Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Your Future Resistance Operatives

I think it would be a wasted business opportunity for FFG to not do the FO/resistance. There are plenty of people that like these characters and invested themselves in the sequel trilogy. While I am not a fan of the Sequel Trilogy I still value it it as a part of the whole.

So while I wouldnt put my money into any of those factions...I would like to see them come alive on the table

16 minutes ago, Docgimmethenews said:

I think it would be a wasted business opportunity for FFG to not do the FO/resistance. There are plenty of people that like these characters and invested themselves in the sequel trilogy. While I am not a fan of the Sequel Trilogy I still value it it as a part of the whole.

So while I wouldnt put my money into any of those factions...I would like to see them come alive on the table

I think we'll see an FO/Resistance. Based on what I've seen in the movies, I think FO could be a complete faction with new models and different playstyle then Republic or Imperials. For the resistance, I feel like it would be new hero's, operatives and maybe some vehicles with existing troops (new cards for them but not models).

Yawn

You guys keep trying to shove this down our throats.

There's not enough content honestly. It has little to do with how nad or good the trilogy is.

Clones and separatists works because of the content created over a decade of movies books and tv shows. The previous trilogy has had 40 years of such and still has more addedto it from Rebels and Rogue One.

Scum and Mercs as a faction makes more sense due to all the lore from 10 movies new Mandalore movie, tv shows comics etc.

I don't think they can make a full-fledged army from the new movies and not have more than 3-4 options total, much less fill out 3 options in troop, special, support etc

I seriously DO think that the resistance can be done.   Even currently as is, but not in the same way as other armies.   

Here’s the idea.   With such a small band of people, they need to be bolder and push themselves, so why not an army of heroes?   

Lets use Finn..  he may not be a leader, but he is a trained soldier and does a lot of fighting now I wager, so HE becomes a unique Corps option.    

Give it two years and we will get them. They really need the comics/games/books to fill out the support/heavy options. First Order is close, but Resistance has like no vehicles right now I can think off. Scum should be next as well imo.

As for play style I can totally see Resistance being just like their xwing counterpart and what others in here have said. Small armies based off of strong heros and abilites.

First Order I am not sure. GAR took the spot of strong elite units/leaders that are expensive.

I don’t think we will see them for quite some time.

First, as stated, they have to give them time to catch up in volume of units. GCW has decades of content to draw on, and the CW era had a ton of material as well.

Second, they need to catch up the CW era, so there should be strong emphasis on getting them multiple units to try and help flesh out their armies.

Maybe once CW is closer in parity to GCW, then we can consider ST.... if there’s a market for it. I’m not convinced it will be. We shall see how the ST legacy pans out over time.

They could "fill out" but from the general noise coming out of Disney, they are going to finish this series and leave the Skywalkers alone. So all the new tv series announced outside of maybe the Obiwan series won't have anything to do with them or the movies. Cassian might bump into somebody but it will be 30 years before Rey and Finn. Unless the Resistance tv show gets exhausted for units there won't be much to mine. The new 9th movie has already shown to continue to copy in exactness the original trilogy.(Resistance Awings, Resistance Y wings, Resistance B wimgs etc) and there really hasn't been much to use in ground warfare except Crait speeders and troopers with salty jackets but similar weapons and uniforms. I guess there was a first order AtSt but BB8 used it more than the first order

5 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Not exactly true. Just that it won’t be happening any time soon as it’s not on their current radar.

Because they aren’t going to say “we won’t have this in our game” This would turn away possible players.

1 hour ago, R3dReVenge said:

Because they aren’t going to say “we won’t have this in our game” This would turn away possible players.

I still feel like you’re reading a bit much into it if you’re telling me FFG says it won’t happen.

If someone was only going to buy into the game because of what MIGHT happen, that’s on them for their eventual disappointment.

FWIW, the sequel trilogy in legion won’t be seeing any of my dollars, so it’s no big deal to me either way. I’m just saying it’s way too soon to say it’ll never happen.

Concerning if the Sequel Trilogy will come to Legion or not, I guess I'll quote myself on the matter:

Regarding the Sequel trilogy coming to Legion, here's the actual answers to both questions.

Regarding if there is plans to eventually make Resistance and FO Core Set:

He thinks that's still to be determined. As originally conceived the product line, that was the plan but they diverted a little bit. Instead they have other awesome things coming.

