Sign in to follow this  
Karneck

2019 VASSAL Autumn Tournament Report

Something different: Are there no log files from the games? Unfortunately, I have only a log file from the first half of the game but not from the second. But if there are log files available, please upload them. I think this is one of the most interesting parts of vassal, to have a look to the games, especially with all the new RitR-stuff.

12 minutes ago, 187-Leon said:

Rapid Reload vs 187-Leon
Rapid Reload was 1st
Tageting Beacons

187-Leon 126

Rapid Reload  0

187-Leon total MOV 126 ==> 7 : 4

I like the tweaks you've made to your fleet ;)

Did the Moralo tricks work this time? 

17 minutes ago, Zamalekite said:

I like the tweaks you've made to your fleet ;)

Did the Moralo tricks work this time? 

Yep, it works  very well. Moralo was down to 1 hull in round 3 or 4. But at the end of the game Moralo was Full of Health, killed  the z95s, Matt Martin and with the help of the other the cr90 and Hit down the pelta on 1 hull.

Rikash vs @medaloffairness  ends with victory for the Empire! 400 vs. 181 was the final score for a 219 MOV. 

Rikash was given first despite losing the bid.

Rift Ambush was the objective of choice and had a major impact.

I made the choice to pick the more interesting Rift Ambush (which I've only played once and MoF never at all) instead of Superior Positions without thinking about Ezra Bridger.This became a game of avoiding my SSD getting trapped on the gravity rift (he got me briefly) while whittling down the squads. Grav Rift was in the middle with a spread of terrain around it. I deployed to the right and MoF to the left. I hard turned to get ahead of him (landing on and delaying my squads) and put myself dangerously close to the rift (but not where Ezra could push it ahead of me). I managed to put the SSD ahead of him and his ships didn't have the commands or tokens to slow down in time. Bright hope died to a multitude of ram damage (some self inflicted) while Yavaris died to two side arc double arcs (and zombie- double rammed me thanks to the objective). I miscalculated and had a shield dial overlap the rift, leaving me to take a couple rounds of defense-tokenless shots while I waited for the objective movement to get me off the station. Thankfully the first turn MoF wasn't in position to take great advantage of the opportunity. My squads did eventually triumph but weren't fated to do much damage to ships themselves. Instead, the MC80 died as it rammed the SSD twice (thanks to the rift) and landed on the rock at the same time (8 hull damage taken with 4 faceup from rocks).

Log to be found here (probably doesn't have turn 1 or a bit of turn 2): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IfeDYu8El4jqPC9XrM6frnvSGUoLM_0f

Edited by Rikash

2 hours ago, Rikash said:

Rikash vs @medaloffairness  ends with victory for the Empire! 400 vs. 181 was the final score for a 219 MOV. 

Rikash was given first despite losing the bid.

Rift Ambush was the objective of choice and had a major impact.

I made the choice to pick the more interesting Rift Ambush (which I've only played once and MoF never at all) instead of Superior Positions without thinking about Ezra Bridger.This became a game of avoiding my SSD getting trapped on the gravity rift (he got me briefly) while whittling down the squads. Grav Rift was in the middle with a spread of terrain around it. I deployed to the right and MoF to the left. I hard turned to get ahead of him (landing on and delaying my squads) and put myself dangerously close to the rift (but not where Ezra could push it ahead of me). I managed to put the SSD ahead of him and his ships didn't have the commands or tokens to slow down in time. Bright hope died to a multitude of ram damage (some self inflicted) while Yavaris died to two side arc double arcs (and zombie- double rammed me thanks to the objective). I miscalculated and had a shield dial overlap the rift, leaving me to take a couple rounds of defense-tokenless shots while I waited for the objective movement to get me off the station. Thankfully the first turn MoF wasn't in position to take great advantage of the opportunity. My squads did eventually triumph but weren't fated to do much damage to ships themselves. Instead, the MC80 died as it rammed the SSD twice (thanks to the rift) and landed on the rock at the same time (8 hull damage taken with 4 faceup from rocks).

Log to be found here (probably doesn't have turn 1 or a bit of turn 2): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IfeDYu8El4jqPC9XrM6frnvSGUoLM_0f

I love the writeup, please do more. That said, please make sure you are mentioning whom actually was the winner. ;) I figured it out with the reading but its nice to have it spelled out.

