Sign in to follow this  
Plessiez

Rebel squadrons for RitR

It sure is hard to fit in a good squad group in the 200pt starting fleet size for RtR while also respecting the “max 2 uniques” rule. Obviously there’s Tycho+Shara. 

Whatever it is probably needs to be able to beat Marek+Jendon or Cienna+Valen preferably without costing a lot more than them!

I’d been thinking Rogue, YT2400, X-wing, Gold Squadron as a good cheap all rounder that doesn’t need a lot of commands. Though I don’t know how well it does vs the above criteria.

Are you looking to make a squadron focused list?

If so you are going to probably going to want Wedge and Biggs with Yavaris to out dak MJ or CV. BUt you will have to go hunt down Yavaris as a reward.

Dutch and Wedge would also be good, use Dutch to force tap Maarek, meaning Jendon will only give him 1 attack, and use Wedge to follow up the Dutch tap. Also if you can guarantee 1st player, MJ will only ever get to attack once with this setup.

Edited by grunnax93

1 hour ago, grunnax93 said:

Are you looking to make a squadron focused list?

If so you are going to probably going to want Wedge and Biggs with Yavaris to out dak MJ or CV. BUt you will have to go hunt down Yavaris as a reward.

Dutch and Wedge would also be good, use Dutch to force tap Maarek, meaning Jendon will only give him 1 attack, and use Wedge to follow up the Dutch tap. Also if you can guarantee 1st player, MJ will only ever get to attack once with this setup.

I think he’s looking for a screen that can kill other small wings.

A few A-wings with flak support and Toryn are probably the cheapest reliable way to do that.  YT-1300s and Jan can also be cost-effective if your fleet won’t leave them behind.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

5 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I think he’s looking for a screen that can kill other small wings.

A few A-wings with flak support and Toryn are probably the cheapest reliable way to do that.  YT-1300s and Jan can also be cost-effective if your fleet won’t leave them behind.

That's fair, at least the good part about running DW, is that not only do they hard counter MJ, if he is fighting a list that does not have concerning squads to fight, they are both Black Bombers and are multi-role in anti-squad or anti ship. Just an idea.