points
  • Because it doesn't require a bullseye shot, it's significantly easier to trigger with a 'worse' pilot than, say, predator.
  • It works with special weapons (if you have any)
  • The fact that it's an any-result-to-hit modification makes it great as well - especially for the TIE variants (/ln, /sk, and interceptor) which don't have target lock, and normally can't do jack with blank red dice.
  • It always feels like a nice weapon for a swarm; because you've got lots of warm bodies to split the damage amongst.

I've used it with a swarm of Black Squadron pilots, and it worked surprisingly well. Not having a 'howlrunner' linchpin let you fly fast and loose, but being able to throw super-modified attacks from everyone was terrifying.

Also; one slight 'cheat' - if you mass-equip Ruthless to a Swarm, you get an extra bonus; if you destroy a ship with damage from ruthless, it's removed at the end of the initiative step. With 6/5/4 Soontir/Duchess/Sabbac, that means immediately. With 7 Initiative 3 TIE fighters, everyone fires before anyone's removed and that's more important than you first realise.

In one game with a MAXIMUM RUTHLESSNESS swarm, the poor sap who blocked Vader ended up taking one for the team six times in a row, ending the initiative step overkilled twice over from the collateral damage alone. And yes, Vader exploded at the same moment.

If I had to recommend a squad to try Ruthlessness with:

• TIE/ln Swarm
    • Valen Rudor
      • Squad Leader
    • Black Squadron Ace x 6
      • Ruthless
    • This is just maximum swarmyness. Rudor is surprisingly flexible; because his ability triggers off anyone nearby being shot at, whoever takes the first attack in a round will spontaneously generate an evade before a second shot comes in.
  • TIE/v1 Swarm
    • Baron Of The Empire x 6
      • Ruthless
    • This is one of the best uses I've found. The only reason to take a Baron instead of paying the laughably cheap  3 point upgrade for an Inquisitor with a force charge is to be able to field a 6th ship - which limits you to 1 point talents, and of those only Ruthless doesn't need hard-to-get bullseye shots.
    • TIE/v1 want to circle enemies close-in (because they have 2-dice primary popguns and need that range 1 bonus), and with speed 1 blue turns and linked boost/roll actions they have the tools to stay there. You're paying more points per hit than TIE bombers, but you actually get more hits total than your squad (24 instead of 23) and half are shields and all of them are behind agility 3 - which is nice because your opponent isn't going to stop shooting you. In fact you have as many hit points as an 8-ship TIE swarm - albeit 6x4 instead of 8x3.
  • Gunboat Swarm
    • Rho Squadron Veteran x 5
      • XG-1 Assault Configuration
      • AND
      • Ruthless
      • Heavy Laser Cannon
      • OR
      • Ion Cannon
    • No, you can't SLAM and fire your Heavy Laser cannon. But that's where the ion cannons come in; any target ionized finds the manoeuvrable ion gunboats closing for range 1 primary shots, and the slower heavy cannon carriers lining up bullseye shots with Ruthless. The ion-to-heavy-laser ratio is one to experiment with; I would estimate 3 ion to 2 laser would be a good starting point to try. The Gunboat and TIE Aggressor also come in only a touch behind the TIE Bomber on the hit-points-to-cost ratio.
  • Mixed Swarm
    • Gamma Squadron Ace x 5
      • Advanced Proton Torpedoes
      • Ruthless
    • Okay....this one is pretty silly. But with Barrel Roll/Link/Lock it might not be as stupid as you think. A more practical way might be to mix and match with Black Squadron TIE/ln - 3 and 3 might work better - and/or swap the advanced torpedoes out for slightly more forgiving cluster missiles.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

One other thought is that Ruthless also pairs well with Admiral "Expendable Assets" Sloane. She gives your opponent a bucket-load of stress if they take an easy kill....meaning you can play mind games with Ruthless.

Go on. It's only got 1 hit left. If you don't kill it, I'll mass-fire ruthless through it. But if you do, you're stressed and I'm getting rerolls instead....

You can easily fit Feroph or Sai with Sloane aboard into a squad and still bring 5 Black Squadron Aces with Ruthless - and if they go for the shuttle, well, you can use it as a big block of expendable hit points....

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Makes me miss the 1.0 days a bit, when the Decimator had a 360 turret and Ruthless was terrifying on it. 

Something like this, maybe? You've got Both Duchess and RAC throwing super-modifed rolls around, with a couple of TIEs serving as fodder as needed. RAC in particular plays up the angle that @Magnus Grendel mentions, with BT-1 there to capitalize on the whole mess. 

