Sign in to follow this  
Lily Chen

What's your favorite piece of artwork for the game

My personal favorite piece of artwork for the game is the art for Against All Odds. To me it best depicts everything about the game: a man and a woman atop a moving train shooting at a tentacle monster, while a shocked old man watches everything from out a window on the bottom. I used to play Arkham second edition a long time ago and I think this artwork was used as box art for one the expansion, so that might also factor in why I like it so much.

04202.jpg

It's very tough to choose. Partly because there's a few different metrics.

I, too absolutely love the three parts of the Cat diorama. Playmat or poster, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Or adopt those cats. It's a crying shame that no one investigator can include all the cats in the game in one deck.

There's various pieces of art that might not be perfect in terms of their appearance, but either evoke the theme of their card really well or evoke the theme of the game as a whole, where just seeing the card helps you get into the mood - Heroic Rescue, "Look What I Found!", Fortune or Fate, Wither, Last Chance, and the various entries in the list of rogues disregarding driving laws.

Or in terms of creepy/horrifying, there's plenty of great (and equally as many bad/goofy) examples in the game, but nothing has made me shudder quite like the art on the Agenda deck for Dim Carcosa (spoilers).

Buuuuut... when it comes to what I like on purely aesthetic grounds, I find the Stargazing/The Stars are Right pair to be astonishingly beautiful. I want that artwork on my wall and I will take Stargazing in any deck that can include it.

Edited by Allonym

03F65236-4ADA-4117-8C15-34FB34D2A6A7.jpeg.6b7f295f3a5c3a203bc262626fd2308f.jpeg

I love the cat triptych too, but I have to say that the mansion on the hill that came with Murder at the Excelsior is stunning. 
The scene is so evocatively creepy, yet the veneer of safety is also palatable. It beckons you...

Edited by Mimi61

10 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

03F65236-4ADA-4117-8C15-34FB34D2A6A7.jpeg.6b7f295f3a5c3a203bc262626fd2308f.jpeg

I love the cat triptych too, but I have to say that the mansion on the hill that came with Murder at the Excelsior is stunning. 
The scene is so evocatively creepy, yet the veneer of safety is also palatable. It beckons you...

It is very MYSTERIous.....

Edited by CSerpent

The bulk of may favorites aren't player cards.  Obscuring Fog, Offer of Power, The Conductor (Return to Dunwich), Towering Luminosity (Return to Dunwich), Peter Clover, Eager for Death, Terror from Beyond, The Edge of the Universe, Gavriella Mizrah, Watcher's Grasp, & Burdens of the Past.  Almost all double-sided locations from The Wages of Sin (regular and haunted). 

I like how the art on The Act card Trapped & Your House match up.  I also really like a bulk of the locations from Arkham: Easttown, Northside, Southside, St. Mary's Hospital, even Graveyard & Field of Graves (Return to Night).  Also, our return to Arkham in Circle: French Hill, Lodge Gates, Merchant District, Miskatonic River, Rivertown, South Church, Southside, & Uptown.

In the recently announced Dark Side of the Moon, the spoiled art for Act 1 is sensational (as I have commented elsewhere).

ahc41_cardfan_1.png 

But my all time favorite is everyone's most hated card: Ancient EvilsResurgent Evils (Return to Dunwich) (cover art from Mansions 1e expansion Call of the Wild) is pretty great too.

Edited by Duciris

Ancient Evil's art is fantastic, which is great considering it comes up so much and it's effect it horrific.

I'm a fan of all the art of Carcosa like the art on cards like "Palace Of The King", "Shores Of Hali" or "Ruins of Carcosa".  I think it does a decent job of making Carcosa look like a haunting and otherworldly place.

ahc17_card_ruins-of-carcosa.pngahc17_box.pngahc17_art_shores-of-hali.png

Edited by phillos

I'm very fond of Seal of the Seventh Sign.

image.png.318eda51d6d7c123c3536bfd641ad685.png

It's pretty **** gorgeous.

Why Ancient Evils, though? Does it look better when enlarged? BEcause from looking at it now, it just kind of seems murky, with not much detail or contrast and I don't see anything that really stands out.

1 hour ago, Eldan985 said:

...Why Ancient Evils, though? Does it look better when enlarged? BEcause from looking at it now, it just kind of seems murky, with not much detail or contrast and I don't see anything that really stands out.

AHC01_166.jpg

712IjyRGmjL.jpg

cultist-cthulhu-aklo-Michae-%20Komarck.j

I think FFG has an eight-foot banner of it, so I've seen it more clearly.  I just love the colors and simplicity of the horrific act being committed.

Yeah I've heard them mention before that after a certain number of years of service they are awarded with a vanity card.  Most of the current LCG designers have already been featured on one or more cards.  It's a pretty neat idea to reward employee loyalty.