Sign in to follow this  
Karneck

2019 VASSAL Autumn Tournament Report

3 hours ago, TigerKommandant said:

@Angry Ewok vs TigerKommandant

Angry Ewok chose 2nd and we played his Most Wanted. Objective ships were my ISD II and his GR75.

TigerKommandant's Score - 210

Angry Ewok's Score - 0

MOV 210 - 0, 7-3

Game started off slow as our fleets moved in position. My raider got caught between two CR90s but managed to slip out after taking a few scrapes here and there. Black dice on both sides were awful. His black die squadrons were blanking and my Raider External completely blanked out after OE. I was in a bad spot until round 4 just being out of range of his ships before I moved into range of his. By round 4 I had a target of a GR75 and blew it up. ISD now getting damaged on the shields. Warlord got hit but tanked it after engineering and Fleet commands. By round 5 I am able to last first. I moved my ISD into a double arc shot onto Ackbar's AF killing it before running off with 5 hull left on round 6. Warlord tanked the two CR90s close to killing one. Assault Frigates hurt when they roll hot. Started off slow but quickly became a damage race. Overall great game and goodluck to Angry Ewok on his remaining matches!

MOV 210 - isnt it a 8 : 3 ?

My match vs @Rikash is over.

Zam 397 vs 65 Rik

MOV 332 for a 10:1 win.

I had the bid and chose first this time, picking Fighter Ambush.

Rik deployed his SSD centrally behind the station. I deployed opposite with my Neb looking to take him head on.

We started shooting each other turn one and squads engaged straight away. I got some lucky with a triple-splash from Ten Numb and followed up next turn with my other fighters leaving him with only 1 squad at the end of turn 3. I was then able to concentrate on bombing the SSD. The SSD blasted Yavaris but I was able to speed up to double move away to safety. Vanguard then did the same the following turn. I lost my two flotillas on the same turn and Shara after doing her bit to tie up enemy squads. The SSD started running away on turn 4 and used Repairs to keep itself alive and limit my token farming to 9.

Thanks again Rikash for being such a good sport and playing late.

Now hopefully I'll get to see that SSD vs SSD match-up I've been hoping for :)

3 hours ago, Zamalekite said:

My match vs @Rikash is over.

Zam 397 vs 65 Rik

MOV 332 for a 10:1 win.

I had the bid and chose first this time, picking Fighter Ambush.

Rik deployed his SSD centrally behind the station. I deployed opposite with my Neb looking to take him head on.

We started shooting each other turn one and squads engaged straight away. I got some lucky with a triple-splash from Ten Numb and followed up next turn with my other fighters leaving him with only 1 squad at the end of turn 3. I was then able to concentrate on bombing the SSD. The SSD blasted Yavaris but I was able to speed up to double move away to safety. Vanguard then did the same the following turn. I lost my two flotillas on the same turn and Shara after doing her bit to tie up enemy squads. The SSD started running away on turn 4 and used Repairs to keep itself alive and limit my token farming to 9.

Thanks again Rikash for being such a good sport and playing late.

Now hopefully I'll get to see that SSD vs SSD match-up I've been hoping for :)

I love your list. I'm curious, does the CR90 ever see battle or is it just a lifeboat? I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned in your reports. 

Edited by Bertie Wooster

2 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I love your list. I'm curious, does the CR90 ever see battle or is it just a lifeboat? I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned in your reports. 

A point scoring lifeboat mainly. He's scored me 215 points so far :)

He did see some action vs LTD's CR90 swarm and RealVeer's MSU fleet. Normally the only combat is to come in towards the end to finish off a weak unit.

@Roquax @Green Squadron 3

Can I get a message that shows this? Also I'm willing to let you guys schedule a game for next week if you guys can make it happen. 
Otherwise @Green Squadron 3 do you need to drop from the tournament and I need to get someone else? Because I really don't want to see byes and concedes in the top 8 

On 11/3/2019 at 10:34 AM, Green Squadron 3 said:

Yes me to... i made an error when picking objectives for my list... should choose doomed station instead of hyperspace migration🤣

This did not help me - last time we met.  :D

AngryEwok vs Karneck
Karneck chose 2nd player
Objective played - Station Assault

Karneck scored 16
AngryEwok scored 250

AngryEwok total MOV 234, 9-2

Angry Ewok played it right in picking the objective, his deployment and ensuring all ships stayed at long range, he got some great rolls all game and I can't kill what I don't roll damage on.
Well played by him.