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (76)    
    Ruthless (1)    
    Admiral Sloane (9)    
    Darth Vader (14)    
    BT-1 (2)    

Ship total: 102  Half Points: 51  Threshold: 8    

"Duchess" (42)    
    Ruthless (1)    
    Fifth Brother (9)    

Ship total: 52  Half Points: 26  Threshold: 2    

Academy Pilot (23)    
Ship total: 23  Half Points: 12  Threshold: 2    

Academy Pilot (23)    
Ship total: 23  Half Points: 12  Threshold: 2    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v8ZsZ200Z214X128WW14W26WW79WWWY211X128W82WWY229XY229X&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Ruthless 

(53) Soontir Fel [TIE Interceptor]
(1) Ruthless

(76) Rear Admiral Chiraneau [VT-49 Decimator]
(14) Darth Vader
(1) Ruthless
(4) Dauntless

(47) Lieutenant Sai [Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle]
(0) Jamming Beam
(4) ST-321

Total points: 200

4 hours ago, Greebwahn said:

I find Ruthless...uninviting. But that is likely because, as a rebel player, I like to minimize damage lol

Yeah, that might be an issue, as @Cuz05 and @Magnus Grendel have also noted. But how often does it need to happen?  Once is about equal to Crack Shot (without needing Bullseye).  I guess that's the line.  If you can get more out of it than Crack Shot, success!  I imagine a good game would get one use out of Pure Sabaac (I figure he dies before two), and two uses each with Duchess and Soontir.  If you've gotten 5 triggers, that seems like it would have outweighed just Crack Shot.

It's like, is it easier to maneuver Soontir Duchess Pure Sabaac into bullseye, or is it easier to get your goats into range 1?  Soontir probably likes Crack Shot, but I dunno.  Maybe flexibility is worth it.  It'd be cool to put it on the table.

4 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:
  • Gunboat Swarm
    • Rho Squadron Veteran x 5
      • XG-1 Assault Configuration
      • AND
      • Ruthless
      • Heavy Laser Cannon
      • OR
      • Ion Cannon
    • No, you can't SLAM and fire your Heavy Laser cannon. But that's where the ion cannons come in; any target ionized finds the manoeuvrable ion gunboats closing for range 1 primary shots, and the slower heavy cannon carriers lining up bullseye shots with Ruthless. The ion-to-heavy-laser ratio is one to experiment with; I would estimate 3 ion to 2 laser would be a good starting point to try. The Gunboat and TIE Aggressor also come in only a touch behind the TIE Bomber on the hit-points-to-cost ratio.

I always read CG-1 as allowing you to SLAM and Shoot, but you'd only roll 3 dice instead of 4.  Not always easy to line up, but still.

Secondary weapons seem like a useful tool here.  Crack Shot won't work, for example.

Ruthless Rhos with Advanced Proton Torpedoes?  42 points, so 8 to spare if building to 50-ish points.  That could mean FCS and Concussion Missiles (support with Jendon?) or Passive Sensors and Homing Missiles?  The locks will probably go unspent on the Homing Missile attacks, which means APT will be quite scary after closing range.

3 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

One other thought is that Ruthless also pairs well with Admiral "Expendable Assets" Sloane. She gives your opponent a bucket-load of stress if they take an easy kill....meaning you can play mind games with Ruthless.

Go on. It's only got 1 hit left. If you don't kill it, I'll mass-fire ruthless through it. But if you do, you're stressed and I'm getting rerolls instead....

You can easily fit Feroph or Sai with Sloane aboard into a squad and still bring 5 Black Squadron Aces with Ruthless - and if they go for the shuttle, well, you can use it as a big block of expendable hit points....

Maybe.  A shame the Saber and Black Scout are so expensive, because it'd be really nice to pair these with 3 dice attacks.  Mostly with Ruthless and Sloane, I figure having both rerolls and Ruthless is almost overkill.  Having only two reds to modify, seems like one will often go to waste, and maybe Crack Shot was just better.

What about a low-ship-count Sloane?

• Soontir (Ruthless) 54
  • Pure Sabacc (Ruthless) 45
  • Scarif Base Pilot (Sloane) 50
  • Scarif Base Pilot (Death Troopers) 47
  • Wiggle/Bid 4, total 196

Reapers are also OK ships to shoot up with Ruthless, and they're fast and have short S-Loops.  But would it really be better than a Palp Reaper, 2nd Reaper like Sloane or Death Troopers, Crack Shot Duchess, Predator Soontir?

