Sign in to follow this  
ArcticJedi

Clone Wars Battle Maps Locations?

Hey All, I am looking to hop into legion after they release the Clone Wars content, and I was thinking I'd like to have a Christophsis map + one more planet... But I can't decide which planet I'd like... and I decided that I didn't want a mud, desert or Endor map. Any clone wars battlegrounds you guys might suggest(avoid urban combat areas) would be appreciated. I was debating between a trench defense on Kashyyyk, a Kaminoan city, or maybe a Muunilist platform map.

Thanks! 
-Arctic

Geonosis is a desert, and while Geonosis is cool, I feel like a lot of people will be doing it as a clone wars map... so I wanted to have stuff most people won't be doing, but yeah, I don't know about Felucia, it's an iffy thing, I dunno if I'll do it, but Umbara was one I forgot about, that could be the airbase(from the Clone Wars Tv show) surrounded by the Umbaran plant life, and that could be cool, especially if the mini Sarlacc pits are included.

-Arctic

If I were doing a dedicated CW era world, I’d try for Umbara, Felucia, or maybe Naboo if I wanted to punt and do something easy (like the swamp / forest area, not Theed proper).

As it stands, they’ll probably be fighting on the Forest Moon anyway since that’s what I have to work with currently.

Naboo Theed or Naboo Swamp/Aquatic

Felucia: mushrooms, plants, hills, and large trees.

Mustafar: lava river with factory buildings. 

Genosis: Red desert with rock formations + rock palace.

Kashyyyk: Wookiee base / treetop terrain with a coastline?

Kamino would be a fun one. Blue/Ocean playmap. Overpass with several bridges/landing pads as the actual board.

There is also Mortis, if you want something totally distinct. It has a varied terrain type like the earth, but also has massive temples.

Or Moraband/Korriban the Sith planet Yoda went to in season six, or any of those very strange planets he went to on the same trip. Moraband is desert like, but has creepy Sith buildings and ruins.

There is also Florrum, though thats more desert like.

There is also Dathomir (witches and creepy atmosphere with strange pod trees).

If you want obscure, you could do Raydonia. It was visited by Obi and Ventress and had an outpost... had.

And my last suggestion, Nal Hutta (Obiwan visited there in disguise with Cad Bane). Home to the Hutts the planet is very swampy with green water, but some towns/cities.

Posted (edited)

@JediPartisan Those were all worlds that hadn't even crossed my mind, and they are all very interesting. I said no desert 'cause I thought people would say 'Oh do Geonosis' or something like that. Korriban didn't even cross my mind, and that would be interesting. I bet they're gonna make a Yoda Commander. Mortis.... While it would be interesting, I don't think I'll do it.

@Shanturin Your right about the often overlooked Onderon wilderness, I hadn't thought of that one either! You could make the cliffs where Steela fell, and add some crashed Hmp's and crumbling stone pillars, along with the Rebel Hideout(+ you could also easily use it as a Galactic Civil War map).

@R3dReVenge The Wookie coastline village idea is a good Idea, I had only been thinking about the Wookie Sap refinery trench defense(Classic bf2/RotS) So It would be interesting to have a Wookie village on the coast. Mustfar could be interesting with a single lava river and some bridges connecting refineries and such.

Thanks for your input, Ya'll had some great ideas

-Arctic

Edit: fixed some spelling mistakes.

Edited by ArcticJedi
Made spelling mistakes

37 minutes ago, ArcticJedi said:

@JediPartisan Those were all worlds that hadn't even crossed my mind, and they are all very interesting. I said no desert 'cause I thought people would say 'Oh do Geonosis' or something like that. Korriban didn't even cross my mind, and that would be interesting. I bet they're gonna make a Yoda Commander. Mortis.... While it would be interesting, I don't think I'll do it.

@Shanturin Your right about the often overlooked Onderon wilderness, I hadn't thought of that one either! You could make the cliffs where Steela fell, and add some crashed Hmp's and crumbling stone pillars, along with the Rebel Hideout(+ you could also easily use it as a Galactic Civil War map).

