Sign in to follow this  
Boom Owl

Worlds Meta

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

It might finally be time for The Resistance's large base ships to come out to play. I see that as nothing but a genuinely good thing.

I haven't played against a resistance bomber since it became available in 2.0.  It would be awesome to see people try it. 

Once the yv-666 becomes hyperspace legal I expect to see that too.  The 180 arc is good against the nantex and bosk will be able to get hits through.

4 hours ago, Estarriol said:

Whatever wins should be nerfed. Immediately. Unless I fly it and then it’s completely cool and you’re all overreacting.

Nope. The World's winner will be off-meta. The game has been more open than ever.

My personal prediction:

Snapshot Turr will be part of the winning list. Either Deci + Soontir as the rest of the list or simply Precog Vader + Soontir/Duchess(targeting computer+5th bro!)/NamedPhantom. Snap Turr is too good for an I4 interceptor, but hey. That's the fault of many things, especially the Nantex.

I used to think that Countdown was the best fragile chassis wielded by a jousty pilot when it comes to Imperial filler, but being able to cover an area, and then double repo before the opponent can shoot (often catching them outmaneuvered or blocking escape routes) has been rather dandy. Even not considering Snapshot, jousting Tavson at R1 and yeeting with autothrusters out of arc is good.

But I'm an FO fanatic. Not flying other factions outside casual play to further explore the game.

Edited by player3010587

34 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

the blimp bomber has potential, it's just stupidly overpriced at the base level

and then you have to tack on the ridiculously expensive payload upgrades...yeah

even cat with some basic bomb upgrades comes out to as much as a Sith!

Only some of the payloads are overpriced. Conner Nets definitely. Bomblet Generator probably. The rest seem okay on dedicated bombers that have reload (especially white reload.

16 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Worlds Meta 

CIS

• Sear Necromancer Swarm
  • Sun Fac + 6
  • 2x Ensnare + Thing 
  • i4 Nantex + Things
  • Dooku + 6

Empire

• Trip Ace
  • Palp Ace
  • Inferno Swarm
  • Jendon + Tap Tap + Thing 
  • Squad of Legend Trench Run 
  • Foresight Taps
  • The Phantom Menace 

Scum

• Torkil Swarm
  • Boba+ Anything 
  • Ketsu Trench Run 
  • Control Beef
  • Iggy Iggy Ion 
  • Supernatural Guri + 
  • Snapshot Nightmare 

Rebel

• Han+
  • Luke Wedge Trench Run 
  • Leia Beef Historians
  • Some Ghost List 
  • Snapshot Nightmare 
  • A Luke Gunner List 

FO

• Kylo Tavson Trench Run 
  • QD+ ( 3 )
  • Kylo+ ( 3-4 )
  • 5 SF

Resistance

• AAAAA
  • Poe+ Things 
  • Resistance Beef + Pods or Ports or both 
  • That one guy trying to get Han or Rey to work

Republic

• Sinker Swarm
  • Republic 4 Ship 
  • Trip Ace ( 3x Jedi, or 2x + Ric )
  • Ani/Obi Nightmare 

can you rank these as aces though plz?

From my very limited experience, the Nantex looks like it’s very initiative dependent on working, which is probably going to start a fresh initiative bidding war among the ace players. For you swarm players out there this may be your time to shine :)

Well one of the archetypes is a fac-ing swarm, so... 

But yeah, the nan is perhaps THE most initiative dependent ship in the game. Its only saving grace over the poor tie interceptor is that it scales really sharply from not-fac to fac.

So I don't know if you really see anyone anyone but the sun bug 

But if you do, beware. The player must've put in some **** practice to make them work 

54 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Well one of the archetypes is a fac-ing swarm, so... 

But yeah, the nan is perhaps THE most initiative dependent ship in the game. Its only saving grace over the poor tie interceptor is that it scales really sharply from not-fac to fac.

So I don't know if you really see anyone anyone but the sun bug 

But if you do, beware. The player must've put in some **** practice to make them work 

Chertek is a beast at 50pts. Flying him with Sense Maul. He can get many many places, block an ace, tractor them, and range 1 full mod shot. Doesnt matter if I move last or first. Love this little dude.

More info on Kylo Tavson Trench Run  please!

I'm played a 2 ship list last night, Tavson + Snooke + pattern analyzer, Kylo + supernatural + primed thruster.

Tavson is very much hard to play and is usually a super pricey support ship. Is this what the trench run list is about? Can you give example? I played it as a super funny casual list, but i'd be tempted to improve on it and see what can be done with those pieces, especially if you have a prediction that they can be competitive enough to go to world with!

9 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

It's all fairly clear to me.

Thing= obvious thing that everyone uses. Hello Soontir and Wedge and Finn and Seevor and so on.

Trench Run= 3 obvious ships that everyone uses.

Nightmare= F**king horrible thing that robs you of all agency, so it doesn't really matter what it is, you're probably just screwed.

How is Trench Run 3 obvious ships?? And Nightmare?

Trench Run - Ships used in attack on Death Star in a new hope. 

