Sign in to follow this  
buckero0

When do we get the Jedi Interceptor

My minimum expectation is a force version of Concordia Faceoff. After all, FTC are later mimicked by autothrusters, the Delta 7 configs by Vonreg's ship ability, and Naboo's Full Throttle later implemented by Empire. Any new ship mechanic would be gravy.

It might be some time tho. The LAAT is a fan favorite and Republic could use a gunship.

As much as i want this ship, i hope it's far down the line. For me i want to see the LAAT, V-wing, the twilight(really want a large base ship), and a coordinate shuttle(Nu or Eta class).

We already have a jedi ship, so until all these are out, we dont really need another.

It's the one ship I've ALWAYS felt deserves four green dice. I know that seems powerful, but it is also definitely the squishiest ship in the game to be. I mean, it doesn't even HAVE shields, and it's the size of a goram SPEEDER.

This would definitely feature an older Ahsoka though.

11 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

It's the one ship I've ALWAYS felt deserves four green dice. I know that seems powerful, but it is also definitely the squishiest ship in the game to be. I mean, it doesn't even HAVE shields, and it's the size of a goram SPEEDER.

Would a 2-4-2-0 statline with an appropriate ship ability be acceptable?

Depending on ship ability and dial, I'd probably fly an Eta-2 with that statline.

Edited by Subhntr

5 minutes ago, Subhntr said:

4 green dice base Jedi is setting off alarm bells in the back of my head. If the ship and pilot abilities do not involve a defensive boost affecting its defense rolls it should balance out though due to the 2 hp you're suggesting.

Slot wise Cannon, Astromech, and Force Talent (where applicable).

I wouldn't mind if it were almost identical to the TIE Advanced, with ATC, Same dial, but make 3 hard red, so it will fly different than a Delta. Low initiative pilots would just take passive sensors, so they are still playable.  It can have s-foils to reduce red turns to to white while removing any target locks you have and making the TL a red action while closed. Cannon instead of missiles. 

2 hours ago, Subhntr said:

Depending on ship ability and dial, I'd probably fly an Eta-2 with that statline.

If not for the existence of Cannons I would suggest 3 firepower, as it DOES canonically have MUCH greater firepower than the Delta-7 Aethersprite. But also much more fragile.

2 hours ago, Manolox said:

.....yoda

He DOES fly one in BFII2! Not the correct one, technically, but hey, who cares.

54 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

If not for the existence of Cannons I would suggest 3 firepower, as it DOES canonically have MUCH greater firepower than the Delta-7 Aethersprite. But also much more fragile.

He DOES fly one in BFII2! Not the correct one, technically, but hey, who cares.

Could you imagine if he did have that micro ship of his? Lord that would be a hard target to hit.

4 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

This would definitely feature an older Ahsoka though.

And Yoda pilot!!!

If they ever make Yoda's Jedi Interceptor, I do think that would be among the first ships to have 4 green evade. VERY small profile.

bkqs7dn35mgz.jpg

latest?cb=20140727192854

But even more than this, I just want R2-D2 as an astromech for the Republic. I don't really even care what he does. I need my Ani-R2 pair.

I absolutely LOATHE Yoda's custom Eta... like... REALLY!?! They waste all those credits on a custom TINY FIGHTER when you could spend WAAAAAY less on just altering the cockpit? Give the friggin muppet a booster seat and some extenders for the controls? A stick to push some of the hard to reach buttons? Just... ugh... dumb. Everything about it bugs me.

ANYWAY, back on topic... I doubt we'll see this thing with a native 4 evade... do you know how ungodly ridiculous that would be? Beyond the 4 dice, these pilots would also have the force to modify their dice no matter what. Just... no thank you. What I DO see happening is 3 attack, 3 evade, 3 hull, no shields, cannon slot, and droid slot. Standard action: Focus, boost, barrel roll, purple evade, maybe a target lock? "But they're supposed to be SUPER agile!" I hear you! Link a purple or red evade to the boost/barrel roll action.

