Sign in to follow this  
Hippie Moosen

Your top picks for Hero's and Villains!!!

Firestar and Iceman would be awesome. Blade too.

Someone mentioned Darkhawk, that would be cool too. Man, loved those comics.

Lady Deathstrike and Omega Red would make great villains.

Dr. Octopus is a must.

Taskmaster would be phenomenal, where he can train multiple minions to fight as the heroes, maybe using their discard pile against them.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:08 PM, FearLord said:

The Avengers don’t actually have an awful lot of female antagonists though...

Moonstone directly comes to mind, she's powerful, a Master of Evil and she substituted as an evil Ms. Marvel at some point

Sin, daughter of the Red Skull, would also be an option, but I never cared for her in the comics myself

Typhoid Mary would be fun, but you would need a Daredevil hero to go with it

When there will be a female villain pack (and there will be, FFG is quite pc), it will most likely be Nebula or Hela as the Marvel movies nowadays set the tone for the comics and everything else

On 11/9/2019 at 8:08 PM, FearLord said:

The Avengers don’t actually have an awful lot of female antagonists though...

Moonstone directly comes to mind, she's powerful, a Master of Evil and she substituted as an evil Ms. Marvel at some point

Sin, daughter of the Red Skull, would also be an option, but I never cared for her in the comics myself

When there will be a female villain pack (and there will be, FFG is quite pc), it will most likely be Nebula or Hela as the Marvel movies nowadays set the tone for the comics and everything else

3 hours ago, cheapmate said:

Sin is an interesting shout - I’m only really familiar with her as a Captain America Villain, but I’m catching up on comics and I think she might have had a role in the Fear Itself event that I’m coming up to? I’d certainly say she seems a little close to Red Skull though, who I think we’d be likely to get at some point...

Moonstone is cool, but I don’t see her as ‘Scenario’ material on her own really (although I guess that argument could be made about Klaw, and we got him in the core set...) - I’d like to see a Dark Avengers Scenario in the future in a similar vein to the Wrecking crew, and she’d be a shoe in for that....

Nebula I don’t see either - she’d likely be a minion in a Thanos deck or something like that rather than a scenario in her own right...

So I’m starting to feel like the next big box will likely be GotG themed (core set box art/Rocket on some card art). If the game began development without access to Fox characters, it seems likely that X-Men/Fantastic Four will be at least one more wave away. A box set could easily cover the GotG, maybe dropping in some unaffiliated heroes in that wave, and then a wave with just X-Men?

I guess I should ask—somehow I’ve gotten the impression that we’ll get a bigger box set in between each wave of 4 heroes (one per aspect). Is this something that’s actually been announced or discussed by the designers, or an assumption based on other LCGs?

I really want Hawkeye, and he’s already an Ally so that could be a while. Gambit and Kitty Pryde are up there, too.

That said, I’m mostly interested in seeing how they expand upon the system. I’d love to see a Hero pair of some sort, like maybe Rocket and Groot. Maybe they share a deck, with two different hero cards, and depending on which hero card you use, you use the other’s ally card? Or maybe just two cards are out as Heroes, Rocket gets an attack value, Groot gets a defense value? Just some spitballing.

On 11/23/2019 at 1:17 PM, SpiderMana said:

I guess I should ask—somehow I’ve gotten the impression that we’ll get a bigger box set in between each wave of 4 heroes (one per aspect). Is this something that’s actually been announced or discussed by the designers, or an assumption based on other LCGs?

I have not heard about this myself, but no doubt there will be a box expansion coming along at some point

2 hours ago, cheapmate said:

I have not heard about this myself, but no doubt there will be a box expansion coming along at some point

Story boxes are (vaguely) described on the product page https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/marvel-champions-the-card-game/ - 3-5 linked scenarios and containing heroes and villains. Not a huge amount to go on at this point, but it’s generally assumed I think that the first will come out after the first ‘cycle’ of heroes is out (I.e. after whichever Justice hero follows Thor)...

I think the various Mutant teams of the 80ies and early 90ies comics were amazing. They had a great family feel to them that I feel is somewhat lost these days. I got all the X-men comics from the start of the new team (Storm, Wolverine etc) up until around the Inferno crossover, and in my opinion when it comes to story (Chris Claremont) and art (especially John Byrne, and later Alan Davis for Excalibur) everything else pales in comparision.

