Sign in to follow this  
claytacia

Is this game discontinued?

I was looking at the section of this website where you can buy the core rule book and all the accessories and noticed that they are all listed as unavailable.  Has FFG finally pulled the plug on reprinting any SW RPG materials? 

2 hours ago, claytacia said:

I was looking at the section of this website where you can buy the core rule book and all the accessories and noticed that they are all listed as unavailable.  Has FFG finally pulled the plug on reprinting any SW RPG materials? 

Might have been during an update or something?

I just checked, and it showed unavailable for a second or two then changed to "add to cart" for almost everything else. (Dangerous Covenants shows out of stock)

🤷‍♂️

There's been no official word, so nobody knows.

They might just simply be out of stock on the core rulebooks, and are waiting for reprints.  The Upcoming Products page isn't as useful as it used to be regarding RPG products, so it's hard to tell if reprints are on the schedule or not.

Or, they could be working on a revised/second edition of the books, revamping things to incorporate lessons learned over the years from both these games and from Genesys.  So why reprint the first edition books if they know that in some span of time they're going to be printing entirely new editions of the books?

But again, no official word either way, so it's all idle speculation at this point.

15 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

The local FLGS our group plays has been unable to obtain a copy of the FaD core rulebook for one of my players.  Citing the book is out of print?

this is recent in the month of September/October 2019

I think my FLGS might have a copy on hand. If you'll cover cost + shipping I can pick it up for you