@xanderf vs @Realadmiralsdoitinspace
At 399 pts, RealAdmirals had the choice and gave me 1st player
We played his 'Doomed Station' objective (which I have to say is a heck of a lot of fun)

RealAdmirals got 520 from tabling me, plus VP tokens each turn by keeping the station away from the rift.

I still manage to kill all but 1 of his ships...it was just really, really expensive.  Only scored 254 pts in the end.

Net-net thus a 9-2 win for RealAdmirals with 266 MoV.

@187-Leon vs The Jabbawookie

Leon was 1st player

Objective played - Planetary Ion Cannon

Leon scored 45

The Jabbawookie scored 400

The Jabbawookie wins, total MOV 355, 10-1

The squadron fight started early with the Lambdas trying to pull PIC tokens over to their edge.  Moralo was a little far forward and got sniped in exchange for Saber.  Pryce got Demo into a bad position post attack run (ion cannon, front arc and Maarek) and Harrow missed the double arc at medium range while Avenger got it, which meant Avenger killed them and the Quasar to survive on 2 hull.  So basically a series of little things that snowballed.  Leon played a tight game even with an awkward matchup and some difficult choices.  Thanks for a fun match!

Edited by The Jabbawookie

27 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

@187-Leon vs The Jabbawookie

Leon was 1st player

Objective played - Planetary Ion Cannon

Leon scored 45

The Jabbawookie scored 400

The Jabbawookie wins, total MOV 355, 10-1

The squadron fight started early with the Lambdas trying to pull PIC tokens over to their edge.  Moralo was a little far forward and got sniped in exchange for Saber.  Pryce got Demo into a bad position post attack run (ion cannon, front arc and Maarek) and Harrow missed the double arc at medium range while Avenger got it, which meant Avenger killed them and the Quasar to survive on 2 hull.  So basically a series of little things that snowballed.  Leon played a tight game even with an awkward matchup and some difficult choices.  Thanks for a fun match!

Thx for the game.

i really have to learn beeing first with that Fleet. My biggest mistake was to grab that Token in the first round and to navigate my Harrow in Medium Range to avenger. Never a good idea 😩

Keskai vs @TigerKommandant

Keskai was 1st
Most Wanted

TigerKommandant - 315

Keskai -0

TigerKomandant wins MOV 315 10-1

Good game, his raider deployment through off my thought process early on and I rushed my Raddus drop and didn't place it aggressive enough to get and real impact from it. Overall I was not aggressive enough this round and TigerKommandant expertly took advantage of it and escaped my poorly laid trap.

Back to mid pack I go and look forward to my next opponent! TigerKommandant Good luck in your future matches!

LTD vs @Irishmadcat

Roll off LTD won, chose second.

We played Sensor Net.

I managed to table Irishmadcat with two double rams in the last round.

Score was LTD 550 vs Irishmadcat with 250 - 10/1 mov 300

Here is the logfile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YgxIFsXd1ZvyBECCVKYtUwAKa5fU3IoM

Thanks to madcat for a good game with some horrendous rolling on his part, and some very lucky natural doubles on mine.

Cheers!

Edited by LTD
Wrong score for Madcat

23 minutes ago, LTD said:

LTD vs @Irishmadcat

We played Sensor Net.

Score was LTD 550 vs Irishmadcat with 350 - 10/1 mov 300

Here is the logfile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YgxIFsXd1ZvyBECCVKYtUwAKa5fU3IoM

Thanks to madcat for a good game with some horrendous rolling on his part, and some very lucky natural doubles on mine.

Cheers!

550-350=200

22 minutes ago, Karneck said:

Yeah 200 mov and a 8-3.

7 hours ago, LTD said:

LTD vs @Irishmadcat

We played Sensor Net.

Score was LTD 550 vs Irishmadcat with 350 - 10/1 mov 300

Cheers!

6 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

550-350=200

So i think scored 251 not 350

Edited by Irishmadcat

Sorry, late night posting error.

I still get 250 for Irishmadcat Not 350 as originally posted 

CR90 Corvette A (44)
• General Rieekan (30)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
= 89 Points