Welshie13

Enhanced Infantry

8 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Why not? The box comes with 4 bodies, options for basic blaster or heavy weapon on two of them. If you want a heavy you need 5 models... so you need the Upgrade box +1 body... 

I misunderstood your post yeah you will need another one. 

17 hours ago, Tirion said:

more importantly with the clone upgrade pack... outside of commanders does anyone know of any Phase 1 clones that wore kamas?

I know some captains wore Kamas :D. Besides that mostly just Spec Ops. Maybe the Airborne's if they were around as phase 1's, I don't remember if they were.

19 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

I've played about a dozen games against droids and I've found that B1s are very unimpactful. I bet we will see lists running the bare minimum to maximize the separatists other tools.

That's interesting, as most competitive lists I've seen max out B1s in favor of other things.  Granted, there aren't a lot of other tools to go with right now, but even my limited experience with clankers shows they can wreck shop with a good roll. 

3 hours ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Only the ARC troopers as far as I know...

2 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Or poach the spare figure or figures from the core set rebels.

1 hour ago, ArcticJedi said:

I know some captains wore Kamas :D. Besides that mostly just Spec Ops. Maybe the Airborne's if they were around as phase 1's, I don't remember if they were.

that's what I thought, and I'm under the assumption we will be getting arcs. I guess if possible I'll just hold onto the kamas and whatnot for my P2s. 

thanks everyone for chiming in, it is appreciated.

my biggest worry I think with future clone releases is when we inevitably get the generic clone Commander he is going to be significantly worse than Rex. 

I have no issue with Rex being the best, but if I want a generic clone Commander to be some like Gree or Boy (let's be honest we're never getting them) I don't want a huge power gap between them and say Rex and Cody. 

2 hours ago, Tirion said:

my biggest worry I think with future clone releases is when we inevitably get the generic clone Commander he is going to be significantly worse than Rex. 

I have no issue with Rex being the best, but if I want a generic clone Commander to be some like Gree or Boy (let's be honest we're never getting them) I don't want a huge power gap between them and say Rex and Cody. 

So paint up your Cody/Rex to be whatever other commander you want if the rules aren't to your liking. 

On 10/18/2019 at 9:27 AM, Tirion said:

I wouldn't fear a huge power gap, at least in most respects.  I'd expect a generic Clone Commander to be about the same level of a step down as Veers to the Generic officer, maybe a bit less.  As someone that loves the Imperial officer, I don't see that as a huge problem.   The command cards won't be as powerful, of course, and I doubt he'd have the same combination of tactical/gunslinger/scouting party, but red defense die and a solid attack are almost guaranteed, and possibly inspire/spotter/take cover/etc.