FFGMatt

FFG Live Star Wars™: X-Wing AMA Question Thread

The FAQ says that modifications to a maneuver's difficulty don't affect the Revealed Maneuver.  However, in the Rules Reference, Revealed Maneuver is defined the same way as is the maneuver to perform during Execute Maneuver, under Activation Phase.

1.  Do cards like R4 Astromech have any effect when executing a maneuver?

2.  If so, why do they work in the one case and not the other?

Posted (edited)

Raymus Antilles: 
"After you are destroyed, each friendly ship at range 0 - 1 gains 1 focus token.

After you are destroyed, you are not removed until the end of the End Phase."

So, which way does this work with regard to the rules ref text “If an effect triggers after a ship is destroyed, the effect resolves immediately before the ship is removed.”

Is it...

A: Corvette is destroyed at I4. At the end of I4, both “after you are destroyed” effects occur. So, you distribute focusses right then at the end of I4, then hold off of removing the corvette until the end of the end phase. (In this case, everyone gets focusses now, including the corvette.)

B: Corvette is destroyed at I4. At the end of I4, the corvette would be removed except “after you are destroyed you are not removed until the end of the end phase” so you hold off. At the end of the end phase, you then remove the corvette and distribute focusses. (meaning everyone gets to carry their focusses into the next round)

or

C: You get to cue the abilities in either order so either it is Raymus' player's choice whether to do A or B.

Edited by player3513135

Maybe. There's also a new paint scheme on a t70 in the new trailer, some are attributing it to Poe, so who really knows? I'd like to have more Alt Paint official product available for sale, that's for sure. It might be some time in the future, but whatever.

It's going to be interesting going forward with some old converted models floating around with the new ones. Like, do us old schoolers have the 'rare' paints now? Are we rocking the special models? I'm kinda confused on a few honestly. Like, across the two editions, case by case some schemes seen better or worse. Curious what the secondary market is going to do going forward.

Are we going to see scenario/thematic cards/ and or monthly/quarterly op kits for the game? with unique prizes like alt paint ships and or unique pilots/? (so folks dont complain have those same prizes available for resale at a future date? ) killing the ebay secondary market btw..  a good thing in this case....already seeing ebay scalpers for worlds swag...