Sign in to follow this  
Hippie Moosen

Your top picks for Hero's and Villains!!!

Hello everyone. I know the game's not even out yet, but I wanted to put out a thread where a bunch of us announced our wish list for possible new characters to get expansions. Who knows, maybe the devs will add something we ask for into production that might have not made the cut till much later on, if at all.

My big hero pick is gonna be Miles Morales. Spider-Man is always a crowd pleaser, and while we already have Peter Parker in the core set, this kid wears the mantle extremely well. If you know nothing about him, check out Enter the Spider-verse. It may be one of the best animated movies out there and tells Miles' origin story in a phenomenal way. He has a bunch of Peter's abilities plus some fun unique ones to set him apart. He's also got a fantastic Nemesis option in The Prowler.

For Villains, I'd love to see Wilson Fisk aka The Kingpin of Crime enter the game. He's a great baddie who causes trouble for almost every hero that calls NYC their home. That title of his isn't for show either. He has money, resources, and connections everywhere. On top of an army of loyal goons, plenty of full on super villains find themselves under his thumb from time to time.

That's all I'll put out. There are others I could add here but they're all super obvious choices. They get that status since a casual comic fan like myself has heard of them. What about you all though? There must be tons of characters that the community wants, so let your voices be heard!

Edited by Hippie Moosen

I e been out of comics for a long time but I have my childhood favourites and one new one from the movies that entered into my top ten.

Iron Man, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Thor, Hulk, Captain Marvel, Wolverine, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Deadpool.

Ctn Marvel is the new one, I really enjoyed her movie and it pulled me back to Marvel Universe.

Villains I don’t have favourites as much but I do like

Green Goblin, Mandarin, Lizard Man, Rhino, Hob Goblin, Dr Doom

I'd be excited for most X-Men related characters. Gambit is at the top of my list with too many to list after that.

The top 3 heroes that I want but don't expect for years, if ever, would be Blink, Bishop, and War Machine.

Magneto and Dr. Doom are must have villains. Mysterio, Carnage, and Sentinels are others I'd love to see.

13 hours ago, TechnoGolem said:

I'd be excited for most X-Men related characters. Gambit is at the top of my list with too many to list after that.

<snip>

Magneto and Dr. Doom are must have villains.

They could do a whole game based on the X-Men alone.  

Of course, I want the Fantastic Four.  If they put Doom in without the FF, I'm not going to be happy.

I'd love to see Immortal Iron Fist and Luke Cage maybe the Daughters of the Dragon - as they are in the comics rather than the Netflix shows. They have always been favorites.

I don't know how they would do the villain - but it would be cool to see some physically huge threats - Fing Fang Foom or Dormamu (although we need to have a Dr strange hero before he showed up). It would be interested how they would do Galactus - you can't beat him down, but have a special win condition. Or maybe Galatcus is the scheme and a Herald is the villain.

More normal villains - Hellfire club could be fun (especially Emma),  Kingpin, Kang.

Henry Peter Gyrich - as a bad guy ally.

And I'd really love to see (down the road) a parallel game doing DC that would could mix and match (the way Heroclix and Vs did).

Edited by Lordmhoram

On 10/20/2019 at 12:37 PM, Lordmhoram said:

It would be interested how they would do Galactus - you can't beat him down, but have a special win condition. Or maybe Galatcus is the scheme and a Herald is the villain.

You could always run a side quest to retrieve the Ultimate Nullifier.

The Lord of the Rings Card Game featured the Balrog, so they should be able to find a way to deal with Galactus.

Top hero is Hawkeye....I think leaning into the trick arrow thing (exploding arrows, sticky arrows, etc.) would make for a fun play style. Probably be a while since he is a core set ally though.

Villan...I'd say Taskmaster could be interesting, if they found a way to reflect his ability and fighting style.

Edited by Trialus

Ill just make a long list of favorite Marvel Heroes....

