Sign in to follow this  
Lily Chen

What's your favorite piece of artwork for the game

2 hours ago, Duciris said:

I can't see that where I am.  What card is it?  (And also, does he have pink hair?)

Its not on an Arkham Horror LCG card. I'm not sure what game its from. Hes wearing a hood.

Oh and also I actually really love some of the investigator art. Lola and Sefina are great, and Jim and Marie are also fantastic. Patrice as well. There is a real sense of character imo in each of them.

The King in Yellow faux playbill posters given at 2019 Arkham nights really highlights just how beautiful that Lola art is.

Edited by Soakman

4 hours ago, Soakman said:

I love the transformed partygoer art from The Last King. Particularly the ladies. Ashleigh and Constance are eerie and still beautiful and Ishimaru Haruko is the stuff of nightmares. Love it.

Ashleigh's monstrous form was in the original Carcosa announcement.  I was seriously unnerved by it.  Very little context, just "This cycle will involve aristocrats applauding a well-dressed, singing, rotting corpse".

Edited by CSerpent

10 hours ago, Soakman said:

Oh and also I actually really love some of the investigator art. Lola and Sefina are great, and Jim and Marie are also fantastic. Patrice as well. There is a real sense of character imo in each of them.

The King in Yellow faux playbill posters given at 2019 Arkham nights really highlights just how beautiful that Lola art is.

Most of the investigator art was done by Magali Villeneuve for this game :)

For those who don't know her she's famous in the LOTR LCG community for being one of the best artists if not the best artist in FFG's roster.  She did alot of the hero cards in LOTR LCG as well as a few AGOT, L5R and Star Wars cards.

http://www.magali-villeneuve.com/

9 minutes ago, Skeptical Gamer said:

I read a short article about the staff art (can't find the link of course... 🙁).  They said that Matt's card is for Arkham Horror, but hasn't been released yet.

https://kotaku.com/some-of-our-favorite-board-games-have-employee-cameos-o-1837187913

It's very interesting that that art wasn't used in the Circle, by the way. It looked extremely circle-like to me. The statue of Death, the tarot-like cards, the cultist robe... I guess with all the marble, that may still be Kadath.

Edited by Eldan985

4 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

https://kotaku.com/some-of-our-favorite-board-games-have-employee-cameos-o-1837187913

It's very interesting that that art wasn't used in the Circle, by the way. It looked extremely circle-like to me. The statue of Death, the tarot-like cards, the cultist robe... I guess with all the marble, that may still be Kadath.

That was it. Thank you.

11 hours ago, Duciris said:

We'll let's stop just referencing it!!!

No, you fool!  You're not supposed to look directly at it!  We all take three horror!

Kind of deserves a caption contest, doesn't it?

- Announcing AHLCG 2nd Edition!  Give me all your money, again!

- New Rogue Event named "Hit Me!"

- "You only have 75 more to go"
download.jpg.d32fd2e56a0936a578902e4108526669.jpg

Edited by CSerpent

On 10/25/2019 at 5:40 PM, Antimarkovnikov said:
On 10/25/2019 at 5:38 PM, Villefere said:

Its too cute to be creepy

That's just like... Your opinion Man.

It’s layered perspective. The “cute” is that it is a mundane tree with a lot of birds. The “creepy” is that there are otherworldly alien waving tentacles on a stump-like body in the background with mundane  (Whippoorwills?)in the foreground. A very clever piece of art. 

Edited by Mimi61

There isn’t an alien. It’s implied in the outline of the tree. If you step back it looks at first glance like waving tentacles coming from a thick trunk-like body, but that is an illusion. Or foreshadowing... at least that was how I saw it. 

Edited by Mimi61

On 10/25/2019 at 11:26 PM, Antimarkovnikov said:

tumblr_oh8kyymGpd1u839mao1_1280.jpg

Eager For Death by Frej Agelii

I have considered getting a playmat made with this art... It's just so wonderfully **** creepy.

This is my favourite too. Though I also think of it cute rather than creepy. I always smile when I draw this card because of those lovely little whippoorwills...but then I read the text underneath. I agree that it would be a great playmat. Jeff (aka Mostly Harmless) over on Board Game Geek (I'm sure he must be somewhere on these forums too) has a version that you can see on his excellent YouTube channel:

No idea where he got this from but it looks great.

Edited by Dr Dee

On 11/1/2019 at 5:18 PM, Dr Dee said:

This is my favourite too. Though I also think of it cute rather than creepy. I always smile when I draw this card because of those lovely little whippoorwills...but then I read the text underneath. I agree that it would be a great playmat. Jeff (aka Mostly Harmless) over on Board Game Geek (I'm sure he must be somewhere on these forums too) has a version that you can see on his excellent YouTube channel:

No idea where he got this from but it looks great.

I talked to him.  He got it from InkedGaming.  I got myself one as well... But I got mine a bit bigger at 36x36 and I can't even see any pixelation using the version from Artstation
IMG_20191108_192131984.jpg

I could definitely second Eager for Death.   that's...  so fantastic.     But in the interest of doing something different, I'll say

image.png.adcbd72e0171b4e2340114e340927a41.png

I think this demonstrates a lot of technical skill.   This person had to draw this guy shaving and also draw the mirror image of that.    And it looks flawless.   His reflection is perfect.   I can't even imagine doing that.   Just incredible.

My other favorite is the alt art Jenny Barnes from the Hour of the Huntress.