But please, do NOT ask for a 4 evade ship that has access to unrestricted dice modifiers. 

How about something even more radical, like making it completely reliant on the Force for dice mods? 

For example, the ship ability could be;

While you defend or perform an attack, you can modify your dice only by spending force.

(1x recurring charge) You may spend a charge to either;

Spend 1 force to reroll a single blank result OR spend 2 force to change a single blank result to a hit or evade result.

Then the actions can just be boost or barrel roll, with the option of a linked red evade, to represent the agility of the ship. If that feels limited, you could also consider a purple Jam action as a ‘Jedi Mind Tricks’ option...

The Aethersprite is basically the republic equivalent of an A-wing (2 3 3 1), or with the delta-7B an X-wing (3 2 3 3), so imho the Eta-2 shoud be something similar to an Imperial Interceptor (3 3 3 0) or a scum Fang fighter (3 3 4 0). My guess would be a stat line like: 3 3 2 1, same actions and ship ability (fine-tuned controls) like the Aethersprite, but with the addition of a cannon-slot (giving you the option of HLC instead of CLT).  

Perhaps, an altered version of fine-tuned-controls (could be a configuration) to mitigate the low hull-shield stat to: 
"After you fully execute a maneuver, you may spend 1 <force> to perform a <boost>, or <barrel-roll>,  or <evade> action"
, allowing the pilot to token up with focus+evade+force (on a high force user), like soontir in the old days. 

17 hours ago, Subhntr said:

My ideal for the Eta-2 would for it to be the most maneuverable fighter in the game.  2-4-2-0 stat line.  Focus, evade, boost, and barrel roll actions.  Force, astromech, and configuration upgrades.  Minimum 2 force for all pilots (generic Jedi masters).  Same basic maneuvers as the Delta 7 plus 3 turns.  Purple 2k, 4k, and 3 talons, no red maneuvers.  Ship ability of "After you execute a maneuver you may spend 1 [force] and gain 1 strain token to boost or barrel roll (this is not an action)".  It would also come with an S-foils configuration - Closed: After you perform an action, you may perform a white boost or barrel roll action.  Open: After you perform an attack you may perform a bonus attack against the same target.  After the performing the second attack, gain 1 disarm token.

2 hours ago, Asaverino1019 said:

My ideal for the Eta-2 would for it to be the most maneuverable fighter in the game.  2-4-2-0 stat line.  Focus, evade, boost, and barrel roll actions.  Force, astromech, and configuration upgrades.  Minimum 2 force for all pilots (generic Jedi masters).  Same basic maneuvers as the Delta 7 plus 3 turns.  Purple 2k, 4k, and 3 talons, no red maneuvers. 

Purple maneuvers would be very cool.

EDIT: don't forget the cannon slot.

Edited by Odanan

10 hours ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

I absolutely LOATHE Yoda's custom Eta... like... REALLY!?! They waste all those credits on a custom TINY FIGHTER when you could spend WAAAAAY less on just altering the cockpit? Give the friggin muppet a booster seat and some extenders for the controls? A stick to push some of the hard to reach buttons? Just... ugh... dumb. Everything about it bugs me.

ANYWAY, back on topic... I doubt we'll see this thing with a native 4 evade... do you know how ungodly ridiculous that would be? Beyond the 4 dice, these pilots would also have the force to modify their dice no matter what. Just... no thank you. What I DO see happening is 3 attack, 3 evade, 3 hull, no shields, cannon slot, and droid slot. Standard action: Focus, boost, barrel roll, purple evade, maybe a target lock? "But they're supposed to be SUPER agile!" I hear you! Link a purple or red evade to the boost/barrel roll action.

But please, do NOT ask for a 4 evade ship that has access to unrestricted dice modifiers. 

With 2 hull, it's valid.