X-wing squadron from starter

MC75 Profundity

Starhawk on preorder

Empire:

Victory class Star destroyer from starter

Tie squadron from starter

Gladiator

Chimera Star Destroyer

If I were to add a ship or two for each faction, what should I get next?  So far the theme for all my buys after the starter are 100 percent appearance based.   A lot of the items I considered buying, like standard ISD or imperial light cruiser or raider, have been out of stock a long time.  Quite frustrating.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

First off I would buy the fighter Pack #1 for each faction. The Arquitens as you say have been out of print for a while but over the years this has happened to Squadron#1 packs quite often. Get them while you can.  

Next either get the Gozanti/GR75 flotillas or Quasar/MC30.

Edited by Mad Cat

Welcome! Super happy to have you in our great little community.

In terms of next steps, you hit the nail on the head. Stock issues will prevent you from buying basically anything new from a provider. You are essentially looking at the secondary market of Ebay lots. Instead of buying what is available new, I'd look for a reasonably complete collection for sale and pool your money for that before you have so many ships that acquiring that many duplicates doesn't make sense. 

If you are thinking you are going to try to collect all or most of the ships, then @BrobaFett's suggestion is a good one. If you're just looking to play a few games with friends, and you're looking for thematic or fun lists, then you can be a little more selective. @Mad Cat's suggestion is really good in that case: squadrons are pretty important. You might also consider the Rogues and Villains expansion as well.

As others have said, welcome to the community!

1 hour ago, Darth Sanguis said:

It's been like 6 months, but every couple of weeks I find something that belonged to my EX in the apartment. I cleaned the place top to bottom.... Is she sneaking in here just to mess with me?

Have you checked for signs if entry? Windows? Doors? Did she returns any keys, and if so are you certain no copies were made? Have the locks on your door changed, and be sure to give your landlord a new copy of they key. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, eliteone said:

Have you checked for signs if entry? Windows? Doors? Did she returns any keys, and if so are you certain no copies were made? Have the locks on your door changed, and be sure to give your landlord a new copy of they key. 

I mean, technically the landlord doesn't seem to care because they rent other property nearby!

Just to keep you appraised, this is merely a running joke I've made that started with @AllWingsStandyingBy, who has made it clear he's done with the game and sold all his stuff,  yet frequents us here in the forums. Often with subjects that make other people here... sour. I've been making these as people do various things that remind Me of a stalker EX lol

The important thing here is that I make myself laugh.

Edited by Darth Sanguis

Back to the OP's question. We've had a similar discussion two weeks ago.

Here's what I wrote...

"I'd also propose the purchase of an ISD, plus a Gozanti and Rebellion in the Rim.

An ISD II with Gunnery Teams and Electronic Countermeasures (both in the Core Set) supported by an Harrow VSD plus the 6 Coreset TIE Fighters and Reserve Hangar Decks on the Star Destroyers and the flotilla is a solid build, let's you learn a lot about the game and already is kind of competitive. Tarkin from the Core Set is quite flexible for beginners. Agent Kallus, Wulff Yularen, H9, Comms Net are sensible upgrades.

The objectives from the Core set are quite good for this ISD-build. I'd recommend starting as 1st player with a bid, but those core set objectives are a solid way to start 2nd-player gameplay, too.

Imperial gameplay all in all is usually a little more straight-forward than Alliance fleets. Alliance ships usually interact more with one another and have to maneuver more precisely."

"The RitR objectives seem to be fun as the next step. Double Agent, Pilot Defection, Prototype Recovery, Steal Supplies, Volatile Cargo seem very thematic. So do Abandoned Mining Facility, Doomed Station, Infested Fields, Rift Attack and Surprise Attack.

These objectives would be a nice way to not just learn the shoot and move basics of the game, but Armada's appeal of objective play."

I guess just start with what you've got and play some games with objectives that seem fun...

21 hours ago, VanguardX said:

I am just getting started and have the following items:

Rebels:

CR90 from starter

Neb B from starter

X-wing squadron from starter

MC75 Profundity

Starhawk on preorder

Empire:

Victory class Star destroyer from starter

Tie squadron from starter

Gladiator

Chimera Star Destroyer

If I were to add a ship or two for each faction, what should I get next?  So far the theme for all my buys after the starter are 100 percent appearance based.   A lot of the items I considered buying, like standard ISD or imperial light cruiser or raider, have been out of stock a long time.  Quite frustrating.

Thanks!

I play as both and I got the Fighter expansion 1 and 2 for both sides. I  probably will get the scum and villainy pack soon.

On 10/2/2019 at 3:03 PM, JadinED said:

Back to the OP's question. We've had a similar discussion two weeks ago.

Here's what I wrote...

"I'd also propose the purchase of an ISD, plus a Gozanti and Rebellion in the Rim.

An ISD II with Gunnery Teams and Electronic Countermeasures (both in the Core Set) supported by an Harrow VSD plus the 6 Coreset TIE Fighters and Reserve Hangar Decks on the Star Destroyers and the flotilla is a solid build, let's you learn a lot about the game and already is kind of competitive. Tarkin from the Core Set is quite flexible for beginners. Agent Kallus, Wulff Yularen, H9, Comms Net are sensible upgrades.

The objectives from the Core set are quite good for this ISD-build. I'd recommend starting as 1st player with a bid, but those core set objectives are a solid way to start 2nd-player gameplay, too.

Imperial gameplay all in all is usually a little more straight-forward than Alliance fleets. Alliance ships usually interact more with one another and have to maneuver more precisely."

"The RitR objectives seem to be fun as the next step. Double Agent, Pilot Defection, Prototype Recovery, Steal Supplies, Volatile Cargo seem very thematic. So do Abandoned Mining Facility, Doomed Station, Infested Fields, Rift Attack and Surprise Attack.

These objectives would be a nice way to not just learn the shoot and move basics of the game, but Armada's appeal of objective play."

I guess just start with what you've got and play some games with objectives that seem fun...

I hear that Cubanboy is alright.

Hi just me again the only ship I do no that is (Imperial Arquitens Class Light Cruiser) if any one has one that is reasonable let me know?

Thanks again,

Mark

55 minutes ago, mark6330 said:

Hi folks I am brand new to this  I have all sorts of ships but no one here plays, where can I find people that play?

Thanks,

Mark

Hello and welcome!  I’d look in the organized play sub forum for a group in your area; if searching your location in titles doesn’t turn anything up, you can make your own thread.

51 minutes ago, mark6330 said:

Hi just me again the only ship I do no that is (Imperial Arquitens Class Light Cruiser) if any one has one that is reasonable let me know?

Thanks again,

Mark

And these are in short supply right now, I’m afraid.

3 hours ago, mark6330 said:

Hi folks I am brand new to this  I have all sorts of ships but no one here plays, where can I find people that play?

Thanks,

Mark

1) Search Facebook for "Star Wars Armada" or "Star Wars Miniatures" in your local area.

2) Organized Play, like Jabbawookie said.

3) Playing the game online on Vassal is also an option. If you're interested I can explain.