Daredevil

Moon Knight

Black Bolt (Super OP but your whole team has to discard a card every time you utter a word)

Iron Fist

Shang-Chi

Hawkeye

Vision

Beast

Doctor Strange

Colossus

Storm

Nightcrawler

Wonder Man

Black Knight

Valkyrie

Union Jack

Nova

(and if they can make Allies out of the Golden Age Liberty Legion I would be rather happy - The Patriot, Red Raven, Blue Diamond, Thin Man, Whizzer, Miss America, and Jack Frost)

Edited by IceHot42

And favorites if I were to Bring on the Bad Guys

Doctor Doom

Magneto

Loki

Xemnu the Titan

Bullseye

Juggs

Kraven the Hunter

MODOK

Von Strucker

Mandarin

The Leader

Ronan the Accuser

The Wrecking Crew (which I here is either in there or on the way)

On 10/25/2019 at 11:38 PM, TechnoGolem said:

I hope they do X-23 and not her as Wolverine. Just made her feel like a cheap knockoff instead of her own character.

Could always do a set with all the successors (x-23, Iron heart, Falcon as Cap, Kate Hawkeye)

edit: @urloony not sure why being able to avoid the heroes you dislike would make you sad. 

Edited by Derrault

Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)

Based on my game play so far, I really REALLY want him to be a villain that drowns you in mob mooks, and just wrecks your ally and support cards while not hitting that hard himself (just average damage, he's big, but human) but having good HP. I want him to be the villain that seldom fights you directly, but definitely comes after your friends and "resources", and sends his henchmen out after you. Tombstone is a must have for his minion count.

I imagine we'll see him when DD gets his own deck.

If you're reading this FFG, think about my suggestions. I think it would fit his theme.

Indeed, now that I think of it, pitting him against She Hulk's lawyer hi-jinks would tickle me pink. At least, until she comes to Fisk Tower and beats him senseless (she's good at that).

Edited by Deathseed

If I could ask for one thing it would be Spiderman symbiote suit from Secret Wars. (Secret Wars mini series and then in issue 252.). They could also do Secret Wars as a big box expansion (TSR did back in the day as a RPG).  If you ever get the chance read the Secret Wars (1984ish) graphic novel Peter discovers the (black) alien suit and overall is fairly awesome.  

So additional heroes would be Magik, Vision, Jean Grey and Wolverine.  Villains would be Emma Frost, Kraven and Doc Ock, maybe Venom.

Edited by Yivrael

On 10/25/2019 at 11:53 PM, Derrault said:

Could always do a set with all the successors (x-23, Iron heart, Falcon as Cap, Kate Hawkeye)

edit: @urloony not sure why being able to avoid the heroes you dislike would make you sad. 

It's not avoiding them that would be sad.  Oh and Psylocke is now Captain Britain.  

Edited by urloony

On 10/25/2019 at 11:53 PM, Derrault said:

However, it will be interesting to see how much Marvel Champions will mirror current Marvel titles.  With Feige now at the helm, reigning in the MCU and comic titles to have more uniformity, it stands to reason that game licencees may have to abide by the same rules.  See the movie, buy the matching comic, buy the matching games.

I know it has maybe already been discussed, but do you think they could one day allow us to play the villains against the heroes ? I know it would mean new scenario and heroes decks but playing the good guys is not always fun 😛

On 11/1/2019 at 8:11 PM, Elrad said:

I know it has maybe already been discussed, but do you think they could one day allow us to play the villains against the heroes ? I know it would mean new scenario and heroes decks but playing the good guys is not always fun 😛

I don’t know about that but there are plenty of great antihero candidates for the game.

I think Magneto would be really cool as a hero, for example. They had Sarumon as a player card in the LotR game, so it doesn’t seem implausible.

37 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I don’t know about that but there are plenty of great antihero candidates for the game.

I think Magneto would be really cool as a hero, for example. They had Sarumon as a player card in the LotR game, so it doesn’t seem implausible.

I’d be cool with that, but I’d be disappointed if Magneto came out as a hero before a villain...

I think we could probably do with some villainous female characters at this point. Maybe Hela, possibly Enchantress as Thor’s Nemesis). The Avengers don’t actually have an awful lot of female antagonists though...