Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Your Future Resistance Operatives

12 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

No, but she will have one that awards a victory point every time their opponent drones on about how much they hate The Last Jedi.  😜

Rose Tico

1 Pip Command Card

Triggered Fanboy

Tell your opponent that you are going to win not by fighting what you hate, but saving what you love. Then, for the rest of the game, every time that your opponent tells you how much he hate The Last Jedi or that Rose Tico is one of the worst character in the Star Wars universe, gives 2 Suppression tokens to all of his units and 1 Dodge token to all of yours.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:56 PM, RyantheFett said:

Give it two years and we will get them. They really need the comics/games/books to fill out the support/heavy options. First Order is close, but Resistance has like no vehicles right now I can think off. Scum should be next as well imo.

As for play style I can totally see Resistance being just like their xwing counterpart and what others in here have said. Small armies based off of strong heros and abilites.

First Order I am not sure. GAR took the spot of strong elite units/leaders that are expensive.

I imagine the first order is between the GAR and the Empire in terms of units.  I don't believe the First Order stormtroopers are actually better soldiers in terms of training they just have the best gear available.  Given that we have seen Imperial stormtroopers fight and crush trained soldiers with a massive defensive advantage where as the First Order troops haven't had such an on screen tests yet.

The one thing that keeps being brought up in the material is they are brainwashed and programed from a young age.  I would represent this fanatical devotion by either giving them a native courage of 2, or by a special rule that doesn't allow them to panic, but instead limits their action to a shoot action if they have a panic token.

2 hours ago, chr335 said:

I imagine the first order is between the GAR and the Empire in terms of units.  I don't believe the First Order stormtroopers are actually better soldiers in terms of training they just have the best gear available.

Oh snap never thought of that and yet it is still just steals the idea from X-wing. The First Order will have a special slot on their units that could make them more high tech then the rest. 

2 hours ago, jcmonson said:

The one thing that keeps being brought up in the material is they are brainwashed and programed from a young age.  I would represent this fanatical devotion by either giving them a native courage of 2, or by a special rule that doesn't allow them to panic, but instead limits their action to a shoot action if they have a panic token.

Not a bad idea either. Really the two main things about the First Order is the brainwashing and the advance looking tech/weapons. Their size and their skill are never really seen in the comics/movies/books. At least Legion wise I think they set it up that Clones are the best of the best while Empire is the middle ground of all units. 

On 10/7/2019 at 11:55 AM, Uetur said:

A lot of people have said this but IMO there isn't enough content to make Legion work based on the new trilogy.   I also think the content is a little too similar to what we already have.  

And isn't that a shame? I'm not going to dump on the sequels, it's Star Wars and I love Star Wars, but they had so much they could have done and so much they could have CREATED... but instead they chose to rehash what's already been done. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that we got re-skinned rebels and empire and the same general storyline. My fingers are crossed that EP.9 redeems the sequel trilogy.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for FO and Resistance to make it in someday, I just wish they weren't so similar to what we've got. My biggest issue with both of them as factions is that they feel so unimaginative. The issue isn't that there isn't enough content for them, the issue is how objectively similar they are to the content we have. I want them in the game but I want them to be clearly distinguishable. And I think we can do that to a degree, as has been discussed, but Disney really hasn't left us much wiggle room. FO AT-ST.. it's an AT-ST.. with FO weapons.. FO stormtroopers.. they're stormtroopers.. but brainwashed. Praetorian guard.. they're the royal guard.. but praetorian?? I'm not going through the resistance too but you can see what I take issue with. I thank/praise Disney for revitalizing Star Wars, but I curse them for relying on the IP and putting in minimal creative effort given the massive amount of creative potential they had to work with. End of rant.

Edited by Dcalov