Sign in to follow this  
awp832

Tommy makes a deal

Clever idea. Also good to keep the team together for this deck. You want to engage all the enemies, so centralize all the encounter grief where that can happen. Maybe he'd partner well with Minh?

Edited by Carthoris

I posted on ArkhamDB about it, but this also works mostly the same way with Brother Xavier.  He can already take damage/horror from other investigators plus he deals 2 damage when he gets killed off.

I never thought about using A Chance Encounter to pull an Ally out of the discard pile though.  This means I could commit Brother Xavier for a will icon, then get him into play (using Chance Encounter) for 1 Resource as long as I can kill him off for 3-6 resources, 2 damage on an enemy, and get him back into my deck somewhere.

Does that also mean that I can use A Chance Encounter on someone else's Ally, kill it off, and then shuffle their Ally into Tommy's deck?  I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, which is actually kind of awesome and I didn't think of this before.

19 minutes ago, Faranim said:

Does that also mean that I can use A Chance Encounter on someone else's Ally, kill it off, and then shuffle their Ally into Tommy's deck?  I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, which is actually kind of awesome and I didn't think of this before.

No. I mean, you can trigger the ability and it will resolve as normal, but it will shuffle into the owner's deck - second bullet point of Ownership and Control from the Rules Reference:

If a card would enter an out-of-play area that does not belong to the card's owner, the card is physically placed in its owner's equivalent out-of-play area instead. The card is considered to have entered its controller's out-of-play area, and only the physical placement of the card is adjusted

thanks for the kind words and support of this outrageously silly build.

Faranim:  Yes, you certainly could do the same with Xavier.   I had thought of a similar build with Agency backup,  but this was funnier.   The essence of the deck is the same, so shouldnt need much modification for your ally-of-choice.

sooo... Mandy puts RGM into her deck, plays it to raise her stats to 6 for a turn, then Tommy plays RGM from Mandy's discard pile (using A Chance Encounter), kills it off, shuffling it back into Mandy's deck?  That's probably even better than it going back into Tommy's deck.  It doesn't even need to be Mandy, it works with basically anyone who wants to put RGM into their deck.