I've tested out ruthless a bit, and the obvious places are still the best. Put it on an ace that has no way to deal with blanks (like Soontir without Targeting Computer), and fly him alongside some beefy expendable stuff.

If you want to be competitive AND play Ruthless, that's about the only way.

But let's forget about being competitive. Let's play something that's way more effective than it should be. Let's play a list that wins--or loses--very, very quickly.

• Duchess + Ruthless
  • Pure Sabacc + Ruthless
  • Countdown + Ruthless
  • Major Vermiel + Darth Vader (Crew) + Ruthless

Flank with Sabacc and Duchess, but not too much. Just enough that the enemy has to turn their back on Vermiel and Countdown to get to your flankers. (If you're not good at this, just fly the squad in a loose cloud with Sabacc and Duchess on the sides). When you use Ruthless, try spreading the damage between Countdown and Vermiel.

Then, if you don't lose a ship before I4, let the fun begin. This list maximizes its red dice. It's safe to assume two three-die attacks (Duchess and Countdown) and two four-die attacks (Sabacc and Vermiel (who is at range 1)).

Expected Damage, assuming that the defender lets Vader strip their token rather than taking the auto-damage:

• 0 Agility: 12.27
  • 1 Agility: 10.77
  • 2 Agility: 9.29
  • 3 Agility: 7.84

With an 80% or higher chance of at least one crit.

If the ship keeps its focus, add +1 damage from vader, and then reduce average damage slightly. Ships with 3 agility and a focus actually come out slightly ahead this way...not that they ever have enough health for it to matter.

This list dies hard to triple-ace lists, as it's unlikely for the stars to align enough to erase the enemy. Against everything else, it tends to erase a ship a round. And it's **** on wheels against any list that moves before it, because now there are four aces.  It eats generic Inquisitors for lunch.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

Yeah, that might be an issue, as @Cuz05 and @Magnus Grendel have also noted. But how often does it need to happen?  Once is about equal to Crack Shot (without needing Bullseye).  I guess that's the line.  If you can get more out of it than Crack Shot, success!  I imagine a good game would get one use out of Pure Sabaac (I figure he dies before two), and two uses each with Duchess and Soontir.  If you've gotten 5 triggers, that seems like it would have outweighed just Crack Shot.

It's like, is it easier to maneuver Soontir Duchess Pure Sabaac into bullseye, or is it easier to get your goats into range 1?  Soontir probably likes Crack Shot, but I dunno.  Maybe flexibility is worth it.  It'd be cool to put it on the table.

Spot on, I think. It's rather nicely balanced on making it stick with the flying. If you can regularly cross that usage line with it, then you've got something quite decent going on. 5 ships, with liberal 3 die attacks and nice dials has tons of flexibility.

11 hours ago, player3503606 said:

Put it on an ace that has no way to deal with blanks (like Soontir without Targeting Computer), and fly him alongside some beefy expendable stuff.

12 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

A shame the Saber and Black Scout are so expensive, because it'd be really nice to pair these with 3 dice attacks.

A combination of the two; yes, Black Squadron Scouts are expensive but you were never getting a sixth ship in a striker squad regardless:

• Duchess
    • Ruthless
  • Black Squadron Scout x 4
    • Ruthless

or

• Duchess
    • Ruthless
    • Fifth Brother
    • Afterburners
    • Payload upgrade of choice
  • Planetary Sentinel x 4

Depends how much you prefer loading points onto a squad's 'ace'.

I dunno. 20 hit points seems like the absolute minimum I'd be prepared to use Ruthless with. It's why - whilst it would fit fine - I'm not convinced it'd be a good choice to mass-equip the Imperial 5s (Duchess/Stele/Howlrunner/Mauler/Scourge) for example, as with 18 hits I think they're just a touch too fragile to throw away hit points.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Have played 2x generic Reapers and 3x Ruthless Black Scout Strikers...
When the Reapers make their blocks, it can be Brutal.
When they don't.... Bad things Rapidly happen to you.

Never tried the 5 Ruthless Striker Combo (with Duchess). Have tried the Crack Shot version and like it.

I think that the Black Scouts are too expensive, sadly (as are the Saber Interceptors), but they are the cheapest regular 3+ Dice attacks (which benefit the most out of Ruthless). Still... might be worth a shot now that our Fully Competitive season is winding down and we might be starting to bring out the Jank.

