By the way, I goofed on the armament, I got confused by the confusing listing and thought that there were 2 (per side) twin heavy laser cannons, there are actually 2 heavy laser cannons per side, but they are linked (so 2 weapons systems total, 1 per side. Each has the linked 1 quality).

As long as it isn't too hare-brained, it should be fine with him. He generally keeps his cool and tries to do things in a safe (ish) and orderly manner. If he gets desperate (which is rare, generally only when someone close to him is in trouble) he'll put himself at great risk, but he is always loath to put his friends/family in unnecessary risk.

Unless it is hare-brained (and he isn't desperate), feel free to have Darien propose a plan, because after all, he is technically the leader (even though that makes the dynamics really, really weird when he's a GMPC. That's what I get for using a backstory character :P)

The plan is probably risky.. hopefully not harebrained yet.  

So far, Darien, Falmok, Cade and the two Gunners take the C-ROC to the base, blow the bridge and shoot up the hanger. Hopefully that'll pave the way for the Rangers, who can go in through the hanger and work their way into the base. 

Our team will dock with the prison deck and evacuate the captives, making sure they have the two kids.