Sign in to follow this  
ScottGilbert25

Klaw set-up

Just now, CaffeineAddict said:

I need to double check the rules, but in other FFG games, being discarded and then put into play doesn't trigger surge, as it's not being "revealed" from the deck (Arkham, LOTR). I had been playing assuming it worked the same way.

Yeah double checked and it appears so:

Surge — After an encounter card with this keyword is revealed, the player resolving the card reveals an additional encounter card. Complete the process of resolving the original card before revealing the additional card.

5 hours ago, Derrault said:

Yeah double checked and it appears so:

Surge — After an encounter card with this keyword is revealed, the player resolving the card reveals an additional encounter card. Complete the process of resolving the original card before revealing the additional card.

I went through the Masters of Mayhem to try and figure out which minion OP is referring to, but I'm not sure at the moment. None of the minions themselves have straight Surge as far as I can remember. 

"When reveled" refers to when a card is revealed during the encounter step, not literally any time the card is drawn. If you could tell us exactly which one is being referred to, it would help. Not all but almost all instances of surge in the game so far happen when you can't fulfill the 1st part of a card.  

Edited by SolidusPrime

16 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

I went through the Masters of Mayhem to try and figure out which minion OP is referring to, but I'm not sure at the moment. None of the minions themselves have straight Surge as far as I can remember. 

"When reveled" refers to when a card is revealed during the encounter step, not literally any time the card is drawn. If you could tell us exactly which one is being referred to, it would help. Not all but almost all instances of surge in the game so far happen when you can't fulfill the 1st part of a card.  

It’s the Weapon Runner from Klaw’s deck, not one of the Masters of Evil.

4 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

The entry for surge doesn’t make the distinction you are; where are you getting an exception on the card text when revealing during setup?

The only exception I see is under Boost.

“Only the ability text beneath the divider line is active on a card that is resolving as a boost card.”

1 hour ago, Derrault said:

The entry for surge doesn’t make the distinction you are; where are you getting an exception on the card text when revealing during setup?

The only exception I see is under Boost.

“Only the ability text beneath the divider line is active on a card that is resolving as a boost card.”

Because it isn’t ‘revealed’ during set up, it’s discarded and then put into play. Surge says “When an Encounter card with this keyword is revealed...”

26 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Because it isn’t ‘revealed’ during set up, it’s discarded and then put into play. Surge says “When an Encounter card with this keyword is revealed...”

Hmm, that would be preferable.