Jump to content
JediJF

Cassian Andor and Iden Versio Commanders ?

Recommended Posts

Found them on a UK store as well, with release dates for all announced stuff. Not sure how accurate the dates are, but stranger things have happened.

Edit:as with all retailer release dates for Legion products, I recommend you take this with a huge grain of salt.

https://elementgames.co.uk/new-releases?release=1587510000_star-wars-legion

Edited by Caimheul1313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

So that would be the two missing SKUs?

I have no idea which ones are currently "missing" but according the listing I linked, FFGSWL59 and FFGSWL60

Edited by Caimheul1313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So more leaks for these two? So either this is FFG worse kept secret or a massive troll job....

Should be interesting units, but why hide these at all?? Then throw in the wierd thing going on with Rex/dooku and legion has got wierd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

So more leaks for these two? So either this is FFG worse kept secret or a massive troll job....

Should be interesting units, but why hide these at all?? Then throw in the wierd thing going on with Rex/dooku and legion has got wierd.

Yeah... Well, one reason to hide them is the lack of any new Clone announcements, if they announce even more GCW stuff without also announcing CW stuff, it looks like the new armies aren't being supported.

Well, more than it already does anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Found them on a UK store as well, with release dates for all announced stuff. Not sure how accurate the dates are, but stranger things have happened.

Edit:as with all retailer release dates for Legion products, I recommend you take this with a huge grain of salt.

https://elementgames.co.uk/new-releases?release=1587510000_star-wars-legion

Element Games are the worst at trolling dates for products. They'll take your money with absolutely no idea when the product you paid for is going to be in stock.

E.g. they will use a rolling "back in stock date" that jumps forward a week, once a week.

But it does confirm the product exists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jedirev said:

Element Games are the worst at trolling dates for products. They'll take your money with absolutely no idea when the product you paid for is going to be in stock.

E.g. they will use a rolling "back in stock date" that jumps forward a week, once a week.

But it does confirm the product exists. 

I'm not super surprised. But as you say, it does confirm the product exists, and means there's a chance FFG is intending for them to be Q2 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, these are just two products in what are now 8 product waves, that could mean as much as 6 more CW products ready to roll. Or They're the tail end of the same design wave which resulted in CW Commanders/Heavies/Corps II? Marketing decides how to split them up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

I mean, these are just two products in what are now 8 product waves, that could mean as much as 6 more CW products ready to roll. Or They're the tail end of the same design wave which resulted in CW Commanders/Heavies/Corps II? Marketing decides how to split them up. 

Of the known upcoming releases: Imperial Bunker, GCW Operatives, these commanders, half of the "upgrades," which are more advantageous for GCW than CW in my opinion (those units had ZERO time in the "wild" to expose "weaknesses" the developers/testers didn't see and the upgrades ideally should provide tools to fill), and now these commanders.

Known CW releases: Support, Heavies, other half of the Upgrades (I think CW factions would benefit more from new units rather than additional upgrades), Commanders, and second corps.

Of note, CW didn't even get the same sized initial release as GCW (no heavy, no individual boxes for supports). It is likely to take at least 2, if not 3 release windows for them to have the same number of SKUs as the GCW did when they launched, depending on if Supports will be released out of cycle.  FFG could speed up the release schedule of course, but given the recent issues, I'd be pleasantly surprised if they managed that successfully.

The escape pod is technically both, but we'll see if the included mini campaign doesn't "require" GCW forces like the Downed AT-ST (can always house rule for any faction, but they indicate the release is "intended more" for a particular era). 

Yes, these are just two products, but it seems like FFG tries to announce product in order of release (barring interference by Disney of course, or officially announcing leaked product since the surprise is already gone). So officially announcing these new commanders without first announcing the first Special Forces or Operatives, third Commanders, or second Support (assuming a similar order of Force Org slot releases for CW as GCW), would have given the appearance of CW getting delayed by yet another GCW release. FFG can't really do much about unofficial leaks though (apparently).

Edited by Caimheul1313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When there are leaks of these kinds, FFG usually just puts out an article (probably to help manage the leak). Do you think we’ll get one on this, Rex & Dukoo, and the CW corps upgrade packs next week?

I hope so. That will be the most articles we’ve gotten since the In-Flight Report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

When there are leaks of these kinds, FFG usually just puts out an article (probably to help manage the leak). Do you think we’ll get one on this, Rex & Dukoo, and the CW corps upgrade packs next week?

