Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Kylo Ren Says ...

CHILL

ketr17kyyeu31.png

All the less than friendly banter on the other threads need to chill 😎

Legion has been the friendliest and most welcoming of the mini boards.  Let’s keep it that way.  We don’t want to scare off the new bantha poodoo we will crush before us  prospective gamers.

To be fair, if you leave the forums and go to the events, the xwing community is pretty awesome.

It’s just the forums that are the source of all villainy.

But I agree - folks need to chill. We can have different opinions about Ep9 / TLJ / KK / politics / the weather / whatever else and still be able to get along. It’s a gaming forum for a game. A game I hope we all enjoy (if not why are you here?)

7 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

CHILL

ketr17kyyeu31.png

Legion has been the friendliest and most welcoming of the mini boards.  Let’s keep it that way.  We don’t want to scare off the new bantha poodoo we will crush before us  prospective gamers.

Yeah, as soon as people start naming politicians, it's time to abandon thread. Locked as predicted. Shame too cause there was a some cool stuff in there. 

Star Wars Fans, ammirite?

In Legion News, I painted some ROGERS

OFPzDFt.jpg

ZfRgReU.jpg

2MQEKzO.jpg

3kKqZ0r.jpg

[When you see it feel free to make loose wire jokes]

21 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Yeah, as soon as people start naming politicians, it's time to abandon thread. Locked as predicted. Shame too cause there was a some cool stuff in there. 

One person started that, who has a history of bringing the real world into the sandbox.

21 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

In Legion News, I painted some ROGERS

[When you see it feel free to make loose wire jokes]

This is why I might get suckered into a prequel army. It just looks so therapeutic to sit around speed-painting droids.

4 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

This is why I might get suckered into a prequel army. It just looks so therapeutic to sit around speed-painting droids

It really really is. Straight up, wraith bone contrast primer and skeleton horde contrast are perfect for droids. Now I just need to do the contrast black on the guns and base them and varnish then 3/4 of my army is done. 

Edited by Darth Sanguis

7 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

It really really is. Straight up, wraith bone contrast primer and skeleton horde contrast are perfect for droids. Now I just need to do the contrast black on the guns and base them and varnish then 3/4 of my army is done. 

As a republic player, I’m suddenly super jealous. No speed painting over here. 

The less than friendly banter is why I just ignore 99% of sequel trilogy threads these days, though I've probably contributed to that banter many times in the past.  I hate the films, and think they're hot garbage to the point of ruining the franchise.  Others have a completely different viewpoint, and that's fine, but its difficult to have a discussion on the interwebs with such opposing viewpoints without it turning into a full blown argument with insults flying left and right and politics being brought up.  Best to just let sleeping dogs lie, and not engage in the discussion.

Besides, I have clones and terrain to paint right now, so why waste time on Sparky's return when I already read that story in the 90s? 

Just now, ScummyRebel said:

As a republic player, I’m suddenly super jealous. No speed painting over here. 

I did some test work on a set of extra stormies, I think I may be able to cut a significant amount of time off my republic troopers using a similar method. 

Grey Seer contrast primer, (and/or further testing needed) Vallejo white, Apothecary White contrast, then touch up the under armor and guns with black contrast. 

5 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I did some test work on a set of extra stormies, I think I may be able to cut a significant amount of time off my republic troopers using a similar method. 

Grey Seer contrast primer, (and/or further testing needed) Vallejo white, Apothecary White contrast, then touch up the under armor and guns with black contrast. 

I do have my some grey seer lying around from WHU. My concern was all the flat surfaces on the armor makes it trickier for the contrast paint to do its magic.

9 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I do have my some grey seer lying around from WHU. My concern was all the flat surfaces on the armor makes it trickier for the contrast paint to do its magic.

The test run I did I tried 3 or 4 different methods. 

First was contrast white on the grey seer primer... results were not great, super grey. 

Next I tried grey seer primer , airbrushed white, very fine coat, with contrast white over top. It was better but not perfect.

The one that had the most success was Grey Seer primer, airbrushed white, with contrast white over edges and raised areas... It left the flat panels super white but still defined the edges and recesses. I think I'm going for that again. 

Edited by Darth Sanguis

My Stormtroopers are just white primer, went through and quickly painted the cloth under black, a Nuon Oil wash, and then some white highlights that also fixed all the places I messed up painting the black.  Pretty easy to speed paint and go back with some colors to mark them later.

1 hour ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I wouldn’t use Contra$t Paint$. 

New Foundation Paints use more pigment, less medium? Charge more. New Contrast Paints use less pigment, more medium? Charge more. 

Just now, LunarSol said:

My Stormtroopers are just white primer, went through and quickly painted the cloth under black, a Nuon Oil wash, and then some white highlights that also fixed all the places I messed up painting the black.  Pretty easy to speed paint and go back with some colors to mark them later.

My original stormies were some of the first things I ever painted... 

