Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

First Order TIE Bombers (now with pic and Preview)

4 hours ago, gryffindorhouse said:

Not super adventurous, but good.

Honestly makes a little more sense than the original design. Better visibility.

The only TIEs that have ever had visibility problems are the Interceptor, Defender, and Avenger.

5 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

vo8hq4xz5vp31.jpg

From Journey to Rise of Skywalker - Allegiance #1

Hot **** those are mean. I LOVE them.

1 minute ago, Deffly said:

They can't come soon enough, it currently looks like FO are just getting Interceptor style ships from what's been spoiled from ep9. 

They really need variety and stop being the only faction that cant use devices. 

They have, undeniably, the best base platforms in the game. All they're missing is a large turret and bombs, and at least one of those is to be alleviated soon.

I ain't even kidding, FO's easily the most well designed faction in XWMG.

Large turrets and bombs also happen to be two of the least useful options in the game atm.  Though I guess large turrets might be a bit more useful if the hysterical panic about the Nantex does eventually pan out in actual real life results.

It does look good though. Hope to see it on the big screen at some point. 

I really like these!  The interceptor wings make me hope this could be a space version of a dive bomber, a WWII aircraft that I don't remember having been in Star Wars yet (although I expect to be proved wrong int he next 3 posts).  Could it have a boost instead of a barrel roll and sacrifice some maneuverability for speed?  

Edited by Whalers on the moon

The FO bomber is really exciting.   It will definitely jolt our play style.  Between the SFs ability to stay on target and proximity mines you can really control the table.  

I don't mind the lack of large turrets the  TIE/SF makes up for it.   That being said a new large or medium based ship would be nice!

1 hour ago, Whalers on the moon said:

I really like these!  The interceptor wings make me hope this could be a space version of a dive bomber, a WWII aircraft that I don't remember having been in Star Wars yet (although I expect to be proved wrong int he next 3 posts).  Could it have a boost instead of a barrel roll and sacrifice some maneuverability for speed?  

I mean, dive bombers were a direct result of not having guided weapon technology beyond giving the ordnance a couple of fins for stabilisation. It would be odd if there was a dive bomber really. The nearest to that you could really find would be the old Cruise Missiles, which gave you extra red dice depending on the speed of your dial before you launched them. Maybe Trajectory Simulator, since it's a ranged launch, so Punishers?

32 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

I mean, dive bombers were a direct result of not having guided weapon technology beyond giving the ordnance a couple of fins for stabilisation. It would be odd if there was a dive bomber really. The nearest to that you could really find would be the old Cruise Missiles, which gave you extra red dice depending on the speed of your dial before you launched them. Maybe Trajectory Simulator, since it's a ranged launch, so Punishers?

There those massive bombs in X-Wing: Alliance that uses the ship speed and direction to aim. They were super slow but did enormous damage.

I kind of see those as being like demo charges, rather than traditional bombs. Like how the Churchill AVRE variant had the Petard launcher instead of a cannon, which it was essentially just a bunch of explosives in a can with a detonator, roughly hurled toward a target, rather than a traditional shell or mortar. I'd be ok with bringing out a new launchable bomb that didn't detonate until it hit something, and kept moving every turn, though. I feel like the design space is there for it. Especially now that we have huge ships about to hit the field, it would make sense. It would also be a neat early game area denial option against swarms.

I guess you could do a dive bomber mechanic as ship ability. Sort of the inverse of Nimble Bomber giving you options for direction on a dropped bomb, Dive Bomber could give you options for straight line launch speeds. Launch at one speed above whatever your dial was, to a maximum of 5. I could get behind that.

In terms of eye-lines for the pilot, it's better than pervious iterations. In terms of profile presented to incoming fire, it's literally a 40-50% increase in potential surface area to hit vs the inward turned wings, but Star Wars ship designs were never about smart, logical, or rational decisions.