SIZE Matters ...

9 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Chart is fully expandable. 

tzyrz33t94r31.jpg

Some stats are wrong. Like:

Rebel Transport is 90 meters.

Arquitens (not Arqiens) is 325 meters.

And I didn't find the Nebulon-B Frigate

Time to play "Where's Starship" (sort of like Where's Waldo)

Starship to look for

The Great Fox from Star Fox

Star Fox Team, 890 meters

I rearranged it from franchise, faction, ship class, and size to ship class and franchise, followed by faction and size.

Edited by Marinealver

16 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Time to play "Where's Starship" (sort of like Where's Waldo)

Starship to look for

The Great Fox from Star Fox

Star Fox Team, 890 meters

I rearranged it from franchise, faction, ship class, and size to ship class and franchise, followed by faction and size.

This is actually an incorrect length. It's 890 space meters! What the **** is a Space Meter? My goodness, NOBODY seems to know! But hear me out, me and a friend deduced The Great Fox's size some time ago!

So Fox McCloud is 5'8. I can't show my work because I'm at a different setup right now, but I compared a bunch of images- such as Fox in the cockpit of SFZ's Arwing and scaled Fox to fit. That way I got the proper scale of the most iconic Arwing's shape. (SFZ's is literally just 64's, with extra transformation features and zero silhouette changes to really make note of.)

So Fox McCloud is 1.5m tall- and using their height, we can get a good scale on the Arwing, which is just about 7.8m long. This lines up with basically every title BUT Star Fox Assault.

So we're at about 3.5sm for every actual metric meter.

By the end of it, we get a Great Fox that's NO larger than 260m long. Now you might think this is bunk, but let me go ahead and show you that it's not. Behold.

Taking the most recent game that is consistent with most other depictions, you can very clearly see ROB-64 at the timestamp.

So yeah. About 270m.

My girlfriend has informed me that "sm" for Space Meter, is basically just a foot. She's right. Told you people she's smarter than me.

On 2/9/2020 at 5:31 PM, KCDodger said:

This is actually an incorrect length. It's 890 space meters! What the **** is a Space Meter? My goodness, NOBODY seems to know! But hear me out, me and a friend deduced The Great Fox's size some time ago!

So Fox McCloud is 5'8. I can't show my work because I'm at a different setup right now, but I compared a bunch of images- such as Fox in the cockpit of SFZ's Arwing and scaled Fox to fit. That way I got the proper scale of the most iconic Arwing's shape. (SFZ's is literally just 64's, with extra transformation features and zero silhouette changes to really make note of.)

So Fox McCloud is 1.5m tall- and using their height, we can get a good scale on the Arwing, which is just about 7.8m long. This lines up with basically every title BUT Star Fox Assault.

So we're at about 3.5sm for every actual metric meter.

By the end of it, we get a Great Fox that's NO larger than 260m long. Now you might think this is bunk, but let me go ahead and show you that it's not. Behold.

Taking the most recent game that is consistent with most other depictions, you can very clearly see ROB-64 at the timestamp.

So yeah. About 270m.

My girlfriend has informed me that "sm" for Space Meter, is basically just a foot. She's right. Told you people she's smarter than me.

I just took the information from the poster.

So I assume you were able to find it? Post up a different ship to find then.

7 hours ago, Marinealver said:

I just took the information from the poster.

So I assume you were able to find it? Post up a different ship to find then.

Huh? No I just did the research, unlike half of this damned poster.

Really nice poster, especially as it does some of the more obscure scifi stuff.

Selection is a bit awkward in some cases, the x-th Honorverse combat ship e.g., as out of necessity they all look rather similar and thus bland. There it would have been nice to cut down a bit on the numbers, and instead put in the Honorverse "Sirius" Q-ship. As well as e.g. the Galaxy Quest anatagonist "K'ragk-Vort't".

And some sizes are off.

E.g. I do not buy the "Fhloston Paraside" being that small, only 250meters.

4 hours ago, Managarmr said:

Really nice poster, especially as it does some of the more obscure scifi stuff.

Selection is a bit awkward in some cases, the x-th Honorverse combat ship e.g., as out of necessity they all look rather similar and thus bland. There it would have been nice to cut down a bit on the numbers, and instead put in the Honorverse "Sirius" Q-ship. As well as e.g. the Galaxy Quest anatagonist "K'ragk-Vort't".

And some sizes are off.

E.g. I do not buy the "Fhloston Paraside" being that small, only 250meters.

They also list the Bebop's name as Jet... so, nice poster if you ignore the text.