Dalli

BoFrost - About the evolution of double Firespray

23 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

I definitely found myself leaning much more on hard turns than banks with Slave 1. Maul crew/Han Gunner do work against it somewhat though, as the blue banks are generally less impactful choices.

Non-issue. Because if you have Han gunner, you do not have Slave 1, you have Marauder.

It was actually kind of a throwaway note, rather than anything worth making a point on.

The main point is that Slave 1 teams well with hard turns and Proxies. Any build that can make use of all its things, all the time is obviously good. Any build where one thing shuts off another means less options.

The upshot being that Prox and Slave 1 is good stuff. Maul/Han and Marauder is the other good stuff. They aren't mutually exclusive but do lean in different ways, so for efficiency and maxing your turn by turn options, you might want to go all in on one or the other :)

In the last weeks I played a few games. BoFrost is still fantastic - I won it all and have also a lot of fun. Also my opponents had fun and its the best achivement both players can get.

A well known player from Germany - Timo Raabe - played BoFrost at the nationals in the Netherlands and reach also Top 16 Cut. So it is approved the best Firespray List you can get.

I also have a few reports for you. Unfortunately, they are still in the development phase of the list, so the upgrades are not yet consistent with the list presented.

A tactical thriller against Fenn & Guri:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOPxJjI1mKc

A nailbaiting endgame agianst RAC & 3 Inquis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcsQ740dizI

A proof of strength against Tavson, Kylo & Scorch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOY6L6UHD5M&list=PLk_Cs5NeGKQsJBake_CiFk0HnYjt2qopq&index=7

One of the decision-making match for proton bombs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQYCsPwi8E&list=PLk_Cs5NeGKQsJBake_CiFk0HnYjt2qopq&index=8

33 minutes ago, Dalli said:

Also my opponents had fun and its the best achivement both players can get.

I can't agree with this statement more

Also, I gave the final version of the list another go and it performed admirably, a real solid list.

After the new point update BoFrost remains playable in hyperspace.

But the crack shots fall out. So you have to give 4 points in total.

Because also the Slave1 title and cybernetics has become cheaper, I would take this with me. This leaves one point bid. Of course you could do without cybernetics and take three points bid. In hyperspace this is also a good choice at the moment, because many I6 pilots fall out. I like the cybernetics a little more because it makes Boba even more flexible.

My friend Timo rocks the Milton Keys SOS with it and perfomed very good. You could see it today.

Boba Fett (85)
Maul (12)
Proton Bombs (5)
Contraband Cybernetics (2)
Hull Upgrade (5)
Slave I (1)

Koshka Frost (70)
0-0-0 (5)
Proton Bombs (5)
Rigged Cargo Chute (4)
Hull Upgrade (5)
Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Edited by Dalli

3 hours ago, Dalli said:

After the new point update BoFrost remains playable in hyperspace.

But the crack shots fall out. So you have to give 4 points in total.

Because also the Slave1 title and cybernetics has become cheaper, I would take this with me. This leaves one point bid. Of course you could do without cybernetics and take three points bid. In hyperspace this is also a good choice at the moment, because many I6 pilots fall out. I like the cybernetics a little more because it makes Boba even more flexible.

My friend Timo rocks the Milton Keys SOS with it and perfomed very good. You could see it today.

Boba Fett (85)
Maul (12)
Proton Bombs (5)
Contraband Cybernetics (2)
Hull Upgrade (5)
Slave I (1)

Koshka Frost (70)
0-0-0 (5)
Proton Bombs (5)
Rigged Cargo Chute (4)
Hull Upgrade (5)
Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

27 minutes ago, KCDodger said:

Wow.

This is...

This is incredible. I have to try this.

I think was is in the Final

I love double sprays, taking my own with me. I'd normally be pleased to see this do as well as it did, but current HS is pretty vulnerable to it, I think :D

To take nothing away from Timo, to do as well he's done with anything requires extraordinary play. HS is incredibly swingy and difficult to be consistent in. But hopefully, this success doesn't see them become so popular that I have to hipster on something else instead....

We were pretty much there already this wknd, lol.

2 Sprays are just the best tools for this job imo, (still in various combos :P). Not oppressive, just very, very good. But one of my mates was sick of the sight of them 😂

Congrats to Timo and top work on the architecture Dalli 👍

I dunno what is Hyperspace legal because I don't like that garbage format, but I do like this list. I like it more if you drop both proton bombs for fearless and seismic on Boba and trick shot on Frost.

Also BoFrost is a terrible name for the list and it's definitely Frosted Fett instead.

😆

3 hours ago, Hoffburger said:

I dunno what is Hyperspace legal because I don't like that garbage format, but I do like this list. I like it more if you drop both proton bombs for fearless and seismic on Boba and trick shot on Frost.

Also BoFrost is a terrible name for the list and it's definitely Frosted Fett instead.

😆

Drop both proton bombs is a great mistake. Directly after the fact that trick shot is not Hyperspace legal. And on top of this is the rarly situation that your spray is in front of an fighter that is in front of yours. Your decisions don't seem very well thought out. 

The name BoFrost is a joke. Because there is a company in Germany that delivers frozen food and has the same name. 

1 hour ago, Dalli said:

Drop both proton bombs is a great mistake. Directly after the fact that trick shot is not Hyperspace legal. And on top of this is the rarly situation that your spray is in front of an fighter that is in front of yours. Your decisions don't seem very well thought out. 

