Lightningclaw

First edition quest guide?

I just got a copy of Descent 1st edition. Unfortunately, it’s missing the rulebook (no big deal, that and the FAQ are online) and the quest guide.

Try as I might, I haven’t been able to find a first edition quest guide online. I realize FFG does not publish quest guides, but I figured a pdf would be readily available for a massive game that’s been ~8 years out of print.

Does anyone have a pdf scan of the quest guide? I would really appreciate it.

I think the reason that you don't find the Descent 1st Edition Quest guide in a PDF is because the guide itself is larger (far wider) than typical residential scanners.  You would need to take it to a commercial shop, and most commercial shops won't do it as you don't own the copyrights to the document.

Because it is so difficult to find this game anymore, I tried creating my own backup electronic copy (PDF) of the quest guide, but I always became stumped as to how to generate a reasonably good copy due to it being over sized.  Each page would take 2 scans, and then trying to find a way to combine them would simply be ugly.

Lately, I have been thinking of taking photos of each of the pages, converting the photos into PDFs and then merging it into all one PDF document.

1 hour ago, any2cards said:

Lately, I have been thinking of taking photos of each of the pages, converting the photos into PDFs and then merging it into all one PDF document.

This is what I'd suggest.