JBFancourt

New List Idea - Do You Think It’s Any Good?

Imp Aces

(52) Grand Inquisitor [TIE Advanced v1]

(67) Darth Vader [TIE Advanced x1]
(6) Afterburners
(3) Passive Sensors

(57) "Whisper" [TIE/ph Phantom]
(9) Fifth Brother
(3) Passive Sensors

Total points: 197

I don’t know. I’m just afraid that if Vader pops in the 1st round of combat, I’d be done for. I’d have to be like a world champion or something...

Trip aces are dope, and Vader and Whisper are good choices, but I'd switch a thing or two around:

Vader should keep AB of course, but FCS is more valuable for him than PS.

As for Whisper, I recently flew against an absolute monster - 5Bro, Juke, Targeting Computer, and FCS. Offense is off the charts.

That leaves room for my favorite mini-ace, Duchess with Predator. You could also switch 5th Bro to her if you want to balance the offense out a bit better

2 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

Imp Aces

(6) Afterburners
(3) Passive Sensors

(9) Fifth Brother
(3) Passive Sensors

I don’t know. I’m just afraid that if Vader pops in the 1st round of combat, I’d be done for. I’d have to be like a world champion or something...

You'd almost have to try to get Vader to pop in round 1. He's tough as they come, though I concur with putting a Fire Control System on him instead of Passive Sensors. 

2 hours ago, Greebwahn said:

As for Whisper, I recently flew against an absolute monster - 5Bro, Juke, Targeting Computer, and FCS. Offense is off the charts.

Holy crap. I'm trying this Thursday, along with Vader and maybe Duchess. 

1. Darth Vader (Tie Adv X1): Afterburners, Fire-Control System (75)
  2. "Duchess" (Tie Striker): Targeting Computer, Fifth Brother (60)
  3. "Whisper" (Tie Phantom): Targeting Computer, Fire-Control System, Outmaneuver (62)

Total is 197 points. Can drop Hate on Vader for 200, but no bid in an Aces list can be problematic. You have two extra mobile ships, that hurt like mad. You have Vader who can be surprisingly tanky. A more deadly "Duchess" could roll with Juke and grab Evade tokens each turn. 1 point more expensive.

Edited by Schanez

38 minutes ago, Waldorf28 said:

The number of people who have failed to notice that the OP list is what won Worlds on Saturday is disappointing. One might argue on that basis that it is un-improvable :).

Every list is improvable. Depending on the player who flies it. For one Outmaneuver will outweigth Juke in its use. For someone else Crack Shot > Predator. Just a matter of preference. When I ask for advice here, is always to see other people's opinions and take on things, as I might have missed some interesting build myself.

PS. That list dropped my cousin in top 16 then, if it was the Champion's list. Also the rest of the Polish team in top 8 and top 4 :P

19 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

Imp Aces

(6) Afterburners
(3) Passive Sensors

(9) Fifth Brother
(3) Passive Sensors

its almost sarcasm lol - i wrote a really sarcastic perfect reply to this about it just winning worlds etc, then i saw your last line lol - bravo sir, Bravo 

4 hours ago, Waldorf28 said:

The number of people who have failed to notice that the OP list is what won Worlds on Saturday is disappointing. One might argue that on the basis of its success it is un-improvable :).

Embarassed...

After hearing about this list's win...I did some chatting with a friend and saw the merits

2 hours ago, Vectivus333 said:

...woooomp, wooooooooooomp. I am one whole embarrass.

5 hours ago, Greebwahn said:

Embarassed...

After hearing about this list's win...I did some chatting with a friend and saw the merits

I wanted to add Heart and Laugh Emoji. Ironically, I too prefer FCS on my Vader. 

Guess that’s why I’m not a World’s Champ... 🙄🙄🙄😜

Darth Vader (67)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
    Afterburners (6)    

Ship total: 75  Half Points: 38  Threshold: 3    

"Duchess" (42)    
    Fifth Brother (9)    
    Targeting Computer (3)    

Ship total: 54  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 2    

"Whisper" (57)    
    Juke (7)    
    Passive Sensors (3)    

Ship total: 67  Half Points: 34  Threshold: 3    

Total: 196    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v8ZsZ200Z173XW113WW105Y211XW82WW249Y199X123W240WW&sn=New Squadron&obs=

Edited by pakirby