Sign in to follow this  
player3691565

Is armada.....

Really hard

since I’ve just been handed my *** by my 9 year old son flying 2 ISDs and a medium fight ball my conclusion is it’s clearly child’s play and not the complex adult game I aways thought it was.......stamps feet and stomps off into the distant to calls of “daddy are you being salty”.

Edited by player3691565
Can’t add up

2 hours ago, cynanbloodbane said:

This is no different than spending weeks mastering all the moves in Street Fighter, only too get absolutely destroyed by a girlfriend, who has never played, and is just mashing buttons. Seen it happen so many times!

Far too specific to be the account of a bystander... ;)

I kept beating my brother playing Armada and though it wasn't that difficult, but then I went to a tournament...... dead last. So I went home and got "serious" about fleet building. Played through a whole campaign, when to a few met ups, played more games with my brother. Then went again the next year..... dead last. But I believe this year will be different!  And even if its no different  then the years before and I come crashing into dead last again, Armada is still by top game hands down. 

12 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Far too specific to be the account of a bystander... ;)

Full disclosure. A group of us were playing over at a buddy's house, all of us reasonably good at the game. One guy had just lost, badly. His girlfriend got home, and we handed her the controller, saying he needed a break from butt wupping. She proceeded to flatten all of us in turn, regardless of what character we picked for her. No special moves, no plan, just mashing buttons. She left the room in stunned silence, telling us, that she didn't see what was so hard about that game!

We did start calling her in to play when anyone started getting too uppity. She eventually got really, intentionally, good at the game, but it is still one of those weird "WTFJH" moments.