Sign in to follow this  
Glimnir

Disengaging

Another option would be to take the advice from some of the other disengagement threads and make disengaging in that situation a skill check. Allow the PCs to disengage normally when they choose to move back into the room (as there is room to maneuver there) but require a skill check to disengage past the guard through the door. You could allow the PCs to choose an appropriate skill (say Guile to feint past or Athletics to push past) and judge the difficulty based on the NPC (the one you mentioned would probably be more susceptible to the use of Guile) or just make it a normal opposed check using the NPC stats. You might also want to browse the other couple disengage discussion threads for even more good ideas.

SOrry to high jack this thread, but since it's 2 weeks since anyone used it, here goes..

What is 'RAW'?

EDIT: oops, found it. Rules as Written. Too bad I can''t find a 'delete this post' button :(

Rorschach Six said:

One thing I didn't see mentioned is you can't Parry with a ranged weapon and you can't hold a shield so you're down to only Block when your target(s) re-engage and attack.

I think you meant 'dodge', not 'block'.  Although I think you could still technically parry with a bow, crossbow, rifle, or even a pistol, using them as improvised weapons, just like you could with, say, a coat rack.  I don't have the parry card in front of me though, so correct me if there is a stricter limitation to the type of weapon used to parry.