Hey, with Path of Waves coming up soon. What do expect ? What do you want ? Personnaly, I really want an ashigaru school and more paterns from non-samurai artisant (Maybe even negative patern, like Poorly made : -1 damage, -1 deadliness -3 Rarity. Lower rarity meaning it's easier to forge.

16 hours ago, ChuiSaoul said:

Hey, with Path of Waves coming up soon. What do expect ? What do you want ? Personnaly, I really want an ashigaru school and more paterns from non-samurai artisant (Maybe even negative patern, like Poorly made : -1 damage, -1 deadliness -3 Rarity. Lower rarity meaning it's easier to forge.

I'd like to see more advice for honor gains and losses that reflect differences while playing ronin and Gaijin. More specific or colorful advantages, disadvantages, passions, adversities for diverse backgrounds.

Maybe a kata and description of paired knife wielding duels... but not holding my breath on that one.

The number one thing I want is mechanics for ronin groups. That probably means titles, but it could be kata.

It would be nice to have a ronin shugenja school. Just in general, but also so that I can run the Order of Isashi or other ronin shugenja groups.

I'd love to see rules for playing gaijin (schools and how to do family/clan bonuses).

A real map of Rokugan neighboring lands with more stuff. The one from LotBS was  quite empty sadly.

Ronin shugenja sounds nice and why not some elements for adults shugenja like the ability awaken later for some people.

19 minutes ago, Horvagab said:

Also, "unicorn" (aka rhino) stats in the game xD

Lol! Clearly 1 “unicorn” Is a match for 4 half-starved  lions. That’s what I took away from the novella! 

Things I want:

I’d certainly enjoy a few more ronin schools. A Ronin Shugenja sounds especially nice. And weird techniques from gaigin lands (katas, rituals ... whatever).

As I’ve said in another thread I’d really like some lore in how the Great Clans (and imperial families) interact with Ronin. For some it’s obvious. The Scorpion definitely use ronin as extra disposable muscle and middlemen in some of the schemes they want to keep “plausibly deniable.” And the Crab use them on the Wall. But others I don’t immediately see. What’s it like to be a wave man in Phoenix lands?

Some general lore might also be welcome on the types of roles ronin take in society. Ronin as bandits are different from samurai on a “gap year” are different from some “established” ronin groups that almost seem to be on the verge of minor clan status (Looking at the City of the Rich Frog). What other tropes show up a lot in Rokugan society?

Apart from ronin background info and a few variantions on duels for lower-class societies, I'd like some tweaks to basic systens for gaijin. Like a way how Burning Sands spellcasters do magic that use the same invocations but works and feels differently, to allow a foreigner PC that feels foreign.

Some background on the criminal underground would fit well. What are the yakusa of rokugan, and how do they manage in a world where all power is in the hand of the upper class? And more ob gambling (and cheating at gambling), one of the yakusa mainstays.

And finally, some meat for the intrigue mechanics would be welcome, like more objectives.

Edited by Harzerkatze

I'm curious what "gaijin" will mean here. Mainly because I'm looking forward to some of the gaijin from the Unicorn novella, as those were really interesting, and they may show up more in the lore after the events in there, so here I am hoping for that to pop up.

9 hours ago, Horvagab said:

I'm curious what "gaijin" will mean here. Mainly because I'm looking forward to some of the gaijin from the Unicorn novella, as those were really interesting, and they may show up more in the lore after the events in there, so here I am hoping for that to pop up.

I am also curious to see some gaijin that are not from the Ivory Kighdom, as cool as they are. Maybe, some more african or polynesian inspired gaijin could be cool. Like having the actual afrosamurai in your Ronin party.

19 hours ago, ChuiSaoul said:

I am also curious to see some gaijin that are not from the Ivory Kighdom, as cool as they are. Maybe, some more african or polynesian inspired gaijin could be cool. Like having the actual afrosamurai in your Ronin party.

The Islands of Spice and Silk are home to the Komori people - which, depending on source, are either an indigenous tribe who revere the local bat-spirits, or shape-shifting bat spirits themselves.

Linmei (Yoritomo's wife) is/was one.

(much in the same way some but not all of the Kitsune clan are actual Kitsune rather than just nature-loving samurai with a fox mon on their clothing).

I could see them as an Indonesian/Polynesian-esque group that might be interesting to look at - a Mantis equivalent to the Moto's "totally-not-gaijin-honest-but-kind-of-are" Steppe Nomad feel.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

On 10/17/2019 at 9:10 PM, Lord of the Seal said:

Dear Santa,

My name unpronounceable, i am 421 years old. This year, I have been naughty (come on, what did you expect !).