Nightmare - something your list struggles against. Given the variety of lists, it could mean anything. 

The vagueness of these descriptors is dumb. 

2 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Hey, maybe Sun will scare off Vader and Soontir and force Imps to actually put something else on the table....

*looks over at Double Deci....*

Uh, nevermind. Give me the aces back, please, please, please...

*Looks over at 5 ion Gunboats...*

Okay, I'm out. 

Juki bois still good. And now some of the bois, like Rex and Echo,  are free to take other upgrades. A bit difficult to wield properly with all that force out there, but still terrifying.

17 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Nantex is definitely powerful. They also necessitate the use of Medium and Large base ships.

Honestly, a pretty clever way to make Scum JUST a little more relevant and try to get other large platforms out there. So long as Ensnare is a thing, small bases are a little more scared and large bases are allowed to be relevant.

I do not believe I hate that, to be honest. If tractors or ions are powerful, big bastards are a good counter.

It might finally be time for The Resistance's large base ships to come out to play. I see that as nothing but a genuinely good thing.

So what you're saying is, welcome back to First Edition where people have to warp their squad building around the mere existence of one ship? Or risk literally losing at the list building stage?

Yeah, that sounds marvelous. I so missed having my list building dictated to on that level. Wish FFG had done it sooner, really. 🙄

Edited by DR4CO

On 9/25/2019 at 2:52 AM, ficklegreendice said:

Is this a comprehensive list or a bingo sheet?

Considering we are using a combination of truly useful squad descriptions and dumb squad nicknames, I'll meet you in the middle and call it an incomprehensible bingo sheet. 

Edited by Polda

I think it should be safe to say that any Guri found in a competitive environment will have Advanced Sensors -OR- Collision Detector.  And Adv Sensors is probably the most likely. 

I’m hereby nominating Guri with Advanced Sensors as being nicknamed Advanced Model Guri.  And any other sensor slot as being the Standard Model Guri.  

Also I think Guri, Fen Rau, and a third Fang Fighter taken together should be named “MandalMotors Test Drive”.  Because it’s thematic, and reasons.

Lists for The Resistance should be named using the titles of songs by Muse;

5As = Knights of Cydonia

Fat Vennie + friends = Supermassive Black Hole

Anything with complex interactions that you have to explain, in full, to your opponent every time you do it (I’m looking at you, Nodin Chavdri!)= Execution Commentary*

*This could probably be elevated to being the theme song for The Resistance faction since the Resistance Transport was released... :o

Quad Ks with Sabine, Protons and Clusters are still pretty good, and especially good against Nantex lists and Imperial aces, although regen Jedi do kind of fly circles around them.

Braylen+Cassian+other is worth mentioning as its own archetype.

The Ghost is still stone unplayable. Just compare it to the Decimator and Upsilon, its so bad compared to what those ships can do. 

3 hours ago, Polda said:

Considering we are using a combination of truly useful squad descriptions and dumb squad nicknames, I'll meet you in the middle and call it an incomprehensible bingo sheet. 

We've had supremely idiotic squad names since 1st Ed, though

We've even had people try to call Omega Leader "lockdown" and refer to them as such as if it wasn't stupidly confusing! 

3 hours ago, It’s One Of Ours said:

Also I think Guri, Fen Rau, and a third Fang Fighter taken together should be named “MandalMotors Test Drive”.  Because it’s thematic, and reasons.

I called mine "Robot Chicken".

Not entirely sure why.... I guess she's a Robot and they play chicken with things.

6 hours ago, It’s One Of Ours said:

I think it should be safe to say that any Guri found in a competitive environment will have Advanced Sensors -OR- Collision Detector.  And Adv Sensors is probably the most likely. 

I’m hereby nominating Guri with Advanced Sensors as being nicknamed Advanced Model Guri.  And any other sensor slot as being the Standard Model Guri.  

Phil GC is running Guri Fenn to World's.

3 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

We've had supremely idiotic squad names since 1st Ed, though

We've even had people try to call Omega Leader "lockdown" and refer to them as such as if it wasn't stupidly confusing! 

3 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

I called mine "Robot Chicken".

Not entirely sure why.... I guess she's a Robot and they play chicken with things.

5 hours ago, DexterOnone said:

Lists for The Resistance should be named using the titles of songs by Muse;

5As = Knights of Cydonia

Fat Vennie + friends = Supermassive Black Hole

Anything with complex interactions that you have to explain, in full, to your opponent every time you do it (I’m looking at you, Nodin Chavdri!)= Execution Commentary*

*This could probably be elevated to being the theme song for The Resistance faction since the Resistance Transport was released... :o

Seems like an entertaining thread title might be "Most Ridiculous Squad Names" - who's with me?

8 hours ago, DR4CO said:

So what you're saying is, welcome back to First Edition where people have to warp their squad building around the mere existence of one ship? Or risk literally losing at the list building stage?

Yeah, that sounds marvelous. I so missed having my list building dictated to on that level. Wish FFG had done it sooner, really. 🙄

Oh yeah let's just continue as we are, there's NOTHING wrong given there's NO large ships in the meta AT frakking ALL.