I did an airbrushed army painter primer, in grey, airbrushed AP matte white, I then detailed them with black, gave 'em a wash, then had to dry brush the living **** out of them to salvage them....

They turned out... okay.... but having a year and a half of painting experience under my belt since then, I want my clones to look sharp. 

QqFkrXy.jpg

I'm gonna do better this time. 

1 hour ago, LunarSol said:

As someone whose basically given up on Star Wars entirely due to how miserable the discussion has become, I have to say that the Ep9 thread was the friendliest and most engaging discussion on the matter I've had in the two years since the film's release.  

I try and actually discuss it in the broader context of film history and art. 

But this is the internet 😥

46 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

I wouldn’t use Contra$t Paint$. 

New Foundation Paints use more pigment, less medium? Charge more. New Contrast Paints use less pigment, more medium? Charge more. 

I'm not concerned about the price. I'm still pretty green when it comes to painting, so I'll pay for a bit of a handicap. 

I actually bought too much of the paints. I have 4 vials of skeleton horde, it took less than a quarter to paint my whole droids army of B1s....  Here's hoping they come in handy for the tanks lol 

Edited by Darth Sanguis

9 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

CHILL

Some people take offense when someone posts an opinion that they disagree with. 

TauntaunScout loves to rile everyone up by asking "I don't get why people don't like TLJ....." He's begging for another thread lockdown/debate.....

1 hour ago, LunarSol said:

As someone whose basically given up on Star Wars entirely due to how miserable the discussion has become, I have to say that the Ep9 thread was the friendliest and most engaging discussion on the matter I've had in the two years since the film's release.  

29 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

I try and actually discuss it in the broader context of film history and art. 

But this is the internet 😥

I personally love to discuss the movies with others. I love Star Wars so much that I just can't get enough to talk about it and sharing my personnal perspectives. I'll always respect the other point of view. Where I draw the line is when the other starts to use words like '****', 'garbage', 'worst things to ever happen', 'objectively bad', 'SJW', 'Mary Sue', etc... I mean, there is better way to express your opinion about a movie than just being disrespectful and spitting on what other people love.

I personally don't like the prequels. I tried, and am still trying to like them (just started a Star wars marathon with friends leading to Episode 9 and we're watching Episode 2 tonight). I even watch them with the mindset to focus only on the positives (because even though I don't personnally like them, I admit that there is still some good things/ideas in them) instead of what I don't like about them. But even though I don't like them, I don't go around describing them as 'piece of ****' or 'garbage' when I talk about them. I respect that other people might like them and that spitting on them, insulting them, only serve to create a division that should not be there in the first place. 

Even though there has been a lot of fire in the last 2 years, I've also stumbled into some very interesting discussion about Star Wars and The Last Jedi. When both parties are respectful of the other party opinions and stance, there can be some very good discussion about those movies. It's all about respect.

But, like you said, this is the internet...

Just now, Red Castle said:

I personally love to discuss the movies with others. I love Star Wars so much that I just can't get enough to talk about it and sharing my personnal perspectives. I'll always respect the other point of view. Where I draw the line is when the other starts to use words like '****', 'garbage', 'worst things to ever happen', 'objectively bad', 'SJW', 'Mary Sue', etc... I mean, there is better way to express your opinion about a movie than just being disrespectful and spitting on what other people love.

I personally don't like the prequels. I tried, and am still trying to like them (just started a Star wars marathon with friends leading to Episode 9 and we're watching Episode 2 tonight). I even watch them with the mindset to focus only on the positives (because even though I don't personnally like them, I admit that there is still some good things/ideas in them) instead of what I don't like about them. But even though I don't like them, I don't go around describing them as 'piece of ****' or 'garbage' when I talk about them. I respect that other people might like them and that spitting on them, insulting them, only serve to create a division that should not be there in the first place. 

Even though there has been a lot of fire in the last 2 years, I've also stumbled into some very interesting discussion about Star Wars and The Last Jedi. When both parties are respectful of the other party opinions and stance, there can be some very good discussion about those movies. It's all about respect.

But, like you said, this is the internet...

It's a trend in opinion topics lately. I'd say I first noticed it around 2013... people started taking sides about... well... just about everything. Everything seems polarized these days. 

Maybe we're all just becoming Sith?

ScaredSomberIcelandicsheepdog-size_restr

2 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

It's a trend in opinion topics lately. I'd say I first noticed it around 2013... people started taking sides about... well... just about everything. Everything seems polarized these days. 

Maybe we're all just becoming Sith?

ScaredSomberIcelandicsheepdog-size_restr

Can't really put a date on it, but I think the first time I really noticed this kind of polarisation of opinion on the internet is with the Console wars: Playstation Vs X-Box Vs Nintendo...

or Hockey before the internet in the 90ies with the rivality between Mtl Canadians Vs Quebec Nordics... but I'm from Quebec so, Hockey is kinda a religion for a lot of people here :P

It kinda reminds us that human is a tribal specie after all, you must pick a side and defend it with your life!