I hope so. That will be the most articles we’ve gotten since the In-Flight Report.

Quite possible. Or FFG could keep on business as usual. Hard to say really, might depend on if the articles are already written and just have to be pushed out early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Of the known upcoming releases: Imperial Bunker, GCW Operatives, these commanders, half of the "upgrades," which are more advantageous for GCW than CW in my opinion (those units had ZERO time in the "wild" to expose "weaknesses" the developers/testers didn't see and the upgrades ideally should provide tools to fill), and now these commanders.

Known CW releases: Support, Heavies, other half of the Upgrades (I think CW factions would benefit more from new units rather than additional upgrades), Commanders, and second corps.

Of note, CW didn't even get the same sized initial release as GCW (no heavy, no individual boxes for supports). It is likely to take at least 2, if not 3 release windows for them to have the same number of SKUs as the GCW did when they launched, depending on if Supports will be released out of cycle.  FFG could speed up the release schedule of course, but given the recent issues, I'd be pleasantly surprised if they managed that successfully.

The escape pod is technically both, but we'll see if the included mini campaign doesn't "require" GCW forces like the Downed AT-ST (can always house rule for any faction, but they indicate the release is "intended more" for a particular era). 

Yes, these are just two products, but it seems like FFG tries to announce product in order of release (barring interference by Disney of course, or officially announcing leaked product since the surprise is already gone). So officially announcing these new commanders without first announcing the first Special Forces or Operatives, third Commanders, or second Support (assuming a similar order of Force Org slot releases for CW as GCW), would have given the appearance of CW getting delayed by yet another GCW release. FFG can't really do much about unofficial leaks though (apparently).

Clone Wars should of been done in December. I will forever wonder why FFG would screw up the hype train by throwing in GCW commanders, operatives, and terrain in the middle of what should be back to back CW. I know the mouse played a little part in the order, but that bunker should not come before more options for GAR/CIS.................right?

I know I should not hope, but I like to think they changed the dates of Rex/Dooku to earlier (they did get shipments in South America) or that their new release timeline is grouped up (like X-wing) and earlier in the year. If Kassian/Iden is Q2 next year that  would mean they are sticking to 6 a quarter for at least the Gen Con stuff. That would suck since CIS or GAR would not get their second commander and/or trooper until next February?!?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Clone Wars should of been done in December. I will forever wonder why FFG would screw up the hype train by throwing in GCW commanders, operatives, and terrain in the middle of what should be back to back CW. I know the mouse played a little part in the order, but that bunker should not come before more options for GAR/CIS.................right?

I know I should not hope, but I like to think they changed the dates of Rex/Dooku to earlier (they did get shipments in South America) or that their new release timeline is grouped up (like X-wing) and earlier in the year. If Kassian/Iden is Q2 next year that  would mean they are sticking to 6 a quarter for at least the Gen Con stuff. That would suck since CIS or GAR would not get their second commander and/or trooper until next February?!?!?!

Alex Davy mentioned that in an interview. Apparently FFG was contacted by Lucas Film/Disney and were “asked” to put out GCW content. Alex mentioned that they were in the middle of the rollout of CW content, but they would do as “asked”. I’m not sure how much FFG had a say, but it seemed like they didn’t. So CW rollout issues aren’t all FFG’s fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Not down with the protagonist of the fake Battlefront II but a Sisters of Battle head will make for a very serviceable Howlrunner.

She could also come with a helmeted head since we are starting to get options. Not sure what sort of options Cassian would come with though...

5 hours ago, T70 Driver said:

I was hoping they'd release Inferno Squad as a four miniature boxed set including all members of the squad. I'd also like to see Clone Force 99, AKA The Bad Batch, get the same treatment.

With as powerful as many of the named characters are in game in order to get the right"feel," (and therefore expensive points wise) a unit of named characters might work out to 400+ points... I'd like to see rules for casual play though, named squads would be great for skirmish style play (and I'm sure they could probably be converted if  the rules are unofficial). You could probably get 3rd party models for Inferno squad and field then as Death troopers for now at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rumors of these two have been floating around for what, a month now?  I've been hoping they were fake or just the cover for something better, but sadly they will probably end up being real.  Incredibly disappointing, but that's kinda been how FFG has approached Legion recently.  (even if we're going to blame Lucasfilm for the bad calls, FFG shares part of the blame for the terrain expansions and the trooper upgrade expansions timing)  If these were thrown in on top of the Q1 stuff we already have, it's a little less annoying, but I'd bet it'll just push back stuff the CW factions desperately need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Alex Davy mentioned that in an interview. Apparently FFG was contacted by Lucas Film/Disney and were “asked” to put out GCW content. Alex mentioned that they were in the middle of the rollout of CW content, but they would do as “asked”. I’m not sure how much FFG had a say, but it seemed like they didn’t. So CW rollout issues aren’t all FFG’s fault.

