FFGMatt

FFG Live Star Wars™: Legion AMA Question Thread

Hello FFG community!

We're hosting a special AMA (Ask Me Anything) livestream with Legion developers on October 1 at 1 PM Central Time. It's your chance to ask any questions you want—about the FFG design process, rules interactions, The Clone Wars, and much more.

We'll be streaming on our YouTube and Twitch channels, but you don't have to wait to get your questions in the queue. Write your questions for the team in this forum thread, and we'll draw from these questions during our livestream.

We hope to see you there!

5 minutes ago, Steck638 said:

How about one that's not related to anything people are complaining about. What was the last non FFG minis game you both played?

I like that question, also would love to know their favorite board game

if you can make units from any source what will it be (non canon and video games including)?
do you have to have Disney permission to for any of the units you do create especially the ones with actors/voice actors before you can use them? if not then can we please get M.F. Mace Windu for clone wars :-D.

When are the next planned set of Battle Cards expected to be released?  We haven't seen anything new for competitive play since the Priority Supplies expansion and I would love to have new scenarios, battlefields, and conditions to plan against.

Edited by lyerelian

Rules Question:  Can a single clone trooper unit spend more than 1 standby on the same action trigger? (i.e. can I have a group of 3 clones all with standby, and the enemy moves in range and I use the *strongest* unit to spend 3 standbys and shoot 3 times on the single move?)

Game design question:

Most releases so far have introduced one or more new rules or keywords as the game has established itself. At what point will you feel you have reached a good balance of "enough rules to cover everything" versus not "too many keywords that over-complicate the rules"? Or do you feel every release or two will come with something new for the foreseeable future? 

1 minute ago, Weikel said:

Game design question:

Most releases so far have introduced one or more new rules or keywords as the game has established itself. At what point will you feel you have reached a good balance of "enough rules to cover everything" versus not "too many keywords that over-complicate the rules"? Or do you feel every release or two will come with something new for the foreseeable future? 

That is worded a lot better than my question. Lol

1. When is FFG going to start putting out OP Kits that people will really get excited about? Acrylic tokens/rulers are nice, but everyone and their dog makes those. Alternate cards are nice, but they do nothing for this game. I would like to see alternate sculpts in the kits. Other game makers have been doing this for years and it's really nice to win something rather useful for in-game play.

2. When is FFG going to release alternate sculpts as a webstore exclusive of the Vader/Obi-Wan? Not everyone can afford to fly to Germany and pick one up, nor should we have to pay 5x sticker for something like this.

3. Does FFG have any intention of punishing webstores in the future that release product early? This gives them unfair advantage over FLGS locations and creates an imbalance in the market. Does FFG (Asmodee) plan of offering actual release dates for upcoming products (players feel like we are in the dark about upcoming releases)?  Is there an official release schedule for the next year?

4. Are we going to an app for army building similar to X-Wing for Legion, or something similar to Citadel's painting app?

5. When is the Army Painter paint line going to be released?

7. Does FFG have any intention in the future to releasing books based on armies, rules, campaigns, etc.

Edited by Tappiocca

I have three fairly similar questions:

1) is the current “counterpart” distribution method (saber tank and AAT releasing at the same time) still the plan going forwards? Will/could there be 4 simultaneous releases for all the factions happen- everyone gets a new operative unit?

2) for clone wars future expansions (including saber tank and AAT), are the releases going to be at the same time or staggered (one unit per month)?

3) with the announcement of the Saber Tank and AAT for clone wars there are now only the operative and elite ranks missing for the clone wars. Any hints as to which of the two ranks will drop first? You don’t need to give dates ;)

The later rules have introduced a number of new keywords or variations on existing mechanics. One such example is Armor: X as opposed the the original Armor keyword. 
Looking back, are there any early units or upgrades which, if you were designing them now, would instead take advantage of newer keywords or mechanics?

I am a new player and was wondering if you guys plan on showcasing things via the wave system that X-wing uses. I can never tell what wave we are on, or what is within a wave. Are there any plans to implement a new style of previews/reviews with a defined "this is what the wave is" model? 

Will products like the AT-RT or TX-130 see releases for other factions that use them in the Star Wars universe? Would love a TX-130 for my Imperials.

Also, will you ever implement elite units like in Armada? 

Future product question :                Is there any ideas or talk floating around for Naboo Royal Security Guards as a Corp unit ?                           Second question: could you guys talk a little more about Clone customization in the Phase II Clone expansion. Like will I be able to field a 327th Star Corp unit complete with kamas and pauldrons ? Thanks 

Long time player and very big fan of the game. Have you guys ever thought about or looked into making X-Wing into a video game? I know, I know, you guys more or less exclusively deal in making table top games but with the refined rule sets that have been developed for 2nd edition, it feels like this would work great as a video game. Not to mention the convenience for those of us with busy schedules that make it hard to go out and play or those who are in areas where not a lot of players exist. Great game, lost of fun, keeping be awesome.  

Are we getting a SWL campaign soon? (like i.e. Armada's Corellian Conflict)

Since I own and play Star Wars Armada, too: Are you planning any (story)campaigns that combine FFG's Star Wars games (Armada, XWing, Legion)? If not, do you think this can be a possible future addition?

Thank you Matt!

Edited by Staelwulf

2 minutes ago, colki said:

Are there any plans to release "skirmish" rules for use with small collections or for new players? Or do you see the operations like "Take the Hill" as filling this role already?

Quoted to make sure they note a lot of us would be excited by this.

Please give us the ffg Legion equivalent of Kill Team! I want to use my minis in more ways and a skirmish game playable in a shorter time frame would be wonderful!