Karneck

2019 VASSAL Autumn Tourney is over!

18 hours ago, Karneck said:

the winner getting an automatic entry into the 2020 World Cup (if they don't already have one).

Even better, the top 4 players get an automatic entry if we get more than 20 participants.  So sayeth the World Cup Organizer.

Edit:  If we get to 40, the top 8 get an automatic entry.

I want to sign up

Edited by BiggsIRL

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

Its a good thing I'm an Impartial judge...  Because, I admit...  I want to see Biggs PreQualify for his Own Tournament.   :D

Well, first off I'm too much of a gimmick user to ever hit top 4 in a Vassal Tournament.

Secondly, I don't count towards top 4 for purposes of prequalification if I do make it (#5 would get my spot).

On 9/27/2019 at 3:58 AM, RapidReload said:

I'll sign up, am very excited to hear the decision regarding missing new obstacles in VASSAL.
Could there be a Vassal Update incoming?

Cheers

Curious how folks are handling the RitR cards at the moment?

6 hours ago, BrobaFett said:

If you are on the discord ping the lfg channel, and it's possible on thursday I'll be around looking if youd like me to walk you through some basics

Sounds good see if I can get there. I'll have time thursday to mess with it. Guess I need to get into the discord server too. 

2 hours ago, medaloffairness said:

Is there a split between European and US time pocket?

There will not, a fair point brought up before is not wanting to limit anyones chances from any region of making the cut. By having only certain regions play each other, you reduce their overall chance of actually making the top cut as a whole.

Edited by Karneck

Ok folks, I've thought a lot about the new RitR obstacles and what to do about it. By and large, it comes down to three choices that we can take.
1. Don't allow any of the new RitR objectives to be played (Boring!)
2. Don't allow any objectives with the new obstacles to be played (Not so boring)
3. Allow any objective to be played, just use current obstacles as stand ins for the new obstacles. (Spicy!)
Station as the Grav Shift
One type of the asteroids for the Exogorths
Dust field for the purrgils.
Mark these new obstacles with a "round" token to know that they are not the usual obstacles and thus will not conflict with other types of tokens found on the play area. 

It didn't feel right to leave this up to me to decide, so I'm posting up a form for folks to vote on which option they would like to see.
https://forms.gle/5VZQoKCY2FbboYNk7

This vote will close Oct 9th.

Edited by Karneck

4 hours ago, Karneck said:

Ok folks, I've thought a lot about the new RitR obstacles and what to do about it. By and large, it comes down to three choices that we can take.

Ummm...why not just update the VASSAL module?  What prevents that?  I've done work on a few, it's not a huge effort to just add things to an established module...