thinkbomb

theory question - how much is a Threat token worth?

this is me looking at game balance and whatnot (both for balance patches and new content) - but what's the exchange rate of a Threat Token to 1XP for the Overlord?

There's a lot of variables in this and I'm having a little bit of a hard time wrapping my head around it.  Any help/insights would be appreciated.

I haven't really played much D2e lately (quite a while in fact), but I think part of this analysis has to consider the fact that threat tokens spent by the Overlord can/will result in Fortune for the heroes.  I always thought what I as the overlord got out of threat was severely diminished by what the heroes received from Fortune.

Or in other words, I think the Overlord receives less value from spending threat (overall and in the long run) than what heroes receive from resulting Fortune.

That is why I actually believe that 1 XP for an Overlord has greater value than the threat, as the heroes get nothing from me spending the 1 XP.

This is not to say that threat can't be of value, but just that you have to consider it in the overall picture ...

Just my 2 cents ...

1 hour ago, any2cards said:

I haven't really played much D2e lately (quite a while in fact), but I think part of this analysis has to consider the fact that threat tokens spent by the Overlord can/will result in Fortune for the heroes.  I always thought what I as the overlord got out of threat was severely diminished by what the heroes received from Fortune.

Or in other words, I think the Overlord receives less value from spending threat (overall and in the long run) than what heroes receive from resulting Fortune.

That is why I actually believe that 1 XP for an Overlord has greater value than the threat, as the heroes get nothing from me spending the 1 XP.

This is not to say that threat can't be of value, but just that you have to consider it in the overall picture ...

Just my 2 cents ...

thanks.  that actually does put a good starting point for this to look at (comparing min benefit to what heroes get).