Sign in to follow this  
Boom Owl

Worlds Meta

Just now, Captain Lackwit said:

Oh yeah let's just continue as we are, there's NOTHING wrong given there's NO large ships in the meta AT frakking ALL.

I mean, rumor has it that the Italians discovered the lord and savior of Xwing: Two Zero Agility Decimators with force charge crew. 

So there's that. 

Or quad U-Wings. 

I'm personally expecting some Dengar+Boba. 

No Large ships? You mean all the Lamda Shuttles don't count? Or Ketsu in the Shadowcaster? or Count Dooku in the Sith Infiltrator? Han in the Falcon had its time in the limelight. Large base ships are in the meta, but are severely under-represented in comparison to small based ships. Now how about all those medium based ships?

3 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Oh yeah let's just continue as we are, there's NOTHING wrong given there's NO large ships in the meta AT frakking ALL.

Even after the points change meant that Thannison gets downgraded to a Starkiller, Kylo 2U is a mean list. And hey, with Tavson's biohexacrypt leaving you a 1 pt bid, you might as well count to 200 and give Kylo predictive shot! Although I'd imagine that it would make him a sniper against things with no mods, the small bonus provided by the power  more often makes him a Blackout against modless things.

5 minutes ago, dunhop said:

Now how about all those medium based ships?

Arcs you say!?

In all seriousness, the Arc and the pricing of other medium base ships is something I brought up in the scum thread.

The 104th generic is perfect at 42. So, what's up with the Kim and SCURRG being more expensive for being generally inferior platforms (re: no built in aux arc)?

The reaper too, for that matter, is a ship that suffers from the double burden of medium base PLUS ailerons! 

Obviously, we'll never see anything drop below 41 (quintuple medium bases!) but we could cut costs especially on some named pilots 

12 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Arcs you say!?

Long live the Arc!

U-Wings are also fairly common in rebel lists. But I agree that Scum medium bases are priced a little too high (a lot of Scum feels that way though). My favorite Scum list has 2, with barely enough points left over for a filler small base

15 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Okay, WTF is wrong with this forum of late? Everyone has literally lost their minds, because I'm seeing statements as ridiculous as this every-freaking-where.

This is unequivocally and demonstrably false. Lambdas, Upsilons, Infiltrators, Rebel YT-1300s, Lancers, and Decis are all large ships which make cuts and/or win events with regularity. Even the YV-666 is on the way up with that Latts + Koshka + 4LOM build that's popped up here and there.

Also, even if large ships weren't in the meta at all, this is literally the worst way to go about changing that. It's literally back to 1.0 where the solution to the TIE Swarm was to print bloody Whisper, and the solution to making aces worse was to create bloody Tragedy Sim Nym, both of whom took out every other bloody thing at the same time. Some Large ships need a buff? Drop their points, or drop the points of the upgrades they need. Don't make just about every small base unplayable.

Edited by DR4CO