For Christmas I would like a Necromancer school, a Khadi title, and a Ghul creature.

Merry Christmas.

You won't get a Khadi title, since the old Legend of the Burning Sands is not part of FFG's access to the IP.  There is an entirely new set of peoples off to the west of Rokugan.

What Tonbo Karasu means, there are a ton of new possibilities for titles for unspeakable ancient horrors!

Actually, I was wondering whether the Dragon book might have rules on Yobanjin...though both Badger and Dragonfly could be the extra minor faction in the book.

19 hours ago, Horvagab said:

What Tonbo Karasu means, there are a ton of new possibilities for titles for unspeakable ancient horrors!

Actually, I was wondering whether the Dragon book might have rules on Yobanjin...though both Badger and Dragonfly could be the extra minor faction in the book.

I so want to hear more about The Cursed Sea, home of the drowned god Zeth, and the monsters and minions it spawns.

(Unsurprisingly) I'm really hoping for the Dragonfly in the 'Dragon book'.  I think even more so in FFG's continuity, the Dragonfly are the public face of the Dragon.  Before, they were kind of the 'receptionists' at the front desk, but now they appear to work for the Dragon further afield - in the new vision of Kaeru Toshi

Is there any word on when Path of Waves (and the associated adventure, Sins of Regret) will be released? They’ve been on preorder status for a long time, it seems. It would be nice to see these before the end of the year...

Thanks in advance!

12 minutes ago, tpm1ca said:

Is there any word on when Path of Waves (and the associated adventure, Sins of Regret) will be released? They’ve been on preorder status for a long time, it seems. It would be nice to see these before the end of the year...

Thanks in advance!

No idea, but I have been wondering the same thing :P

Edited by ChuiSaoul

Upcoming stuff is not reliable, there's all kinds of mis-matched products (one set of things can't be on the boat and then the other half of a mirror release is indev), including Sins of Regret "On The Boat" while Path of Waves is "InDev". 

1 hour ago, ChuiSaoul said:

But in the upcoming page it's still in the on devlopement categorie with mean they didn't send it to the printer so don't hold your breath. 

Thanks for pointing that out. That's disappointing. I wonder if the game isn't bringing in the kind of coin FFG had hoped? I've bought everything for it and would hate to see it abandoned...

Considering the overall topic of outsiders and the fringes of the Empire, I personally would love to see something on the Tortoise clan since they were mentioned in the Core Rulebook. If not there, I am hoping for a minor clan book in the near future. 

So far, they’ve put in some nice stuff for the Falcon and Deer and I am curious to see if they include a minor clan in Path of Waves. Whatever the case, I am enjoying FFG’s take on the Emerald Empire.

3 hours ago, tpm1ca said:

Thanks for pointing that out. That's disappointing. I wonder if the game isn't bringing in the kind of coin FFG had hoped? I've bought everything for it and would hate to see it abandoned...

Don't worry about it, it's selling very well. The core was very highly placed in charts when it came out and I believe physical had to be reprinted already. FFG's upcoming page is very unreliable, it will often mystically jump from say, "In Development" to "On The Boat", even skipping notification to customers it is printing, or sometimes skipping from Printing to Shipping (so no boat). It's not updated as frequently as one would hope and isn't very descriptive anyway. Like I pointed out above, Sins of Regret is "On The Boat", and it's paired with Path of Waves, since they're planned to come out together I can't imagine PoW to be that far behind. Still says Q4 this year. We'll know when it's actually close when marketing starts dropping preview articles. 

10 hours ago, Mongriff said:

Considering the overall topic of outsiders and the fringes of the Empire, I personally would love to see something on the Tortoise clan since they were mentioned in the Core Rulebook. If not there, I am hoping for a minor clan book in the near future. 

So far, they’ve put in some nice stuff for the Falcon and Deer and I am curious to see if they include a minor clan in Path of Waves. Whatever the case, I am enjoying FFG’s take on the Emerald Empire.

Tortoise are on the GM Screen with playable info, so we are probably not seeing them in another book.

I'm just curious whether we might see some more Minor Clan DLC pop up?

28 minutes ago, Horvagab said:

Tortoise are on the GM Screen with playable info, so we are probably not seeing them in another book.

I'm just curious whether we might see some more Minor Clan DLC pop up?

That would be awesome. The Mantis file was such a pleasant surprise.