@R3dReVenge The Wookie coastline village idea is a good Idea, I had only been thinking about the Wookie Sap refinery trench defense(Classic bf2/RotS) So It would be interesting to have a Wookie village on the coast. Mustfar could be interesting with a single lava river and some bridges connecting refineries and such.

Thanks for your input, Ya'll had some great ideas

-Arctic

Edit: fixed some spelling mistakes.

Alot of people have Hoth/Tatooine/Endor/Yavin 4 boards already.

Alot of people are making Naboo/Genosis/Felucia boards for CW.

Mustafar/Kamino/Kashyyyk/Mageeto/Rhodia/other planets might be the route to go.

I hope Imperial Terrain comes out with some terrain for these other options. I've been buying their Tatooine and Yavin terrain and I love it!

I might make some terrain based on the Mandalorian trailer/Tv show, I recently painted my IA At-St basing it off of the At-St Raider. Plus if I ever decide to get a Gcw core set than I could just throw them on to that map.

5 hours ago, ArcticJedi said:

I might make some terrain based on the Mandalorian trailer/Tv show, I recently painted my IA At-St basing it off of the At-St Raider. Plus if I ever decide to get a Gcw core set than I could just throw them on to that map.

Since you're an Arctic Jedi, a Hoth-like table is the right decision.

Get a sheet and a bunch of hunks of styrofoam. Done.

19 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Since you're an Arctic Jedi, a Hoth-like table is the right decision.

I... uh... am that I suppose... It's my gamer-tag and I use it in pretty much all my accounts(the Arctic part, not the Jedi part). Though I suppose I could go with Mygeeto or the Talz snow planet. 

20 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Get a sheet and a bunch of hunks of styrofoam. Done.

I don't just wanna do that.... I want to be a tad more creative.

My other comments aside, I appreciate any advice I could get.

-Arctic

9 minutes ago, ArcticJedi said:

I... uh... am that I suppose... It's my gamer-tag and I use it in pretty much all my accounts(the Arctic part, not the Jedi part). Though I suppose I could go with Mygeeto or the Talz snow planet. 

How about Rhen Var?  Be cool, especially if you could find a way of fitting in the ice caves or ancient Jedi ruins/tombs.  Throw some CW era terrain or wreckage in to break up the white/blue/gray color scheme. 

That's a planet I haven't heard of in a while... That sounds cool, I think I might do that.

hmm. Maybe I should do Rhen Var and Korriban instead of Chrystophsis + 1. That could be cool. Than one map would be jedi ruins, and the other would be sith ruins.

14 minutes ago, ArcticJedi said:

That's a planet I haven't heard of in a while... That sounds cool, I think I might do that.

hmm. Maybe I should do Rhen Var and Korriban instead of Chrystophsis + 1. That could be cool. Than one map would be jedi ruins, and the other would be sith ruins.

The desert/snow planet dichotomy also works to magnify the Jedi/Sith dichotomy.

Yeah... I... that... that's a good point right there. Plus one of my friends who might be interested in playing once I get the game would most likely love to play on a desert map. He likes deserts and stuff.

Also, do you have any good reference imagery for Rhen Var? I only find a bunch of fan made stuff when I search it.

2 minutes ago, ArcticJedi said:

Yeah... I... that... that's a good point right there. Plus one of my friends who might be interested in playing once I get the game would most likely love to play on a desert map. He likes deserts and stuff.

Also, do you have any good reference imagery for Rhen Var? I only find a bunch of fan made stuff when I search it.

Most of what I'm finding is either fan made like you said, or from the original Battlefront games.  You might try watching some of the 2002 The Clone Wars game play footage on YouTube for ideas.  (or play it yourself, though that would probably make screenshots harder).

Here's what I found.  Sorry if you already have these, or if they're not super helpful.

latest?cb=20181031191203

latest?cb=20181031191216

ndgey18oymsz.jpg

b41918e95d59cc4b7ce94c85a6f9549266b4a968

@ArcticJedi welcome to the fold. 

How about Coruscant AT WAR (as in a bombarded war zone) and Kashyyyk beachhead.

And while I’m sure it’s an underdog choice I would love to see Mon Cala, half the map set UNDER the water line.

Also I have not seen a lot planning an Utapau maps.

Good luck!

We will follow your career with great interest.