Decan Mabu

scratchbuilt rigged G9 Freighter

Hello Again.

Long time not making a new project, now I’m preparing a new ship for the Republic faction.

I saw they do not have at the moment any kind of big ship (as much as they have is the ARC 170 and is a medium sized ship) 

First of all I had a look on the Clone Wars TV serie the ship Anakin and Asoka used on several misión, and having a look on several books as well as Wookieepedia I found the size is 34 m, very similar than the YT-1300.

Second I saw this type of ship has been used by many other characters (Thrawn, Pirates, Bridget family...) so it can also fit on many other factions, so I started to find some. diagrams, drawing and pictures to make me and idea of how it looks like and in order to prepare my drawings and blueprints...

I had made several pictures during the process I’m going to attach just to so the advance of the project.

Please feel free to share comments and questions, I’ll do my best to answer them. 

EFC61AEE-A036-4E17-B91D-A7835DB43858_zps

Edited by Decan Mabu

Photobucket has been letting us down for many years now. Try imgur.com.

After you login, hover your mouse on your username (in the top right) and click on "images" then you can add images. once uploaded, click on the thumbnail image that you want to use and a window pops up. Then click "Copy"on the BBCode option. Then you can paste that into your FFG post. You won't see a pic until you submit your response. Until then, it's just text.

Fsp2PQj.jpg

17 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Photobucket has been letting us down for many years now. Try imgur.com.

After you login, hover your mouse on your username (in the top right) and click on "images" then you can add images. once uploaded, click on the thumbnail image that you want to use and a window pops up. Then click "Copy"on the BBCode option. Then you can paste that into your FFG post. You won't see a pic until you submit your response. Until then, it's just text.

Fsp2PQj.jpg

many thanks!!!

here now with more details on the main structure.

I made the diagrams/templates ready to be printed on sticker paper to be added on to the plasticard, cardboard or vinil sheets, so I can cut directly there, bend and glue ready to make the frame and some paneling details...

rzyyikX.jpg

p8fWfcQ.jpg

Edited by Decan Mabu