Regarding if the Resistance and First Order will be coming to Armada and/or Legion:

They are open to it, it's the question of the amount of content. With only two films and Resistance there's really just not quite enough there to really make a strong showing in either of those two games. But since the Resistance was part of the original vision of Legion, that they've since taken into another direction, it just speaks to their willingness to do it, they would love to, it's just a question that if they bring them in, they need to be on par with the other 4 factions and that is a tall task, but as time goes on hopefully more stuff comes out and they'll see what they can do.

Now, looking at both these answers, it doesn't sound like they are not planning to introduce Sequel trilogy content ever, on the contrary, it just sounds like they are waiting for enough material to make it on par with the other factions. Just imagine trying to make a rebel faction based only on Episode 4 and 5, you would run out fast on materials.

I suppose that if you are someone that hates the sequel trilogy, you could take those quotes out of context (like tabloids and youtube likes to do), or interpret it as if FFG is secretly hating the sequel trilogy (even though Andrew is actually wearing an Episode 7 shirt) and don't plan ever to bring the sequel trilogy into the game, but I really don't think that's the case. They want to do it, they just don't think there's enough content yet. No need to rush, there is plenty of things they can do in the meantime.

And I'll add that earlier in the life of the X-Wing game, designers said that they had no plans on introducing units from the prequel trilogy, and here we are with a Galactic Republic and a Separatist faction in the X-Wing miniatures game. Things change, and once they consider that there is enough unit to make a Resistance and/or First Order faction, you can believe me that they will.

1 hour ago, Red Castle said:

Concerning if the Sequel Trilogy will come to Legion or not, I guess I'll quote myself on the matter:

And I'll add that earlier in the life of the X-Wing game, designers said that they had no plans on introducing units from the prequel trilogy, and here we are with a Galactic Republic and a Separatist faction in the X-Wing miniatures game. Things change, and once they consider that there is enough unit to make a Resistance and/or First Order faction, you can believe me that they will.

So in essence it boils down to waiting and seeing what is put into the last move of the Sequel Trilogy/how long it takes Disney to flesh out the FO/Resistance in alternate media, which is entirely my opinion as well. A good way to fill release slots with some kind of new, canon product.

I COULD also see both being handled as just alternate sculpts for the Rebel/Imperial factions, with some named characters that can't be blended with the GCW characters for that faction (with potential releases of older versions of characters with different rules).

Personally I don't care one way or another as to when or if they ever include the Sequel Trilogy stuff, it would give my wallet a break from purchasing Legion releases, although at this point the potential GCW releases that seriously interest me are fairly sparse sort of introducing certain Legends characters, or more of the Rebels characters. 

Edited by Caimheul1313

On 10/5/2019 at 10:19 PM, ScummyRebel said:

GCW has decades of content to draw on, and the CW era had a ton of material as well.

Pretty much this. Especially once Rise of the Skywalker (I just figured out Revenge of the Sith abbreviates the same way... not sure I like that... ) is out of theaters for a year or so. New EU books/games/comics will fill in characters by the time they're done with CW and GCW....

A lot of people have said this but IMO there isn't enough content to make Legion work based on the new trilogy.   I also think the content is a little too similar to what we already have.  

Same thing happened with the prequels.  Until the trilogy was complete, it was a pretty limited sandbox to play in and most tie ins were mostly adapting stuff from the films directly.  After RotS it became a lot easier to make stuff that wholesale created characters or storylines to play with in the space between.

1 hour ago, LunarSol said:

Same thing happened with the prequels.  Until the trilogy was complete, it was a pretty limited sandbox to play in and most tie ins were mostly adapting stuff from the films directly.  After RotS it became a lot easier to make stuff that wholesale created characters or storylines to play with in the space between.

This...

For the trilogy not to be even complete yet and people saying "there isn't enough content" is kinda silly. More shows like Resistance will pop up, and with Disney+ coming around we will have more sequel content to choose from. 

22 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

Huge eye roll for this comment...

7 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Pretty much this. Especially once Rise of the Skywalker (I just figured out Revenge of the Sith abbreviates the same way... not sure I like that... ) is out of theaters for a year or so. New EU books/games/comics will fill in characters by the time they're done with CW and GCW....

This is assuming Disney, Marvel, and authors want to continue to explore the characters of the sequels when there is plenty of space in the post RotJ pre FA period, as well as fleshing out the GCW and CW more.

Not to mention there is also the slim possibility of jumping to the old republic era.

20 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Pretty much this. Especially once Rise of the Skywalker (I just figured out Revenge of the Sith abbreviates the same way... not sure I like that... )

It's just The Rise of Skywalker(tRoS) not Rise of the Skywalker(Rots)