Dardura

Token cases

8 minutes ago, costi said:

You mean order tokens?

35mm coin cases are the perfect size.

Yeah, I already have those located, but I meant the other ones, the rest of tokens that ain't seem to have a suitable case

Edited by Dardura

21 minutes ago, Dardura said:

Yeah, I already have those located, but I meant the other ones, the rest of tokens that ain't seem to have a suitable case

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but I store all my legion tokens in a little plano case. It usually takes two cases to store an entire faction, each of these packages comes with four cases. (so one order should have enough for  2 factions).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CKIG4AA/

5 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but I store all my legion tokens in a little plano case. It usually takes two cases to store an entire faction, each of these packages comes with four cases. (so one order should have enough for  2 factions).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CKIG4AA/

Not really. I'm looking for something like coin cases for order tokens, but for the rest of tokens

1 minute ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I've seen the ones for order tokens, but I've never seen anything for the others. At that point you may as well just get some fancy 3rd party acrylic tokens.

It's an option I have considered, but don't really want to spend that much for that little: what I've seen it's about 25€ for the amount of tokens that you get with a core...

4 minutes ago, Dardura said:

It's an option I have considered, but don't really want to spend that much for that little: what I've seen it's about 25€ for the amount of tokens that you get with a core...

They ain't cheap, that's for sure.

Of course, if you're looking for an economy way to cover your tokens, you could set them in clear resin. lol It's permanent but a jug is about half the cost of acrylic tokens and will almost certainly cover all your stuff. 

They'd look pretty baller too! 

8 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

If you keep buying expansions I wouldn't worry about it. I'm already at the point where dumping the token sheet in the recycle bin might be prudent.

Also toke that into consideration, but feels weird to not protect them... 

14 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

If you keep buying expansions I wouldn't worry about it. I'm already at the point where dumping the token sheet in the recycle bin might be prudent.

4 minutes ago, Dardura said:

Also toke that into consideration, but feels weird to not protect them... 

Yeah he's got a good point. I still have 5 or 6 packs of un punched boards I saved for the CW release... that I ended up not needing 'cause I snagged 3 cores. lol

You'll fill up on tokens quick. 

Closest might be the 18mm dime cases used by collectors.  Only issue is that those cases usually have a foam insert as no one really makes a case specifically sized for the dime.  Most coin collectors use standard 30mm protectors with appropriate sized inserts for each coin.

1 hour ago, KalEl814 said:

If you’re worried about the cardboard tokens getting abused, you could always spray them with a clear lacquer to give them extra protection.

Mmmm that would be a nice idea...

1 hour ago, FSD said:

Closest might be the 18mm dime cases used by collectors.  Only issue is that those cases usually have a foam insert as no one really makes a case specifically sized for the dime.  Most coin collectors use standard 30mm protectors with appropriate sized inserts for each coin.

Any link? Been a while on amazon and didn't find anything...

16 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I've seen the ones for order tokens, but I've never seen anything for the others. At that point you may as well just get some fancy 3rd party acrylic tokens.

That's exactly what I did. Art of War has the best cost-effective acrylic tokens, IMHO:

https://art-of-war-studios-ltd.myshopify.com/collections/star-wars-legion-compatible-tokens/products/star-wars-legion-compatible-core-set

They even sell expansion-themed token sets, like this one for Leia: https://art-of-war-studios-ltd.myshopify.com/collections/star-wars-legion-compatible-tokens/products/star-wars-legion-compatible-leia-organa-booster-set

I recommend just spraying them with a varnish.  They'll hold up pretty well.  Also, I like to put mine on little card stands to make them easier to pick up and is easier on the tokens.  Takes more room on the table though.

You can buy 100 coin capsules for $13.64 on Amazon. It came in via slow boat and took 4 weeks to arrive. But they're worth it. The order tokens fit perfectly. With taxes, i ended up selling them for $0.15 per capsule to my friends at the FLGS. 15 capsules per army should work.

https://www.amazon.com/Flameer-Plastic-Collect-Capsules-Protector/dp/B07CWJNJN1/

I've been using half-dollar capsules from Hobby Lobby for the order tokens and they fit perfect (remove the lining first). I didn't even think about some of the other tokens till this post appeared. I just bought some nickel coin capsules also from HL that work great for the shield tokens (with liners) and super-tight fit for other tokens like Sabine's graffiti and thermal charges and the other charges/objective tokens (although I had to pop them in and may have great difficulty getting them out, but they are well protected). They are too big for some of the other tokens like aim, dodge, etc. but are good for the more rare tokens such as poison, immobilize, ion (without liners) as well as the wheel mode tokens for the Droidekas. Hope this helps!