8 hours ago, Karneck said:

AngryEwok vs Karneck
Karneck chose 2nd player
Objective played - Station Assault

Karneck scored 16
AngryEwok scored 250

AngryEwok total MOV 234, 9-2

Angry Ewok played it right in picking the objective, his deployment and ensuring all ships stayed at long range, he got some great rolls all game and I can't kill what I don't roll damage on.
Well played by him.

Well played @Angry Ewok! Doing the rebels proud. I've got my game vs @jp82729 tonight. I'll try to not let the side down! 

@Karneck - I'm curious. Why did you pick 2nd? Vs smaller ships I'd have thought going first would make it easier to line up shots? Going first vs Rikash certainly helped me get out of arcs when I needed to.

@Zamalekite vs jp82729

Zamalekite chose 1st player

Objective played - Asteroid Tactics

jp82729 scored 38

Zamalekite scored 0

jp82729 total MOV: 38, 6-5

I have a terrible record against Rebel bombers, so going in Zamalekite's list was definitely not the one I wanted to see. Zamalekite chose my Asteroid Tactics. The Imperial fleet deployed in the corner behind a loose wall of obstacles, and recruited some local exogorths to help defend. The ISDs slow rolled, and the Rebel bombers hesitated to get too close with the exogorths hanging around. One ISD was able to pick off Shara with the a big linked turbolaser shot, and the other got Bright Hope when it wandered a little too close. The space slugs ended up not making a single attack against the Rebel squads, but did did their job in scaring them off. We ended up calling it after round 4 with the Rebel fleet peeling off and the ISDs and Gozantis running continuous repair commands.

Zamalekite was a great opponent and I enjoyed playing! Thanks again for staying up so late.

End of turn 4 when we called it:

End of 4.jpg

Edited by jp82729

Thanks for the game @jp82729!

I narrowly had the bid so picked first hoping he'd have Contested Outpost which would give me a focal point to attack, but he had Asteroid Tactics which I'd never played before and fancied seeing how exogorths played, so I picked it. I certainly didn't consider how effective the objective would be as a turtling tactic vs a fleet l like mine! 

JP setup as he described and I setup centrally with the plan to target his nearest ISD and engage it as it passed over the rock wall. But JP slowed to speed 0 and slow balled meaning my engagement point would be right on the overlap of the two slugs. Getting 2x3 blue attacks on each squad, plus ISD flak with LTTs and his two squads would mean certain doom for me. He'd also effectively pirouetted his ISDs to set up a fearsome gun line for my Nebs. So after 3 turns advancing straight at speed 2 I turned away with my ships. I was hoping that waving some sweet Nebulon B *** at the ISD would entice it to chase me and I'd have a chance to engage away from the slugs. But he didn't take the bait, so I disengaged and was then facing the wrong way to take him so we called it.

The few shots we had in the game were also cursed by the dice gods! I didn't get a single hit with my black bombing dice and his 2 front arc shots rolled 4 blanks before modification! The game seemed doomed to be low scoring :(

Rikash vs Karneck
Karneck chose 1st player
Objective played - Fighter Ambush

Karneck scored 169
Rikash scored 430

Rikash total MOV 235, 9-2

Great game by Rikash, an SSD with fighters beats out an SSD with no fighters. :D

1 hour ago, Karneck said:

Rikash vs Karneck
Karneck chose 1st player
Objective played - Fighter Ambush

Karneck scored 169
Rikash scored 430

Rikash total MOV 235, 9-2

Great game by Rikash, an SSD with fighters beats out an SSD with no fighters. :D

To be more specific an SSD with generic squads and Rhymer beats an SSD with no squads ;)

I think Rikash's build was very well suited for this match up! 

JP82729 vs Roquax

Roquax chose first player

Objective - Solar Corona

JP82729 scored 400

Roquax scored 230

JP82729 total MOV 170, 8-3

I was able to force an early Raddus drop on turn 2 by cornering the flagship. Picked it off and them spun my ISDs around with Jerry, nav commands and Take evasive action to barely finish off the Liberty. Roquax's squads and Liberty were able to down my flagship ISD, a Gozanti and both my squads. Great game against a great opponent. Pictures here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kawJ0oYbb9A1GzsTj5h3rd2Rey4euQYO?usp=sharing

@Zamalekite, an 8-3 or above wins it all for you!

Edited by jp82729