I like the Avengers and think it's a great start of this fantastic game. But I LOVE the X-men. So here's hoping they will show up eventually. And nope, I don't want Gambit, Cable or Jubilee. I want the good old real stuff, youngsters!

X-men Story Box: Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Shadowcat and Nightcrawler (assuming five heroes) take on Magneto and The Hellfire Club. Would be interesting to see what they do with heroes like Nightcrawler and Shadowcat.

The New Mutants! Kamala Khan would approve of more teenage heroes.

Honorary mention: Excalibur battle The Crazy Gang. 

6 minutes ago, Mazarbul said:

X-men Story Box: Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Shadowcat and Nightcrawler (assuming five heroes) take on Magneto and The Hellfire Club. Would be interesting to see what they do with heroes like Nightcrawler and Shadowcat

You think they’d skip out on Cyclops and Jean Grey? I mean Cap isn’t in the Core, so sure, I could see one of those two being a character expansion instead, but leaving out both seems like a stretch, I guess. Then again, I would have liked to see Hawkeye and Black Widow as Avengers Heroes, and they’re Allies for now.

Tough to guess what kind of call they’ll make for X-Men Heroes vs Allies... I could see Prof. X as a neutral Ally similar to Nick Fury, as well as the X-Mansion and the X-Jet. Obviously they’ll be more than just reskins of Avengers Mansion and the Hellicarrier, but. Yeah.

Anyways, I could unfortunately see Collossus and Kitty getting relegated to Ally roles, as they aren’t quite as big names nowadays compared to the core cast of movie characters.

Cyclops and Marvel Girl would of course fit in better being paired with Beast, Angel and Iceman. The original X-Men. But to me they are far less interesting than the team that had Storm as a leader.

And yes, unfortunately I believe that the movies will have a major impact on this game. So - like in the movies - they will probably mix and match the heroes. And sometimes it just won't make much sense, other than the characters being popular here and now.

Wonder Man/Simon Williams with a obligation around his actor job and Grim reaper as Nemesis.

Beast/Hank McCoy it would be cool to see him without fur and have a card giving him the fur.

Scarlet Wich/Wanda Maximoff. The Nemesis card could be a card where the player have to attack is ally instead of their enemy with token to eliminate to make her be herself again ;)

Crystal, Black Knight and Sersi been my favorite love triangle I would be delighted to see them. But I think they only will be ally for the first too. And I don’t see Sersi coming soon.

as X-men I like Havok & Polaris.

I want the sinister six together. But I also want Doc Oc as a powerful foes. And Magneto or Doctor Doom too.

I feel like we won't get X-men for awhile but here is hoping if enough of us show interest here...

Heroes (In order of importance to me)

Punisher (Nemesis - Jigsaw)

Cyclops (Nemesis - Madelyne Pryor)

Jean Grey (Nemesis - Dark Phoenix/Pheonix Force)

Nightcrawler (Nemesis - Mystique)

Blade (Nemesis - Dracula)

Also: Emma Frost, Elektra, Daredevil, Mr. Fantastic/Mrs. Fantastic and old school Nick Fury (Black Nick Fury's dad)

Villains

Pheonix 5/Phoenix Force

Sentinels/Mastermold

Magneto

Juggernaught

Apocalypse

Doctor Doom

Loki

Kingpin

Norman Osborne (and his dark X-Men/avengers) 

Dracula

These would be the characters to get me into the game. 

Edited by General_Grievous

Heroes:

-Wolverine

-Deadpool

-Spider-Man (Miles)

-Antman 

Villains:

-Kingpin

-Taskmaster

-M.O.D.O.K. (Brings A.I.M minions)

-Nobu/Elektra (Basically introduce the Hand)

Allies:

-Iron Fist (Protection for Luke Cage)

-Punisher (Aggression)

-Phil Coulson (Neutral)

-Moon Knight (Justice)

-Quake (Leadership)

Big Box:

-Guardians of the Galaxy

-X-men

-Fantastic Four