Jump to content
Welshie13

Enhanced Infantry

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I still think the best thing about these packs is it is a way to get another squad/corps unit to table.

So can you use the specialists as ordinary troopers in "official" games? That's the only way I can see the math working out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

So can you use the specialists as ordinary troopers in "official" games? That's the only way I can see the math working out.

Well, I believe you can.   They provide the arms as other sculpts, with forgoing extra troopers, and using the commander, you can get another squad potentially.   There is a stormtrooper card in the spread, so it seems the intent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TauntaunScout said:

So can you use the specialists as ordinary troopers in "official" games? That's the only way I can see the math working out.

Yeah, you can. That's why they all come with the option of having their E-11 blaster rifles in addition to the heavy weapons. Without their special weapons, they're just alt-sculpt storms. I think the rebels have this capability too but don't quote me on that. I'd have to double-check what the pack said. Example: You've got your core set storms and an upgrade pack, you can run 4 storms + DLT and 4 storms + HH12, and then the 4 upgrade pack storms (with E-11's) and a DLT or HH12, plus an extra storm (optional) from the core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dcalov said:

Yeah, you can. That's why they all come with the option of having their E-11 blaster rifles in addition to the heavy weapons. Without their special weapons, they're just alt-sculpt storms. I think the rebels have this capability too but don't quote me on that. I'd have to double-check what the pack said. Example: You've got your core set storms and an upgrade pack, you can run 4 storms + DLT and 4 storms + HH12, and then the 4 upgrade pack storms (with E-11's) and a DLT or HH12, plus an extra storm (optional) from the core.

That's my main concern, the rebels. I haven't seen it spelled out that they do have spare arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TauntaunScout said:

That's my main concern, the rebels. I haven't seen it spelled out that they do have spare arms.

The article (before the split looking at just the Imps) sez:

"These upgrades can be seamlessly incorporated into your existing Stormtrooper and Rebel Trooper units to suit your strategy. At the same time, the heavy weapons miniatures can also be assembled with their standard weapons, giving you even more sculpts to choose from as you create your units!"

Looks very much like it applies to both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArcticJedi said:

HAHAHAHA *Maniacal laughter continues*

I have quoted you!

HAHAHAHAHA *Continue Maniacal Laughter*

Star Wars No GIF

I foresaw this as a possible outcome of my poor choice of words.. I guess it was a calculated risk.

10 minutes ago, Jedirev said:

The article (before the split looking at just the Imps) sez:

"These upgrades can be seamlessly incorporated into your existing Stormtrooper and Rebel Trooper units to suit your strategy. At the same time, the heavy weapons miniatures can also be assembled with their standard weapons, giving you even more sculpts to choose from as you create your units!"

Looks very much like it applies to both. 

Thanks for finding that. I thought I read somewhere that it applied to both but I couldn't remember the exact wording. I wonder if the same goes for clones/droids. I'm assuming so since they also come with a standard unit card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcalov said:

Star Wars No GIF

I foresaw this as a possible outcome of my poor choice of words.. I guess it was a calculated risk.

Thanks for finding that. I thought I read somewhere that it applied to both but I couldn't remember the exact wording. I wonder if the same goes for clones/droids. I'm assuming so since they also come with a standard unit card.

Also confirmed on discord (I think) when they were originally announced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 9:14 AM, TheHoosh said:

Yes, yes we can all agree that it is quite pointless

the math proves it. it is the least efficient offensive stormtrooper heavy weapon. though it does obviously offer you the highest crit chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree that the T-21 is useless. Will it replace the DLT across all squads? Of course not, it's more expensive and less reliable. But against armor and heavy cover, it's going to average getting more hits through thanks to the critical 2. I could see myself using one T-21 squad with recon intel deployed opposite a vehicle or a good heavy cover position on my opponent's side, have the T-21 help put more hits through dodge/heavy cover, or armor. 

For imps I'm more excited for the RT-97C. Don't give up the range 4 of the DLT, and a larger dice pool. Less consistency yes, and worse vs armor, but maybe better against light targets. Won't replace all my DLTs, it would be a real pain to grab 3-4 upgrade packs anyway, but I may try 1-2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So buying two upgrade boxes, and only with the core content, we can have:

5 x stormies + DLT

5 x stormies + HH12

4 x stormies + DLT (spare from the core)

4 x stormies + HH12 (spare from the core)

So four units... and buying another sotrmtrooper unit (normal unit) you can choose to put the new weapons instead of the special weapons... five squads with lots of diferent poses... that's a good idea...

FINALLY I can have an imperial ARMY with varied stormies!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 1:18 PM, R3dReVenge said:

Or that. Maybe 1 Standby or 1 Surge? Seems to fit the clones more.

Droids will probably involve multiple surges / or a way to remove ion tokens?

we already know droid one it a security droid it works with ai attack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R3dReVenge said:

That’s pretty lame.

not at all it allows you to not have to keep all your droids tight it give more option on your activation's i plan have at least two of these in my army. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

To be fair, it does give you a turn of getting to do something with your first action besides attack (if you don't have a face up order). 

 

2 hours ago, Fistofriles said:

not at all it allows you to not have to keep all your droids tight it give more option on your activation's i plan have at least two of these in my army. 

I've played about a dozen games against droids and I've found that B1s are very unimpactful. I bet we will see lists running the bare minimum to maximize the separatists other tools.

Edited by R3dReVenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

I've played about a dozen games against droids and I've found that B1s are very unimpactful. I bet we will see lists running the bear minimum to maximize the separatists other tools.

Good to know. They strike me as decent backline objective holders/Rapid Reinforcements blockers. Cheap enough you don't mind having them sit in the backline, but with enough wounds they can survive the occasional attack. Obviously we'll see what happens as units are released for CIS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Cusm said:

So how many do we have to buy to make a complete unit of Sandtroopers? Two and a normal Stormtrooper box?

You shouldn't need to buy any storm trooper boxes, each of the heavy weapons guys should come with arms for an E-11 and their heavy weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jcmonson said:

You shouldn't need to buy any storm trooper boxes, each of the heavy weapons guys should come with arms for an E-11 and their heavy weapon.

You can use just the upgrade box unless you want to put a heavy weapon in the squad, in which case you will need at least 1 spare body. 

Edited by Caimheul1313
clarification of comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...