Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

The Resistance Full Season 2 Ep 1 & 2 (new)

You know I was pleasantly surprised by the first season, and this episode was decent as well.

34 minutes ago, Packerman29 said:

The ones that matter. 

98431D56-E2D7-4A5A-8A1D-4652CFBA7949.jpeg

Ummm... ok

9 hours ago, Packerman29 said:

The ones that matter. 

You have not watched The Mandalorian and you have decided it's good enough to matter? The reverse goes for The Rise of Skywalker. You haven't seen it either and already dismiss it by saying it doesn't matter? I'm also not sure what you mean by "the ones that matter". Solo is not integral to the over all story and therefore, I would argue, doesn't matter. Rogue One answered a sort of plot whole in A New Hope but that film still works without the explanation provided in Rogue One (I certainly like Solo and rogue one as a whole.) Are you simply saying you don't care about Resistance and the Sequel Trilogy?

11 hours ago, Packerman29 said:

The ones that matter. 

Jeez, this chart is a joke.  I mean, why is Solo not marked off?  Other than Mimban, that movie was terrible! 

Otherwise, yeah, pretty accurate.  Only time will tell on The Mandalorian.

This got me to watch the first episode of Resistance, and I was pleasantly surprised! It's not as bad as I had anticipated(and by that I mean it's good, besides the fact that Kazuno is able to quit the New Republic Navy and join the Resistance too fast in my opinion).  It seams good story wise, but I prefer the old Clone Wars style of animation. The characters seem pretty okay.

-Arctic

-Freddie Prince Jr. Video

I don't know a lot of kids who can afford miniature gaming, on the other hand.  Maybe it's for adults too?

Edited by Dansome1

On 10/11/2019 at 2:30 AM, Dansome1 said:

-Freddie Prince Jr. Video

I don't know a lot of kids who can afford miniature gaming, on the other hand.  Maybe it's for adults too?

It's just the usual reactionary ranting that some hypersensitive creatives go off on when their work and/or IRL viewpoint is criticised. "You thought Female Character was poorly written? Yeah well, you're just totes like a SEXIST! Hah whadda ya think about THAT one eh neckbeard!", with a hefty dose of "It's just for children you sadsack neeeeerrrrd, who cares about quality or internal consistency, go back to your mom's basement lol".

It's particularly hilarious coming from someone like this galoot, given the franchise wouldn't even have been around for him to get involved in at all if it hadn't been for generations of fans of all ages "taking Star Wars too seriously" for decades, ensuring it remained popular enough to justify the eventual cartoon that employed him.

It's nothing new though, "artists" often hold fans of the fictions they're employed to work with in some level of contempt, especially any who dare to take the property more seriously than they do.

2 hours ago, Yodhrin said:

It's nothing new though, "artists" often hold fans of the fictions they're employed to work with in some level of contempt, especially any who dare to take the property more seriously than they do.

When “fans” start making personal attacks on an actors appearance, race, or otherwise harass said actors, is in any doubt that some hold them in contempt.  

Make all the remarks you want about, the direction of a film, script, dialogue, etc. Fine.   Do it without personal attacks, condescending appellations or bigotry.  

8 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

When “fans” start making personal attacks on an actors appearance, race, or otherwise harass said actors, is in any doubt that some hold them in contempt.  

Make all the remarks you want about, the direction of a film, script, dialogue, etc. Fine.   Do it without personal attacks, condescending appellations or bigotry.  

I regret I have but one upvote to give. 

On 10/8/2019 at 8:44 PM, Packerman29 said:

The ones that matter. 

I can’t say what matters to anyone but myself, and I’m uncertain about the Mandalorian as of now. I dislike the sequels, and the whole “reset button” story to take everything back to the same ragtag rebellion (Resistance) vs evil empire (First Order) dynamic as the original trilogy. 

So, short of the jury being out on the Mandalorian, I PERSONALLY agree with the chart. Solo was reasonable entertaining, and much better than I expected, and the rest I don’t even feel the need to explain. To varying degrees, I’ve enjoyed everything on the list up through Ep. VI.