Looking back at this, I have just realised that you can get Feroph with 4 Named TIE Fighters with Ruthless (not Howlrunner, Not Iden) and another Ruthless Black Squadron with a couple of points to spare...
...or keep them at Black Ruthless TIEs with Iden in tow...
...Or drop Feroph to a base Reaper, have 5 Ruthless Black TIEs and one Academy. More mush to Ruthless off, and an additional blocker.

2 Ruthless Gamma Bombers, 4 Ruthless TIEs and a naked TIE also fits.... as does 2 Ruthless Gammas and a Ruthless Inferno Squadron. A Howlswarm or 7 Ruthless TIES is almost certainly better, though.
6 Ruthless Gamma Bombers, or 5 and Deathfire (who I only just realised performs an attack when Killed.... so there is your I2 blocker/Ruthless Sponge).

14 hours ago, player3503606 said:
  • Duchess + Ruthless
  • Pure Sabacc + Ruthless
  • Countdown + Ruthless
  • Major Vermiel + Darth Vader (Crew) + Ruthless

That looks... Intriguing.

Had an itch to scratch.

Tonight, I borrowed 5 V1s to try 6 Ruthless Barons for two games.
A note that I have flown the TIE v1 maybe 5 times total before tonight.

Game Two was a bit of a non-event. I played against a newer player, so I played less-than-ideal. Also ludicrous dice variance at times - Quickdraw vs 4 Ruthless + 1 R1 shots should at least lose all of the shields + 1 Hull, not just two Shields.... but I suppose it was penance for some of the dice variance in....

Game One:
Vader - Fire Control, Afterburners
Soontir Fel - Targeting, Shield, Predator
Duchess - Targeting, Predator, Fifth Brother

Loose asteroids in the middle, I set up in a 3x2 on my board edge, with zero intention of remaining in a box.

Immediately spread them out (a mixture of 3-5 speed moves with various boosts and barrel rolls).

My opponent committed into the asteroid field and managed to snipe the shields off one unfocused/obstructed Baron at R3 with Duchess and Soontir...
But the next turn was Space Jam. Only Vader managed to gain actions, and wiped the damage ship immediately (missed the block). Unfortunately had to split fire between Soontir and Duchess, and managed to only deal one hull damage each... but I could not have done it without Ruthless.

Here, the v1 Dial worked both For and Against me:
Those Blue Hard 1s are pretty good... but the lack of Blue 2 Speed Curves/Hards made it impossible for all of my ships to get actions/be where I wanted them. It was hard using the Blue 1 Hard/Softs to where I wanted to be when there was significant Space Jam, and hard to disengage whilst still having actions.

Did manage to whittle down Duchess by repeated blocking and Ruthless to push damage.

Also got Supremely Lucky when Vader AND Soontir failed to generate Range One kill shots on two separate half pointed Barons (Soontir was a 50-50 prospect, but Vader had Lock Focus and managed zero damage due to poor attack rolls/re-rolls).... leading Soontir to be Ruthlessed to Death, and Vader had no real chance to make it up against 5 (admittedly partially damaged) Barons when facing in a poor direction.
I should have lost at least one Baron in that exchange and that would have undoubtedly saved Soontir.
I got Lucky.

THOUGHTS

The V1 is exceptionally good at choking corridors, but not brilliant at clearing them if you Boost/Roll to Focus the turn prior. Requires training in how to best use the dial, because it can feel like/actually be a bit of a trap at times.

Ruthless was pretty funny, as expected. Being able to cycle damage around more than one Ruthless option definitely helps a lot. Works a Whole Lot Better when you are also getting an Range One attack (statistically, these guys attack better than Range One SFs/RZ2s with Advanced Optics... for the cost of damage on your own). Unfortunately, basic 2 Dice attacks make this only good instead of Good.... but Very Consistent 2+ hits is useful. Knowing when to Ruthless is also good.... turning a Double Blank into One Hit is meh vs 2+ Dice Defense.

Needs better piloting, and a better entry: I had the fighters strung out a little too much, a little too spread, so I wasn't able to focus on a target in the initial engage, nor was I able to get many ships in to R1... otherwise I suspect that I would have been able to clear house.

The 3x2 setup was only because I didn't have much idea to begin with and I know I have good repositioning options later. It could have just as easily been a line across the middle of my board edge.
I am sure that someone more familiar with such dials would be able to get more out of them.