The name BoFrost is a joke. Because there is a company in Germany that delivers frozen food and has the same name. 

Fearless triggers all the time for Boba. Seismics threaten a much larger area than protons and trick shot is very very good in combo with the debris cloud (so is the seismic). I already said I don't care about hyperspace, which is why I like the trick shot on Frost. No need to get all defensive either, chill out.

I've found Fearless is a bit of a luxury on Boba, depends how you fly him though. I'd keep the Protons, swarms and shieldless ships aren't as scared of Seismics. In my opinion Maul, Hull, Slave 1 and protons are the core and I don't think i'd trim below that on him unless i'm running him with just the title, which is viable but a different thing altogether. I'd have gone for Trick Shot maybe if it was still 1 but I don't like it at 4.

5 minutes ago, tampermagnitude said:

I've found Fearless is a bit of a luxury on Boba, depends how you fly him though. I'd keep the Protons, swarms and shieldless ships aren't as scared of Seismics. In my opinion Maul, Hull, Slave 1 and protons are the core and I don't think i'd trim below that on him unless i'm running him with just the title, which is viable but a different thing altogether. I'd have gone for Trick Shot maybe if it was still 1 but I don't like it at 4.

For hyperspace only I could see the argument for keeping protons, but I would downgrade the protons on Frost to seismics and keep Fearless on Boba. 

29 minutes ago, Hoffburger said:

For hyperspace only I could see the argument for keeping protons, but I would downgrade the protons on Frost to seismics and keep Fearless on Boba. 

Protons, when flown well, are amazing. Timo (UK SOS Champ) did this cluctch move where he drops Protons from both ships close together in the same round AND then has Frost drop her Rigged Cargo. He caught a few people really badly with that. Was a thing of beauty to watch happen.

@Dalli in potsdamm you wrecked my swarm with the protons from BoFrost. The list is a tough nut to crack. Pass on the congratulations to Timo for his tremendous win and great flying of your fabulous creation through its constant evolution through points and hyperspace adjustments. Looking forward to seeing you and or Timo at the SOS Hanover. Asmodeon. 

12 hours ago, InterceptorMad said:

Protons, when flown well, are amazing. Timo (UK SOS Champ) did this cluctch move where he drops Protons from both ships close together in the same round AND then has Frost drop her Rigged Cargo. He caught a few people really badly with that. Was a thing of beauty to watch happen.

Exactly. Such an Chutebomb is often the gamechanger. Because it is a good tactic agains aces. The experience shows that is much better than a seismic - wich its also a good choice - because a crit is much better than a hit. And you dont come in situations you hit yourself with the seismic. Fearless and trick shot are upgrades who are to expensive and the trigger is too rare. So the best way is to use cracks or nothing. And trust me, I tested it and more importend I counted it. ;)

Fun fact: at the same weekend Timo wins the SOS another german player (and Podcaster) "Scumdan" wins a Store (32). With my own tournaments wins an cuts I can see a small connection to having made the right decisions in list building. 🤗

26 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

No debris gambit on Boba tho? 

Well no, there are numerous reasons not to.

• First off, for 4 points, what do you even drop to fit it? Too expensive for it for most ships, only if you plan to do coordinate shenanigans you can start looking into it for some combos.
  • You will rarely evade over a focus with Boba (purely focusing on defense even, not counting what you gain with double mods if you focus when in r1). Once you are in range of 1 enemy for a reroll. 2 green dice with a reroll + focus rougly equal but slightly better than 2 green and an evade (1.631 vs 1.609). So outside of being caught range 2 and only 1 ship shooting at you and you are not shooting back (only time you take evade), all other cases you will either boost into r1, reinforce if multiple shots or just focus
  • You are a 2 ship list, dont think you have the luxury to play defensively, you need your hits to count. Focus for Boba with his rerolls synergises great
  • It is not Hyperspace legal and @Dalli stated the list is updated for Hyperspace, so all of the above is moot in anycase.

I also tried this pilots and I agree with @Dalli's findings with talent choices. Fearless is not bad on Boba, but it is 3x times as expensive as Crack, Boba with his double mods on attack gets full hits alot already so then it does not help, crack does and if you get more than 3 uses out of Fearless in a game, then that is the exception, especially as Boba have a rear arc so use it. So in Extended, in the BoFrost list and how you fly with it, Crack gives more value for points.

P.S. There is something that can be said for Boba with Fearless/Slave/Maul, as you can go for bumps on purpose to really slow roll and take 1 of the enemy out of the fight for a turn and put your attention on the ones left, but different type of fly style for Boba and this synergy is better with other wingman than Koshka (ie saw it on a lot oFenn/Boba this weekend, seeing you have points to play, this makes more sense, as not as if you drop anything for it and Fenn is better in chasing game while Boba does the knife fighting in that list)

Edited by PsychoCC

13 hours ago, InterceptorMad said:

They have to be chasing in right? (Though I can see where even you don't want to be there, you might be there just cuz of how stuff goes)

23 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

No debris gambit on Boba tho? 

He doesn't need it. Played Timo with BoFrost twice the week before the SOS. Boba is, as strange as it sounds, an arcdoger and the times he gets caught a focus and Mauls force is enough to weather most or all of the incoming fire.