Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Final Rise of Skywalker Trailer‼️

3 minutes ago, Merrick_H said:

Falcon with a round sensor dish?
VCX-100  and U-wing at the 5s mark along with a hammerhead corvette?

What is this new devilry?

This is starting to make me think the time-travel rumors might have credence...

4 minutes ago, Merrick_H said:

Falcon with a round sensor dish?
VCX-100  and U-wing at the 5s mark along with a hammerhead corvette?

What is this new devilry?

I'm certain that there is a wealth of stuff in this shot not yet recognized.

And ugh... I don't want to watch football but I badly want to watch this trailer.

Just now, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I'm certain that there is a wealth of stuff in this shot not yet recognized.

And ugh... I don't want to watch football but I badly want to watch this trailer.

@CaptainJaguarShark  Assume it will show  9:30 to 10 pm.

I’ll post it here by Midnight EST as well.

Definite sightings:

Hammerhead

VCX 

Lancer (Behind Falcon)

Pelta (Top middle)

Resistance Bomber (top right)

U-Wing

Auzituck

MC-75s

Also plenty of ships that I can’t really identify from this angle, but definitely LOOK like:

Nebulon (right side) but big

Corellian Gunships?

And is it just me or are there at least two ships that look A LOT like a Defender class light corvette?  One to the left of the Falcon and one above the Falcon and in the background (the red one with the rectangular bridge viewport).  

Edited to add more after picture without Falcon posted.

Edited by FatherTurin

1 minute ago, FatherTurin said:

Definite sightings:

Hammerhead

VCX 

Lancer (Behind Falcon)

Pelta (Top middle)

Resistance Bomber (top right)

Also plenty of ships that I can’t really identify from this angle, but definitely LOOK like:

Nebulon (right side) but big

And is it just me or are there at least two ships that look A LOT like a Defender class light corvette?  One to the left of the Falcon and one above the Falcon and in the background (the red one with the rectangular bridge viewport).  

The one you're calling Defender, I at first thought was a Dynamic-class (Ebon Hawk) but that felt wrong. Defender-class feels closer but still no a perfect match. Could be a stylistic change but it's similar looking at least.

1 minute ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

The one you're calling Defender, I at first thought was a Dynamic-class (Ebon Hawk) but that felt wrong. Defender-class feels closer but still no a perfect match. Could be a stylistic change but it's similar looking at least.

Yeah, I think either design remaining space worthy after so many millennia is unlikely, but could be a design that carried forward to newer ships (like the Hammerhead).

This could be Disneys way of tweaking every Lucas design just enough, not to pay old George a dime in, in one fell swoop. Per the rumors George still gets money from his ideas and that is why the make a 2.0 version of everything. 

1 minute ago, Dwing said:

This could be Disneys way of tweaking every Lucas design just enough, not to pay old George a dime in, in one fell swoop. Per the rumors George still gets money from his ideas and that is why the make a 2.0 version of everything. 

That’s not how these kind of deals generally work (granted I’ve never worked on anything remotely close to the scope or value of the LucasFilm deal).

From a practical standpoint, “soft” IP (copyright and trademarks) involves so many questions of “close enough” that trying to tweak designs for the purpose of avoiding contractual obligations is walking a dangerous line, especially on a project this big and this valuable.  It’s just a bad idea all around.

I’m not saying this didn’t happen, just that it doesn’t seem all that likely to me.

6 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

That’s not how these kind of deals generally work (granted I’ve never worked on anything remotely close to the scope or value of the LucasFilm deal).

From a practical standpoint, “soft” IP (copyright and trademarks) involves so many questions of “close enough” that trying to tweak designs for the purpose of avoiding contractual obligations is walking a dangerous line, especially on a project this big and this valuable.  It’s just a bad idea all around.

I’m not saying this didn’t happen, just that it doesn’t seem all that likely to me.

I completely agree and I am not sure I fully buy into the rumors. But having every ship and SW location (per the timetravel/force jumping rumers). They might hence forth refere to their own movie, and not Georges... Could also just be fanservice, flipflopping from the morale of ep 8... 

Edited by Dwing

34 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

wfa25wa9rxt31.png

22 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Something feels off. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but this is setting off my internal "trolled" alerts.

20 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

Yeah, I think either design remaining space worthy after so many millennia is unlikely, but could be a design that carried forward to newer ships (like the Hammerhead).

The designs themselves (their assembly plans) would be fine, the original production runs of the craft would have been long past their shelf life and likely rotted out completely if not recycled.