The Barons themselves are... OK. At best, maybe worth their 32 points (plus 1 for Ruthless) and no more. Good blockers, and those shields/additional hull over the generic TIE definitely makes a difference. The Blues are both a positive and a negative. Linked Focus after repositioning is Good.
Might be beneficial to sub one out for an Inquisitor just for that additional modification for one ship.

I suspect it loses hard to those who are able to Range Control and/or not get suckered into the Asteroids. It does not really like Range Three, as it never will do any damage. Range Two is also not good if you do not have a meatbag at Range One. Uncertain how it would go against something that wants to actually joust. I suspect Badly.

We also noted before games tonight that you can get a Sense Inquisitor with 5 Ruthless Black Ace TIEs and an Academy... and that doesn't sound completely pants-on-head silly. Sense could be doing a lot of work on that second turn of engagement.
You can get 2 Barons, Two Black Ace TIEs and Two Black Scout Strikers all with Ruthless as well. More unwieldy to use, a bit more fragile but with a touch more Bite from the Strikers.
2 Ruthless Barons, 4 Black Ruthless TIEs and an Academy fits, as does 3 Barons, 2 Blacks and and Academy.

Bears further consideration for a Fun Night and maybe even Store Champs/Equivalent level for surprise factor.

TIE/ln Fighter - •Valen Rudor - 29
    •Valen Rudor - Braggadocious Baron (28)
        Ruthless (1)

TIE/ln Fighter - Black Squadron Ace - 27
    Black Squadron Ace - (26)
        Ruthless (1)

Ruthless (1)

Ruthless (1)

Ruthless (1)

Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle - •Lieutenant Sai - 60
    •Lieutenant Sai - Death Squadron Veteran (47)
        •Admiral Sloane (9)
        •ST-321 (4)

Total: 197/200

I was pondering Ruthless, and came up with this. The five TIEs bumble about, and Sloane dares your opponent to kill someone. I had been considering Minister Tua on the shuttle, but reasoned that the title was a better shout given Sai's ability.

You don't need to spam ruthless to make it viable. Just put it on a ship that doesnt normally get easy double mods. I used Echo + Ruthless w/ 3 Reapers. Echo was a consistent three 3 hit ship.

If you are going to spam them, I would make them all the same initiative, so if one ship dies or is on 1 hull and about to die, all your ships can ruthless it's dead corpse before being removed from the board.

Rho Squadron Pilot (35)
Ruthless (1)
Adv. Proton Torpedoes (6)
Advanced SLAM (3)
Xg-1 Assault Configuration (0)
Ion Cannon (5)

Rho Squadron Pilot (35)
Ruthless (1)
Advanced SLAM (3)
Ion Cannon (5)

Rho Squadron Pilot (35)
Ruthless (1)
Advanced SLAM (3)
Ion Cannon (5)

Inquisitor (35)
Sense (5)
Fire-Control System (2)
Proton Rockets (7)
Total: 199

Those are some highly accurate ion cannons! And when something gets ion'd, its an adv torp or a procket! Sense on inquisitor for some dastardly SLAM blocks!

My current ruthless attempt: ideally for shuttle but I’d do it to Rex for a kill. If I use it one time for the torp ....👌 

Precision Execution

(81) Rexler Brath [TIE/D Defender]
(0) Jamming Beam
(2) Fire-Control System
(7) Juke

(47) Lieutenant Sai [Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle]
(0) Jamming Beam
(4) ST-321

(41) Major Vynder [Alpha-class Star Wing]
(5) Ion Cannon
(0) Xg-1 Assault Configuration
(3) Advanced SLAM
(2) Fire-Control System
(1) Ruthless
(6) Adv. Proton Torpedoes

Total points: 199

Have had some fun with this list. Mixed sucess but I think that if Black Squad Scouts would come down in points it could open up some other toys like bombs.

Still, can't believe Oicunn wasn't mentioned here. He was made to be a target of Ruthless. Large ship base means more targets will be in that range 1 bubble. He wants to fly to get blocks anyway, and he can still fire when he gets them. He also reduces agility with Intimidation, for up to 4 shots on target.

The list is all matching Initiative as well which means good things for freedom of activation order and Ruthless-piling shenanigans if someone is 'dead already' as mentioned earlier.

VT-49 Decimator - •Captain Oicunn - 83
    •Captain Oicunn - Inspired Tactician (74)
        Intimidation (3)
        Hull Upgrade (2)
        •Dauntless (4)

TIE/sk Striker - Black Squadron Scout - 39
    Black Squadron Scout - (38)
        Ruthless (1)

Ruthless (1)

Ruthless (1)