I wasn't trying to indicate that FFG was solely to blame, I understand Disney is at least the reason for the GCW Operatives. FFG is to blame for launching the CW starter without the Heavy or Support boxes. I'm not clear if that was always the plan (I think the Heavies were always supposed to come later, not clear on Supports) or if it was due to some unknown delay. The article currently indicates 1st quarter 2020 for the Heavies, but I've seen FFG change the dates on articles before. Supports don't indicate they were to be released at the same time as the Core, just the same quarter, same the Support announcement for the GCW, so that might be due to similar issues that delayed the Core set. 

You'd think they'd want more CW stuff since Season 7 is launching February 2020 on Disney+. I'd be nice to have armies with a decent amount of variation to sell to fans who see the series and decide to buy in to Legion...

Edited by Caimheul1313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

FFG shares part of the blame for the terrain expansions and the trooper upgrade expansions timing

This right here. I listened to the Q&A part twice and they pretty much blame the Vader/Luke release as the mouse telling them to do it. Listening to that part felt very wierd and almost felt like a very passive agressive jap at the company???

But the other releases make little sense on FFG's part.....unless I am missing something. And I maybe am, maybe somebody can explain a good reason for their order?

October: Luke/Vader. Should have been Rex/Dooku, but we know the switch up from the sku number and them telling us. I like Rex, but maybe CIS should have gotten a cheap commander as well?

November: All faction infantry xpack at least covers the Clone Wars, but does this really add a different feel to the factions? I don't really know how much impact it will add to these factions (and it may)?

December: A terrian piece that is nice, but pricy and does not really work for Clone Wars. The escape pod helps GAR, but CIS don't get a operative for 4 months after the fact?

Q1: The tanks are nice, but I question more infantry. I mean wouldn't special forces have been better to give more options? Just feels....wierd.

Q2: Hopefully by then they will switch how they do releases and we will get a large wave and 8 products. Which would still have issues (end of the quarter releases means two months of nothing), but more product is always good.

I really do enjoy this game and will still buy this stuff, but these release order sort of sucks. If they really want to challenge the big boys with this game then they at least need to get a consistent release date or more balanced order. Nobody wants Armada 2.0....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RyantheFett As for the Heavies before more infantry, recall the release for GCW was the core set, individual packages for all non-commander units, and then a heavy option for each army. The order for GCW was as follows:

Core, individual boxes of Corps units, and heavies

Commanders and second Corps unit

Special Forces, Commander/Operative

Supports

Special forces, commander/operative

Specialists

Special forces, commander

Heavies

Operatives

Corps unit, Support

So I'd expect a similar growth for CW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Of note, CW didn't even get the same sized initial release as GCW (no heavy, no individual boxes for supports). It is likely to take at least 2, if not 3 release windows for them to have the same number of SKUs as the GCW did when they launched, depending on if Supports will be released out of cycle.  FFG could speed up the release schedule of course, but given the recent issues, I'd be pleasantly surprised if they managed that successfully.

The Heavies for the GCW factions were not supposed to be available at launch. The original Core set got delayed until it was released at the same time as the Heavies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree there’s been some very odd timing decisions made, but from the AMA it does sound like the culprit is the Mouse not FFG.

I may be “meh” on the hype train right now, but that’s also because I’ve got a lot of down time between games and no upcoming games.

That said, I eagerly await the day I have my Clone army. I’m starting with the splitting double core set, and I’ll plan to add SFs, commander/operatives, and supports as needed. Eventually I’ll pick up a heavy, sure. I just don’t see a need for the phase 2 clones when the rest of my army will be phase 1 (with the heavy upgrade pack and extra minis from the core set, I’m looking at 5x corps units by end of year).

 

Back to the original topic at hand.... if Iden has a tie helmet option, I may pick her up for my imperials as a generic tie pilot etc. something unique in the sculpts department.

Cassian? I’m not sure.... I don’t want to heavily invest in all options for all armies, so I’m inclined to pass. I just like Luke and Leia more. Same reason why I have Vader, Veers, and Palp... but not Krennic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...