RyantheFett

Look at the new ships First Order/Resistance (somewhat spoilery??)

1 minute ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Hm that turret looks like it won't be able to swing forward. Could present an idea for a ship ability for turrets.

If in game implementation matches the ship itself the turret might have the "cannot rotate to your Icon arc standard front" restriction, or have Front and Rear Arc Primary attacks on the BTA-NR2 with the rear primary possibly being a Full Rear Arc.

2 hours ago, SabineKey said:

So, according to this, the TIE Whisper is another standard wing TIE. Perhaps it’s specialized for use by the Knights of Ren?

Maybe. It looks like a special forces TIE with just a few extra bits. 

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

If in game implementation matches the ship itself the turret might have the "cannot rotate to your Icon arc standard front" restriction, or have Front and Rear Arc Primary attacks on the BTA-NR2 with the rear primary possibly being a Full Rear Arc.

I don't think it's that restricted. The barrels would be right on top of the chassis but it looks like it could swivel forward to me. Housing also looks like it might allow for some vertical movement, to angle up the guns.

EDIT: Also, this is Lego but it really looks like it can move forward.

75249_box1_v39-1024x846.jpg

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark

3 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Hm that turret looks like it won't be able to swing forward. Could present an idea for a ship ability for turrets.

That might be interesting. If nothing else it would mean the turret would have to actually be used as a turret, instead of just for the VTG double-tap in the front arc.

2 hours ago, melminiatures said:

Seems curious that the images of Kylo's TIE don't have the turret that it has in the trailer, yet somehow the TIE Whisper (which apparently it's not Kylo's TIE) does.

pic4698277.jpg

Maybe “Whisper” is the name of the droid strapped to the bottom of each ship in those pics! 😁

5 minutes ago, dsul413 said:

I see logical evolutions of previous designs and new designs here. What's the issue?

The Prequel designs were GREAT! This trilogy's designs are highly derivative. If only the designers used other letters in the alphabet.

The only exception is XWing. That ship is too iconic to leave behind. Besides, T70 and T85 look better than the classic T65.

On 9/28/2019 at 11:48 AM, eMeM said:

They are reaching new heights with the TIE/sf v1.0.0.0.0.1 minor bugfix edition.

:)

Obviously they still have not understood that all the minor issues and bugs they try to fix all have their origin in unsufficient and unstable energy influx from the white solar panels :P

On 9/27/2019 at 3:16 PM, RyantheFett said:

Our best look so far at most of the new ships.................... the lack of B-wing will always annoy me.

Source: https://imgur.com/a/9mMvYy1 (I would say nothing here that would spoil the movie, but fair warning.

ugAEZyZ.png

zWqQJru.png

...Oh... My god.

It's... Genuinely just a refit Rebel Y-Wing. Oh my god. No, I'm not angry. Really look at the model shot VS. the drawing.

Hoooooooly crap, it really is the most venerable Starfighter in the galaxy...

32 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

...Oh... My god.

It's... Genuinely just a refit Rebel Y-Wing. Oh my god. No, I'm not angry. Really look at the model shot VS. the drawing.

Hoooooooly crap, it really is the most venerable Starfighter in the galaxy...

The look of it is okay, but I thought that the picture from the old cross section books would have been a cooler design.

.Image result for y wing full armor

Still like the T-70s, T-85s, and the RZ-2s better, but I can see this growing on me. Also really want Y-wings in Resistance so I am happy. Now just the wait for the B-wings........

On 9/27/2019 at 11:41 PM, FastWalker said:

And how come those BWings aren't featured in OP's post?  I demand satisfaction.

My only real guess to why there is no B-wings yet is because they are in the later half of the movie. Most rumors, leaks, and people guessing is that they will have an epic space battle at the end. If we go by that logic then they still have not shown any of the Resistance cruisers and we only got a few glimpses that the Star Destroyers with the cannons on them.

I will post the B-wings as soon as any pictures of them come up.

14 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

The look of it is okay, but I thought that the picture from the old cross section books would have been a cooler design.

.Image result for y wing full armor

Still like the T-70s, T-85s, and the RZ-2s better, but I can see this growing on me. Also really want Y-wings in Resistance so I am happy. Now just the wait for the B-wings........

No, no I agree! But if this is truly the same frame... That alone saves it.

8 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

My only real guess to why there is no B-wings yet is because they are in the later half of the movie. Most rumors, leaks, and people guessing is that they will have an epic space battle at the end. If we go by that logic then they still have not shown any of the Resistance cruisers and we only got a few glimpses that the Star Destroyers with the cannons on them.

I will post the B-wings as soon as any pictures of them come up.

And I suspect pictures will come relatively soon! Who knows, they could finally have an important role.

It is strange that they aren't in the new starfighter book, though.